Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SFNE & SROS Question

SFNE & SROS Question

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 16th, 2007, 10:55 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
So I went to SFNE today (8/16). And guess what? SROS was closed all day. Further annoying was the fact that it wasn't even posted online in advance, it wasn't until we had driven 2.5 hours to the park that it was posted on the window in the form of a sloppy sign.

Anyways, I questioned at least 5 different staff members whom continued to rotate the position of gaurding the SROS gate and telling people it was closed all day, and perhaps tomorrow. They claimed it wasn't being worked on currently - I doubted that. So, I went behind an area to the right of the entrance which wasn't blocked off (though probably should have been), and was able to see the station area completely. Anyone want to guess what I saw?

So does anyone have any sort of idea of what's going on with SROS? It must be more then serious and a typical breakdown, maybe a part was damaged and has to be ordered from Intamin? It'd be really cool to get the inside scoop and true story from someone within. All I know is that it was broken down for part of the 15th as well, and may be broken still tomorrow and/or for the next few days (especially since it wasn't being fixed today), so heads up to anyone planning to visit the park.

In addition to several other breakdowns throughout the day (Mind Eraser & Batman .. go figure) and planning issues, I've decided to make another trip back sometime early next week, so I'll leave an update if I discover anymore.

Good ole SROS reliance [xx(]

Post August 16th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

....Anyone want to guess what I saw?

What did you see?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 16th, 2007, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

They claimed it wasn't being worked on currently - I doubted that. So, I went behind an area to the right of the entrance which wasn't blocked off (though probably should have been), and was able to see the station area completely. Anyone want to guess what I saw?

that all confused me... so it was, or wasn't being worked on?[confused][confused][confused]

and, should you have been in the place that wasn;t blocked off, or shouldn't have been?

and im guessing you saw someone working on it? or someone not working on it.. idk.. it matters what you meant by all that...?

and then again it could be me just not getting it of course...[approve]

Post August 17th, 2007, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Its called grammar... Not just you Austin. I didn't understand, either. I gave up trying to comprehend that paragraph half way through.

Post August 17th, 2007, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points

Post August 17th, 2007, 12:50 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post August 17th, 2007, 9:39 am
Premium Member

^I just discovered that moments after I searched google, I'm suprised that's taking over a week now.

EDIT: I was trying to imply without making it extremely obvious (since I implied my many doubts towards what they told me) that they weren't fixing it when they said they were.

And technically I wasn't in an illegal area because as many of your probably know, SF rides don't always have exit gates which stay shut to keep people out of the exit, just the station often. So by walking a bit up the short exit walkway I was able to get a complete view of the station to find no one working on it.

If you think about it, the chain being fixed would most likely require more work out of the station and on the lift anyways - which is viewable from many locations in the park.

Post August 17th, 2007, 12:31 pm
Premium Member

Does anyone know how one can check any SF park's ride status online? I would call, but I trust a main website more than an employee who tends to be rude and uninformative.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions