Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - TR

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - TR

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 17th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
After a grueling track meet in the blazing hot sun and about 6 bajillion kids all competing, me and the girlfriend decided to take a trip to SCBB (the meet was only 20 mins away, so why the hell not.)

It was a Saturday and surprisingly it was not crowded at all. There were virtually no lines. Walked on to almost every ride.

Lets go into detail about some of the rides. Hooray!

Giant Dipper: This was way more fun than I'd remembered! The back seat provided some decent floater over some of the hills, but the front seat was kick ass! I was off my ass on almost every hill. The lats were quite heavy around the turnaround, but, ended with a nice pop of air. It was a very rickety ride, shook quite a bit, but such classic. Great ride, seriously.

Double Shot: Well. It's an S&S tower with two "shots." I throws you up, you get -1 G, and then it throws you up and redoes it all over again. Not too much to report, it's just a fun little time killer.

Cave Train Adventure: LOL. This ride was just hilarious. First off, the train that unloaded to load us had one caveman sitting in it. Remember the cave men from the Geico commercials? Yea. That kind of caveman. Sitting all alone in the front seat, with a murderous face on his... face. It was just a fun little slow ride. You watch horrible robots be stupid and hit each other with crap.

Ghost Blasters: Scared the poop out of me a couple of times. It was fun though, really fun. You rode around in a cart and shot stuff. A couple times stuff jumped at my face. I screamed. Unfortunately she beat me on that ride. My gun wasn't working though. See. I have an excuse.

Wipeout: OMFGRAVERIDEINSANENESS. You start the ride with the sound of seagulls, and then BOOM. Lights go off, and insane rave techno with strobe lights and everything start to go nuts and then you have a seizure. It tricks you a couple of times in the ride though. It's quite interesting.

We went on some various other rides. The crappy ass Hurricane ride. The definition of worst coaster that might kill you ever. We went and played some crazy lazer tag after though. There were a couple of stupid girls in there though who couldn't figure out how to put on the vest/shoot the gun. "Where do my arms go?!?!? I don't want to do this anymore." It was fun. I came in second place, and again... My girlfriend came in first. Lawl. I beat her in another shooting game though called Desperados. You sit in a saddle and shoot crap. I won. That's all I care about.

All in all it was actually a great day. I would say I have pictures, but the camera ran out of memory/battery. I would recommend riding the dipper at least once in your life. It's a classic fun coaster that provides tons of great air, and with the lap bar sitting about a foot off of your thighs, you get some air. Haha!

I had fun. I would recommend going.

Cody
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post March 18th, 2010, 10:45 am

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
Glad you had a great time at the Boardwalk, i'd rather go there than CGA anyday. I still need to get over there for that new and improved Haunted Castle they're building.

Post March 18th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Sounds like a blast! I went a few years ago, though I was only there for an hour or two, just to ride the Dipper and the Hurricane. I remember loving the Giant Dipper, but nothing about the Hurricane. Maybe it was complete poop... [lol]

Post March 18th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ It IS complete poop.

And I completely forgot to mention the haunted castle! I mean, nothing to really report, just a bunch of metal with some shaping so far. It looks like its coming along very nicely though. We could see the trench where you would be taken backwards down a flight of spiraling stairs, and the such. It's supposed to be one of the better haunted rides in the world. I'm hoping that the hype is the same as the ride.

EDIT: Just found some coverage on the ride over at screamscape. Link it!

http://screamscape.com/html/santa_cruz_ ... rdwalk.htm
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post March 18th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I loved the Hurricane, different tastes I guess. That was five or six years ago though, maybe it's gotten rougher since then. Nice report though, it's a great little park.

Post March 18th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
Ah the Giant Dipper, I love that thing, it's spoiled me. I don't find the Hurricane particularly offensive, but I'd much rather have the Jet Star back. I'm pretty jazzed about the Haunted Castle though.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post April 14th, 2010, 3:52 am

Points on hand: 1,052.00 Points
yeah these was great days i like those day broadwalk was fantastic
PATRICK

Return to General Theme Park Discussions