Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Selective Service System

Selective Service System

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 11th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
I've been doing some reading lately and some debating with classmates (a.k.a dickheads) about the Selective Service System. Of course everyone is against me because I have a different view.

For people who don't know who this is: Its a law that requires all males 18 to 25 to register in a draft if there is such a case that our country gets into a state of emergency.

I see this "system" as sexist and unconstitutional... Why?

1. The American Society accepts woman, so why aren't they forced to apply?

2. I already have the choice to enlist in the armed forces, and I choose not to enlist in any type of armed forces at all. THATS MY CHOICE AS AN AMERICAN!

Now before you start saying I'm "unpatriotic" and a "traitor" or a "terrorist" realize that I appreciate what the troops do for us as Americans. They give us the right to choose whether we want to enlist in the army or the navy, so forcing it upon us is contradicting the point, in such a situation.

I'm open to hear anyone's opinion, thoughts, anything, so don't be afraid to speak up!

Post May 11th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,944.00 Points

I completely agree with you, a lot of things in America are sexist.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:02 pm

Lol there is an accidental 3 at the bottom... sorry

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:19 pm

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Well women don't really make as good soldiers.

How do you know? Anyone who can fire a weapon accurately and have enought intelligence to work in a group to achieve a common goal can fight in a war.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:20 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
1. Women in general are bad soldiers (I hear they're good snipers however)

2. Quit writing poetry and painting paintings long enough for your balls to grow.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:23 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

coasterkidmwm joined the army strictly to find a hot woman that would take him [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:24 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Jms10391

How do you know? Anyone who can fire a weapon accurately and have enought intelligence to work in a group to achieve a common goal can fight in a war.

Weaker, slower, generally less endurance, no testosterone, they have periods, shorter, more compassionate generally, etc.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Coasterkidmwm, maybe I would respect you more had you posted something other than trying to make me look like a douche.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:34 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Don't worry it's not required to sign up. You just are required to sign up.

Satire aside this is another perfect example of politicians thinking we are stupid. "They won't know what it is, by saying it is Selective they will think they have a choice but when people start getting annoyed with us we can just draft them and that will be the end of it."

Next thing they will be saying that we will be required to sell everything they own but we can say that they are donating some of their possessions to help the politicia~ I mean people.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Weaker, slower, generally less endurance, no testosterone, they have periods, shorter, more compassionate generally, etc.

And for the PE tests Boys have to be better than girls in them, like in the mile girls have 1 more min. to run it than boys, boys have to do 20 curl ups to pass girls have to do 15, boys have to do 13 push ups girls have to do 7.

I rest my case

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:35 pm

All but one of those attributes (periods) can be trained to be improved. And it only takes one bullet to kill someone, providing that its aimed right.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Jms-it does not take just one bullet to kill someone sometimes it does though.

rcmaniac-Don't worry it's not required to sign up. You just are required to sign up. that doesn't make sense.

Post May 11th, 2009, 8:43 pm

rcmaniac- I can see what you're trying to say, politicians are telling us:

"Oh, you don't have to sign up, just if you don't, we will find you and force you to do things, give you a big fine and throw you in jail."

Post May 11th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

As someone who has served in the military for 19 years now, allow me to say this plainly:

Just register and shut the hell up. There are plenty of people willing to serve their nation so that dickheads who don't want too, won't be forced too. So, there you have it. Thank you.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post May 11th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I don't know what your talking about. Have the army give a woman soldier a gun while she is on her period and expect positive results...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post May 11th, 2009, 10:11 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

rcking04, you eve rhave a girlfriend?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 11th, 2009, 10:30 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Women have to do less pushups because their center of gravity is different than men, which makes it harder on them. Also testosterone helps build muscle, and at no fault of their own they don't have as much.

Coasterkidmwm, maybe I would respect you more had you posted something other than trying to make me look like a douche.

Don't have douchey thoughts then.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 11th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Yes...

edit- and by "yes" I am I have had a stable relationship, and I am currently going out with a girl right now. It's been about 7 months since I asked her out...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post May 11th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

The issue of women being exempted was addressed and approved in 1981 by the United States Supreme Court in Rostker v. Goldberg, with the Court holding "The existence of the combat restrictions clearly indicates the basis for Congress' decision to exempt women from registration. The purpose of registration was to prepare for a draft of combat troops. Since women are excluded from combat, Congress concluded that they would not be needed in the event of a draft, and therefore decided not to register them." However since the draft has always been used to conscript non-combat personnel as well; and likewise ninety percent of military jobs are non-combat positions, many of which are open to female volunteers; this calls into question why women cannot be drafted into such positions.

Post May 12th, 2009, 5:23 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Females should be used for what they're good at, cooking, cleaning and being total bitches. If any of those fall into jobs in the military, then by all means they can do those jobs [:)][lol]

Post May 12th, 2009, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 462.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Females should be used for what they're good at, cooking, cleaning and being total bitches. If any of those fall into jobs in the military, then by all means they can do those jobs [:)][lol]

Oh, I hit my head on the floor falling out of my chair!!!!!!

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion