Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Screen Casting

Screen Casting

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 9th, 2011, 3:52 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
The more time goes by the more users are submitting youtube videos of their coasters. So what package do you use to do it? On Mac i've tried a few but without forking out ?????????100 it's difficult to find one that isn't choppy and still allows me to capture all 2560x1440 of my screen.

The closest i've got is iShowU HD pro.

Post March 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 686.00 Points
Do you have Version 1.7? If so, then you can record video with the 0 button on the numpad. Then in your video editing program, import the video file.

Post March 9th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2011, 7:13 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^Which is why you use a video editing program to reduce the size.

Post March 11th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
If you don't need to edit your video clips, you can just use a converter (such as SUPER or Any Video Converter, both found on Google) to compress the video before uploading. Be sure to use Youtube's recommended formats.

Post March 11th, 2011, 8:32 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
I've always used the built-in recorder to capture my coasters however when it comes to other games, etc I have always used Fraps. (Don't bother with the trial IMO)

As well, what's your rig like? If picture quality, frame rate, etc at that resolution are not what you expected while using other recording applications that could be the effect of your computer providing inadequate processing power.. because it's old or something haha. If that is the case than you should just use the built-in recorder because it will automatically record frame by frame (although it takes longer) to ensure maximum quality and smooth playback. You computer may have difficulty playing the uncompressed video, making it seem like it's just a crappy recording.. Just convert the video to a popular format and all is dandy.

Return to No Limits Coaster