Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Screen Shots Are Very Important.

Screen Shots Are Very Important.

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post June 15th, 2004, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Hey everybody(specially to noobs!)If you want more ratings and dowloads make a good screen shot. I mean some shots are really pants, and if they look pants they think the ride is aswell. And also i know i get annoyed when people putPLEASE RATE MY RIDE!!!!!!!!. Do you get annoyed by this aswell.

Matt

Post June 15th, 2004, 2:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,810.00 Points

Do people not realise that reverse psychology kicks in when they put something like that? lol

I for one try to rate every ride I download, even if it's poor!

Post June 15th, 2004, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Well, I think the sentence: "Please ride and rate" has no effect on me. I rate a track only if I see that a beginner has made it and made some things wrong, which I tell him in the rating, or the track is really really good.

Bino

Post June 17th, 2004, 2:45 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

same Bino, its really not "Please rate and ride", if u were going to rate the ride in the first place, what difference does it make to people that say that...
i tend to rate noobie's rides first, cz they need the most help

and yea, a screenshot is quite important, not only a good one, but just to have one...
Rarwh

Post June 17th, 2004, 8:30 am

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 19th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

Hey peeps, but mostly newbs - not only is the screenshot important....but you need a good NAME too!!! and make sure your name is capatalized and spelled correctly - lol....I usually don't rate coasters with stupid names or mispelled names.

Oh, and BTW - Dijavixxxxx - is that avatar a vid of Oblivion @ Alton Towers?? (at least, I think it's AT)

Post June 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
I find that rates on bad coasters are much more helpful than rates on good ones - you learn alot more. I tend to write alot more for bad coasters to point them in the right direction!

Post June 22nd, 2004, 12:52 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i only download a ride with a screenshot, or there must be a good description on it. I always think on rides with NO screenshot: "that ride is so worse that they don't wanna show it". so if you want my attention add a screenshot and make the ride special.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 24th, 2004, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Or maybe the newbs havnt figured out how to make screenshots dirk!

Post June 25th, 2004, 6:17 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Matt

Or maybe the newbs havnt figured out how to make screenshots dirk!

Well what's difficult about making a screenshot: only pressing ctrl + F9

or if people want to know they can press the H of HELP, to get the info [;)]

Post June 26th, 2004, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
One time I edited my track saying that because it had 34 DL's... no ratings... but now, it's all good. People should be REQUIRED to review ALL their DL's. However, DLing your own ride because you lost your hard drive would be another story.

Post June 26th, 2004, 11:27 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Originally posted by coasteragent99

People should be REQUIRED to review ALL their DL's.

No, no, no, no, no! The site has been over this forever, we are not like cs.com. this is a free site to rate and review as you wish, not required. This makes us different. If people had to rate every ride, then the comments and reviews would be terrible. There would be no reason to be truthful, you would just need to slap a number on it and say something about the ride and call it a review. If, and since its this way, you arent required to review your downloads, you will rate beuase you want to. this is much different than other sites and I firmly believe that WeeWeeSlap will keep it this way. I hope that noone suggests that idea ever again. Case closed on required rates.

Post June 27th, 2004, 1:14 am

Points on hand: 3,810.00 Points

How about a page that lets us review our last X downloaded coasters or something then? I for one tend to loose track of where it is by the time I've got around to riding it :S

Post June 27th, 2004, 8:01 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

look @ my downloads, there can you view all your downloaded track...

Originally posted by coasteragent99
People should be REQUIRED to review ALL their DL's.

we don't want spamming rates, some people want only download tracks and if there is a download/rating limit they give a stupid rate so they can download more tracks.
If you want that people rate your tracks, rate others then. If they see your name on his/her's track(s). they look sometimes @ your tracks and maybe download and rate it also...

Post June 27th, 2004, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
If you want that people rate your tracks, rate others then

I used to do that alot, but I'm really busy now.

Return to No Limits Coaster