Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Schwarzkopf Jet Star III / Jumbo Jet

Schwarzkopf Jet Star III / Jumbo Jet

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 19th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
So I've been working another heavily themed Mine Coaster called Silver Mountain Mining Company (REALLY heavily themed, everything is a 3DS but the track and supports. TConwell will LOVE this one [;)], at least the track work is much improved) but about 6 months ago my laptops 3D card burned out and I've been reduced to using the Intel on-board chip because of which the NL editor can't handle anything more than a Boomerang.

So I decided to do something smaller until I can afford a new laptop. A recreation to teach me something about real coasters, something simple and without a lot of theming. So I settled on the Jet Star III, which turned out to be neither simple or easy.

Supports are finally done 134 3DS support structures, 274 track connections. Now all I need to do is the fences, ticket booth and line area, signage and light structures.

There will be two versions, a night time one with baked textures (pictured) and a daytime one without.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p87
Last edited by Zazu Yen on August 20th, 2006, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post August 19th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Ahhhhh I love the Schwarzkopf Jet stars, they all look like great travelling rides. Memories of Black Hole at Alton and Viper at Lightwater Valley spring to mind. I know these were different models, i think Black Hole was actually a Jet Star II. Anyway, looking nice man. It looks great in the pics from the Sim, but from the editor it looks like you have a few pumps, especially in the helix. These rides are tricky to make, because they are so tight and compact. But keep working on it, i for one sure would love to download this [:)]

Post August 19th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

That supporting work is lush! God knows how u got them to line up with the track. Really looking forward to this one, the Jumbo Jet's a great ride (I remember when Alton had the 'New Beast') and this looks like an impressive recreation.

Post August 20th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
Thanks for the encouragment guys, I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out. The supports were lined up with the rails by exporting the track through the Construction Kit to 3ds and importing it into Max. It works fairly well but there's still some tweaking that needs to happen.

And yeah jpecool the track has been smoothed out some since those screenshot were taken, but my track-work is still not up to where I'd like it to be. Maybe I'll see if I can get someone to run over it once for me before I release.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Return to Hard Hat Area