Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster rollercoaster SIMULATOR

rollercoaster SIMULATOR

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post October 25th, 2009, 9:01 am

Points on hand: 777.00 Points
what do you think of this, looks cool, not?
my Last coaster: NLT2011 round2 => MaDcAt (NoLimits) MINECRAFT ADDICTED

Post October 25th, 2009, 10:31 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

couldn't have picked a crappier coaster [lol] it's that cliff diver one off one of the first few NL updates isn't it?

The sim chair looks ok, but not great, it doesn't seem to have a particularly large arc of movement.

Post October 25th, 2009, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
They need to create one in some sort of tube so the seat could rotate 360* side to side. I would take that over front and back movement any day. Oh god, rolls would be amazing!.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post October 25th, 2009, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I never have really liked these, they can't recreate the forces.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post October 25th, 2009, 11:20 am

Points on hand: 155.00 Points
I'd like to see it do airtime, or the jo-jo roll on hydra.

Post October 25th, 2009, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
If anyone has ever been to Disneyquest at Disney world, that have 360 degreen rollercoaster motion simulators. they're basically a cylinder with 2 seats (with otsrs!) that tilts and rotates on basically every possible axis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPtHDU3LYg
^the message is up there^

Post October 25th, 2009, 12:25 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^ That's more like it! And what with all the gash in the queue line....

Post October 26th, 2009, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,268.00 Points
If a chair could "recreate" the forces for NoLimits, and it could be bought at a reasonable price, sign me up!

Post October 27th, 2009, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post October 27th, 2009, 12:50 am
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points

Post October 27th, 2009, 7:37 am

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
That chair can't but don't say no sim can recreate the forces.

NASA's Motion base (http://www.simlabs.arc.nasa.gov/vms/motionb.html

The motion base at the VMS delivers unexcelled motion cues for realistic flight simulation. It features six degrees of freedom and the largest motion range of any flight simulator in the world, providing invaluable realism in piloted simulation.

If it can recreat Flight accurately then Im sure it could do a coaster easy. Only problem is it probably costs more then a coaster.
Cedar Point FTW

Post October 27th, 2009, 7:58 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Randomman4

That chair can't but don't say no sim can recreate the forces.

NASA's Motion base (http://www.simlabs.arc.nasa.gov/vms/motionb.html

The motion base at the VMS delivers unexcelled motion cues for realistic flight simulation. It features six degrees of freedom and the largest motion range of any flight simulator in the world, providing invaluable realism in piloted simulation.

If it can recreat Flight accurately then Im sure it could do a coaster easy. Only problem is it probably costs more then a coaster.

One problem your forgetting: Normal airplanes aren't supposed to go upside down. Meanwhile various Rollercoasters do that occasionally.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 27th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Just because planes aren't supposed to go upside down doesn't mean they don't. I'm sure that has been accounted for in that simulator at NASA. I don't see why that wouldn't be able to recreate a roller coaster.

Post October 27th, 2009, 6:25 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by boneplaya

Just because planes aren't supposed to go upside down doesn't mean they don't. I'm sure that has been accounted for in that simulator at NASA. I don't see why that wouldn't be able to recreate a roller coaster.

If you want to create the best rollercoaster simulator ever, you really need to feel the hangtime from being upside down and shifting of g-forces when going vertical up or down.

Those flight simulators can probably fly upside down. The electronics probably act the same. But you'll never feel the experience of being upside down because those enormous simulators can't do that.
Also if you're going to ride a rollercoaster inside a NASA Simulator it's probably like any other simulator. Just some shifting forward, backwards and sideways...

My vision of the ultimate simulator simulates all movements 100% accurate. So if I'm going through a corkscrew. The whole machine has to roll in such way that I have to feel the corkscrews forces and the B&M whip at the top of the corkscrew at the lateral acceleration forces.

If I'll ever build my own simulator at home. I'll probably create something like a motorized gyroscope. To recreate all experiences like going through loops, rolls etc. But that will be a hell of work and coding to get it working properly... [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to No Limits Coaster