Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Scariest coaster experience.

Scariest coaster experience.

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 24th, 2004, 11:52 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
For me, BLUE STREAK!!! The little bar is so loose, I was standing up on every top of a hill! Or maybe I'm too sensitive to airtime. Or too weak![:D] 2nd scariest would be Millenium Force's 1st drop. At least -1g!! I know, I'm such a chicken, but that ejector air made me feel like I was going to red out!!

Post June 24th, 2004, 12:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
I suppose my scariest was when I was riding Increible Hulk Coaster, it was like my fifth time ( Walk ok ques) and the restraint was very loose. It was safe, but going through that Zero-G Roll was really freaky!

Post June 24th, 2004, 2:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Drop Zone (Not a coaster though)..the ride ops almost didn't lock us in and was just going to start the ride. My freind yelled out "Hey, not locked in here!!!" and they stopped everything and corrected it. Unfortunately, some kid died the next day in the same seats. It freaked me out when I heard about that.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post June 24th, 2004, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

that is freaky gumball, so far i have had no scary experiences with coasters, i love em to much to be scared, well, actually, the ones ive been on never had loose harnesses or anything like that.

Post June 24th, 2004, 2:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
^ I second about not have a scary coaster experience, but RipCord at Cedar Point was freakin scary the 1st time I went on it. I had to pull the cord too. :D

Post June 24th, 2004, 3:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

hmmmm, the scariest/funnest was the first time i rode a coaster. I was in the front row and when we crested the top of the lift hill and I looked down I almost had a heart attack (georgia scorcher) but I was VERY scared the first time i rode acrophobia(intamin drop ride). The ride op's always make it fun when you get to the top....8,7,6,5,4 drop

Post June 24th, 2004, 4:14 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i had only one scary experience on expedition geforce back seat. i was thrown to the side with @ least 0.8g! OMG really thrilling [:P] But my greatest feeling was that when i did on purpose the restain not fully closed on a freefall, it was awesome when it drop, a really FLYING feeling [:P][:P] -DELICIOUS- [:P][:P]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 24th, 2004, 7:04 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,239.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

For me, it was on the indiana Jones ride at disneyland paris. Me and my brother got on the ride, and we got to the top of the ride and it went over the top of the drop, and the restraint started to click open!! [lol] Everytime there was negative g force, the restraits on me and my brother started to click open a bit and we had to hold them down! I don't think they would have fully opened, but it sure felt like they were going to [lol] When we got off the ride, we told the ride-op what had happened and he checked our restriants and then the ride was stopped for a bit, while they took that train off the track to be checked over. A lucky escape I think [;)]

Post June 24th, 2004, 7:06 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

x is the scariest ive ever been on, it rocks! mr. freeze is very cool too, the line is always short. titan is also a cool one. all the coasters ive been on are great, execp for woodies...

Post June 24th, 2004, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,523.00 Points
i remember when i was young i cried so hard on jurassic park in hollywood

Post June 24th, 2004, 11:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,566.00 Points
OK here is what happened. I went on the hulk coaster at IOA on the launch my seatbelt flew open and out my restraint flew up And I held my restraint down the whole ride.Heres the second scariest time.I was riding acrophobia at SFOG and my restraint was wbling about 50 feet up at the top it almost came undone and at the bottom like 12 feet from the ground I fell out i landed on my feet bent my knees the car was at the breaks and I had a little bruise then when the car came down it hit my hand very slowly but it still hurt the ride operator closed the ride checked the restraint thought it was ok then the person in the same seat as me died 20 minutes after the ride opened he fell out at the top of the ride.

Post June 25th, 2004, 12:12 am

...that hulk one doesnt sound convincing...they woulda closed the ride and u woulda been thrown out especially on that beginning Zero G roll.

Another more surprising experience was on V2 Vertical Velocity. The ride op counted off 10...9...8...7...Blast off for us unexpectedly!!! Also, the sky coaster was a great freaky experience.

Post June 25th, 2004, 1:31 am

Post June 25th, 2004, 1:47 am

Originally posted by rollercoasterwacko212

OK here is what happened. I went on the hulk coaster at IOA on the launch my seatbelt flew open and out my restraint flew up And I held my restraint down the whole ride.Heres the second scariest time.I was riding acrophobia at SFOG and my restraint was wbling about 50 feet up at the top it almost came undone and at the bottom like 12 feet from the ground I fell out i landed on my feet bent my knees the car was at the breaks and I had a little bruise then when the car came down it hit my hand very slowly but it still hurt the ride operator closed the ride checked the restraint thought it was ok then the person in the same seat as me died 20 minutes after the ride opened he fell out at the top of the ride.

this is complete bull

If your restraint came up during the hulk, you would have been ejected out of your seat due to a little somthing people like to call PHYSICS AND THE LAWS OF GRAVITY! Secondly, there are sensors in the restraint which are connected to the rides computer so if your restraint came up, the ride would have SHUT DOWN.
There have been NO deaths on Acrophobia nor has anyone fallen out. And even if you did fall out, the train doesnt even come all the way to the ground for it to crush your hand let alone your body. You are WRONG in thinking people are that guilable and will believe your lies!

Post June 25th, 2004, 2:26 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by rollercoasterwacko212

both doesn't they sound as like that happned in real. I had one time a dream i was thinking my restain flew open. maybe it was also a dream from you?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 25th, 2004, 3:35 am

I know for a fact my drop zone incedent was real simply because of the fact it's an Intamin ride (sry guys, not bashing them cuz I love their rides but look at their death tolls all restraint related) but the whole hulk/acrophobia thing doesn't seem quite real...I'd see it from a dream cuz I ride coasters no restraints all the time dreaming

Post June 25th, 2004, 3:37 am

Originally posted by Angry_Gumball

but the whole hulk/acrophobia thing doesn't seem quite real...

it isnt, trust me, no one has died on acrophobia...yet...

Post June 25th, 2004, 5:04 am

Post June 25th, 2004, 11:39 am

I admitt it they are lies that i posted sorry.

We knew that.[:D]

Anyway, I hope I can go on Top Thrill this summer. I hope my ride will be a rollback.[:D]

Post June 25th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,300.00 Points

Originally posted by Angry_Gumball

I know for a fact my drop zone incedent was real simply because of the fact it's an Intamin ride (sry guys, not bashing them cuz I love their rides but look at their death tolls all restraint related) but the whole hulk/acrophobia thing doesn't seem quite real...I'd see it from a dream cuz I ride coasters no restraints all the time dreaming

Aerm, Intamin is not to blame, in all cases (except for possibly one case) the victim's shouldn't have been allowed to ride due to body propotions.
It's almost like saying it's B&Ms fault that the girl choked on candy when she was riding Raging Bull last year.

Post June 25th, 2004, 2:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,149.00 Points
Ya...I was in the que line when that happened...scary.

Post June 25th, 2004, 3:11 pm

OK heres what really happened my scariest coaster expierience was when I rode the hulk when we past the zero g roll and into the weightless drop was amazing I flew up out of my seat.then at the cobra roll I fell back in with the restraint locked of course.

Post June 25th, 2004, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

on the only real time ive been scared on coasters was when i rode the Pepsi Max Big One when i was 10 and also i found Apocalypse at Drayton Manor pretty scary on the first time, but thats about it for me

Post June 26th, 2004, 11:15 am

OK heres what really happened my scariest coaster expierience was when I rode the hulk when we past the zero g roll and into the weightless drop was amazing I flew up out of my seat.then at the cobra roll I fell back in with the restraint locked of course

Another lie???...[:D] [approve] You would have fallen out on the weighless drop [approve]

Post June 26th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

He just means that there was a lot of airtime, not that he literally flew out. My scariest experience was.......never. I've never really had a scary experience on rollercoasters.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions