Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion PSN Offline?! - For 5 Long Days and Counting

PSN Offline?! - For 5 Long Days and Counting

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 28th, 2011, 9:11 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
^Gouldy, That was caused by a MASSIVE influx of subscribers after Christmas 2007. Microsoft apologized formally to all XBL subscribers and offered a free XBLA game to make up for it. Sony isn't to blame for the PSN hack, but they are to blame for allowing the PSN to continue service a FULL DAY after PSN user's information began being compromised. Then they had the NERVE to keep all this information private until recently.

Sony may have a free service, but that's a selling point. You are comparing PSN to Freeware. If there's a problem with Freeware, then oh well, you shouldn't be so cheap. If there's a problem with PSN, then Sony can't just say, "oh well, it's free." There's a huge difference.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post April 28th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
What I don't understand is why most people are either or. How could not having both systems not be the poop? No, I'm not rich, but I've had a 360 for 4 years, just got PS3 2 months ago. But it had been the plan from the get go. I've always had both systems. Each make great games that are specific to console.

Originally posted by Oscar

I'd rather RRoD than have my credit card info stolen and used [:)]

That's why I went to my bank and gave them fair notice. And went to a "friend" who could find out who...well, let's just say, that I can't say, who could find out what.

Hey, at least they gave me reason to play my Xbox.

Post April 28th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by Tetsu

@Real, I think its going to be down for a while.

^ Well, if people buy games legit via disc/DVD or via Steam or another download format you should be fine. It the torrents that get people in trouble. And despite Sony getting hacked, at least their systems dont get the RRoD every three years.

Also that, but i mainly meant im not gonna get a virus on my xbox from playing in a multiplayer lobby.
You expecting something not being here?

Post April 30th, 2011, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Originally posted by JellyBeans
There maps must be huge as love if they can have 256 players without major spawn kill.

You are correct. I once left my squad and was able to go from our spawn point (while attacking in Domination, the 256 game) and went straight to the other side of the map. I had to stop and hide a few times, but it took over 25 minutes to get the other side and the game mode only lasts for 30 minutes.

I believe MAG.com has overview (satellite) shots of all the maps. There is a reason it is technically named Massive Action Game. From the center of Domination map to the edge, I would guess at about 3 miles, maybe more. So you would have a 6 mile by 6 mile squared area to battle in.

MAG pretty much ruined all of the other FPS shooters in the market for me, whether realistic or fantasy shooters. An I do agree with the Halo statement, that you need to out think your opponents. Just try doing that with 100 enemies instead of 4 or 8. So I still think it's a casual shooter. But that's my opinion.

Post April 30th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
I can gaurantee more people are upset about this than the recent natural disasters/deaths lately. sad.

Post April 30th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
So, has anyone's PSN account come back? Mine hasn't :(
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post April 30th, 2011, 1:46 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Originally posted by ProZach626

I can gaurantee more people are upset about this than the recent natural disasters/deaths lately. sad.

Sadly I think you are right.

Post May 15th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Just letting fellow ps3 owners know, The network is back up. you do have to download a new update that requires you to change your password first (for obvious reasons)

Post May 15th, 2011, 10:29 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

I updated last night to 3.61 like 5 minutes after they released the update, tried to login to PSN but wasn't up yet. Tried it tonight when I got home and it took an hour to go through the three screens to change the password and accept the new TOS. I think the system is just overwhelmed.

I am happy to have netflix back tho.

Post May 15th, 2011, 11:35 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
lol
Doesn't affect me at all. I didn't even know about it until just now. I seriously haven't played, or even touched any game system in like a year and a half, maybe more.
Never been much of a gamer. :P

Post May 15th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
PC Gaming FTW!
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post May 16th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 201.00 Points

Post May 16th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Yeah all fine and dandy. Not really missed it either. Had one game on modern warfare 2 and got bored.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion