Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SFGAdv - 2011

SFGAdv - 2011

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 23rd, 2010, 10:59 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I don't really have fond memories of the park... When I was there I had to watch them tearing down chiller.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 23rd, 2010, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah, the Chiller thing really sucks as it was an awesome ride, but you have to realize how much effort they put into that ride. They knew it had 1+ hour lines consistently when open, but it was just too much of a pain. Much as I hate to see it go, I completely understand.

Random little facts: A friend I met in college ended up working at GAdv the summer after I met him. He was the one who suggested slowing the end of the lift on El Toro, and he was the last to launch Chiller when they were testing it. He really is a nice guy, but in this case...what a jerk! haha

rcking04, I'm saying Chang wouldn't be all that unique, because most of what it does can be found on Bizarro, with almost difference at all besides the standing train. First loop, dive loop, and corks are all almost exactly the same in shaping and pacing, meaning Chang wouldn't add all that much variety other than the difference in "seating" configuration.

I vote send it to SFA (where I can ride it anyways...and a park that needs a good quality looping ride...or just another good quality ride in general lol). Then, GAdv, a park that can afford to get a really expensive ride, can get themselves an Intamin giga that people will really love and come to ride. Everybody's happy (especially me!). lol

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions