Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster RCT2 layouts?

RCT2 layouts?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 23rd, 2003, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,712.00 Points
Is it true that you can import an RCT layout into NL? Does it also work for RCT2? Is it hard to do? Does SM do this as well?

I am still debating between the two as to which I am going to buy, and right now I am leaning towards SM, but I like the option of being able to import coasters from RCT. I saw this in the NL help file, but I couldn't find the import option in the program. Is this only available in the full version and not the demo? I would have expected it to at least be listed but greyed out on the file menu.

Thanks for your help.

Vic DiAngelo

Post January 24th, 2003, 1:58 am

Points on hand: 2,878.00 Points
You can import rides from RCT1 into uoltimate ride with a covverter... somewhere. About NL, Im not sure.

Post January 24th, 2003, 2:29 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,893.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

you can import rct1 tracks into NL, but not rct2. No need for a converted just select from the file drop down menu and click import rct track and voila!

Post January 24th, 2003, 5:05 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
When you import a track from RCT is really sucks badly. It is just rougher than you could ever imagine. But it is a cool thing you can see your famous RCT rollers from the coach itself. But i don't think that this can be a reason to buy this game yes or no because the function works pretty badly. That's just because of the roughness of the RCT rides, it ain't a problem in NL

Greetz

Post January 24th, 2003, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,877.00 Points

True, RCT's tracks suck bad. (as they are very simple).

I'd suggest buying NL, even though the track converting option is nothing really.

Return to No Limits Coaster