Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area "Rage" - Launched Ten-Looper

"Rage" - Launched Ten-Looper

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 7th, 2008, 11:47 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Greetings again, everyone. My promised 6-month break from designing after the NL Tournament is now officially over, and I believe I've finally found my inspiration again. I now present to you the first of two mid-sized 'comeback' coasters, my first non-contest designs in over 2 1/2 years, which I have been working on for a while now.

RAGE:

I began working on this coaster at approximately this time last year, for the unofficial "Launched Ten-Looper" contest. I went the Intamin route, and the resulting coaster is like a hybrid of "The Incredible Hulk" and "Maverick."

But since words are cheap, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

FIRST PICTURE:
This is the view coming up the launch. It's a LIM launch, through the coaster's vertical loop, from 0 - 46 mph in 2.5 seconds.

SECOND PICTURE:
Here, you can see why I say this coaster is kind of like the Hulk. After the inclined launch, there is a fast 0-g roll, then a 4.3 g diving spiral drop into a cobra roll and a loop. This is but a mere precursor, however.

THIRD PICTURE:
Three different in-line flips, all with different g-forces through them. The top one is a 0-gravity roll. The one on the right is my "lateral air roll" inversion which gives you a kick of airtime as it rolls out. And the one on the left is a "screw roll," which is kind of like a cross between a corkscrew and an in-line twist. It spins pretty straight-forward, but there are positive g's through the whole thing.

FINAL PICTURE:
The dive loop in the back is the "pause" element between crazy sections. In the foreground is the traditional Intamin elevated heartline transition, although this one is inches from the ground, bridging the gap between a trench and an underground tunnel.

THE SPECS:
Height: 130 ft
Launch: 0-45 mph in 2.5 seconds
First Drop: 113 ft
Top Speed: 68 mph
Track Length: 4704 ft
Inversions: 10
Inversion Sequence: Jojo Roll, 0-g roll, Cobra Roll, Loop, Lateral Air Roll, Screw Roll, Cutback, Corkscrew, Dive Loop
Moments of Air: 8
Max. Positive G's: 4.9
Max. Airtime: -1.2
Max. Lateral G's: 1.1

And that's all I've got for now. I hope you've enjoyed this little preview of my first comeback coaster, and will look for it when it's posted in a few weeks. I'll stop by with progress updates on the support and 3ds work as I get them done, and if you have any questions or comments about the coaster, feel free to ask.

Trackwork: 100% complete
Supports: 10% complete
3ds: 25% complete
Approximate Work Time Remaining: 25 hours
Last edited by cjd on December 8th, 2008, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 8th, 2008, 12:21 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
wow, looks awesome, cant wait for the upload!
how was this built by the way?
sorry, im not sure what you use personally, haha

Post December 8th, 2008, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points

Post December 8th, 2008, 12:29 am
cjd

jensen, this coaster is a hybrid between hand-shaping and FVD. The pre-lift, cobra roll, cutback, dive loop, and final double-up into the brakes are hand-built, the rest is FVD.

flaming_what, I'm open to changing them. What do you suggest?

Post December 8th, 2008, 12:30 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
oh alright, thats awesome!
well cant wait to see how it turns out!

Post December 8th, 2008, 11:51 am
cjd

flaming_what...

Is this a more appealing color scheme?

Return to Hard Hat Area