Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Should NL include Copying supports

Should NL include Copying supports

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Should NL include Copying supports

Yes!
91%
No!
9%

Total votes : 54

Post September 21st, 2003, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,417.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2003, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

yeah, if you make a support structure it'd be cool if you could save it like an element. Doing the eiffel tower support type with that feature would be very useful

Post September 21st, 2003, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

That would be really nice, can always just add what you made to another track.

Post September 22nd, 2003, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Neh, each track needs it's very own supports. The ability to copy supports would kinda remove the art in supporting [:p]

Post September 22nd, 2003, 6:59 am

Originally posted by G Force Addict

Neh, each track needs it's very own supports. The ability to copy supports would kinda remove the art in supporting [:p]

yeah, that would be bad if people used it like that, i would hate that actually, but in the complex support structures where you have to keep repeating the same structure (like the eiffel tower support style) then it wouldn't really remove the art in supporting [;)]

Post September 22nd, 2003, 10:08 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Originally posted by G Force Addict

yeah, that would be bad if people used it like that, i would hate that actually, but in the complex support structures where you have to keep repeating the same structure (like the eiffel tower support style) then it wouldn't really remove the art in supporting [;)]

I agree on that but I rather redo some supports than have a copy function. The intamin hyper style takes alot of time but when you get the hang of it it goes really fast. Although building a massive 150m support still takes about 10 minutes.

Post September 22nd, 2003, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

I think u should be able to copy suports! Doing this for example!
_|_|_|_|_|_
_|_|_|_|_|_
_|_|_|_|_|_

is very repetive!

Post September 22nd, 2003, 4:39 pm

If its any style than the very repetitive support structures then you shouldnt have that feature, kuz that would suck if someone just made a few supports and then kept on placing them all around the track.

Post September 22nd, 2003, 10:10 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I have been wanting to have a feature like this ever since I started making coasters. Let's face the facts... Making custom supports once is hard enough... let alone the multiple times you have to do it to finish the structure. I think that this feature would help to make the game a more friendly environment for everyone. Granted, I personally don't mind because I am extremely patient when I build coasters.

Post January 28th, 2004, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,367.00 Points
I'd love it if we could copy supports. It would be really cool!!!

Post January 28th, 2004, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
the only supports i'd like to copy is the plain X box support
__
|\/|
|/\|
---

i agree every coaster should have it's own supports tho

Post January 28th, 2004, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
I think this would be a nice addition to Nl and helps beginners to make good supports

Bino

Post January 28th, 2004, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

Yes - good idea!!! Hyper Coaster supports would become much easier. They also should be able to be scaled, exactly like the elements

Post January 28th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

nah, i actually enjoy making supports for my coasters, and if you were to copy the supports and then added it again wouldnt it be kinda considered to be pre-made?

Post January 29th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

well, if you could copy just certain sections that a REALLY repetative. eZe7789, it won't be really pre-made if u made the origional, and need something very similar for another part of the track.

Post January 29th, 2004, 11:45 pm

true, but im juss saying i think it would kinda take away from the tracks uniqueness if you had the same supports on every track without some variety.

Post January 30th, 2004, 12:15 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I don't think there should be a support copier, because its another step towards being able to build a good ride with no real amount of skill, and every support should be different anyway, like eZe7789
said, it would just be repetative, because lazy people who probably suck at nl (not that i'm any good) would just copy good supprts from tracks that they had downloaded, and make their own rides look more professional and better. So thats a straight no, just NO! personly i dont think any more nl tools like the support flanger and the track smoother should be available because its going to end up, that people dont have to have any skill to build them.

Post January 30th, 2004, 12:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I dont think copying supports is such a bad thing I get bored of
doing the same process every time, also it wouldn't make any difference to the quality of coasters as the track design is a skill
in it's own right.

what I woul like tyo be able to do is load a track into a 3d modelling
program and build the scenery around it so that it fits perfectly

Tia(any chance)

Post January 30th, 2004, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

we should at least have the option of placing free nodes and having some sort of auto support for doing lattice work. Tia - you would have my, and several other people's eternal gratitude if you can make an auto-lattice program that will allow you to choose from about 3 different types of lattice to connect selected free nodes with....

Post January 31st, 2004, 1:04 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
Yes, copying supports would be nice.

And again I have to ask: Why is it a bad thing if making good rides get's easier? I asked this many times before, yet nobody could tell me why they think it's a bad thing. So please, enlighten me... why?

Buster.

Post January 31st, 2004, 7:27 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

for the reason that it defies taking any skill to build a coaster. Like when NL first was on the market. Having to do everything yourself improve your skill at making coasters. You had to learn how to do everything by trail and error. After a few months yu were pretty much a pro and know how the sim worked. With all these tools it really doesnt take much skill at building coasters and in the competitive world its hard to judge a coaster on its skill level. It takes minimal effort to make a coaster, use the track smoother, use some saved supports (probaly from someone else ride) and then adding flangers. The people i seee doing this dont have any skills and there tracks never seem to improve. The fact is the track exchange will be raped by half ass rides that are more plastic rides compared to the good rides hand built.

Post January 31st, 2004, 7:28 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Because, my dear fellow, Once you have a fat lot of tools, you can make a ride with next to no skill, and when people like erm, the edge for example, have worked so long to get so good at making the rides, then its a bit of a kick in the tangoolies when you see people who have created a track using every tool under the sun, with no real skill. It is just annoying thats all.

Post January 31st, 2004, 8:02 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
Ain't the layout, look and feel of a ride the most important? Who cares if the designer really knows how to smooth a bezier? The most important thing is the layout. And no tool can help you there.
I really don't see a problem.

Buster.

Post January 31st, 2004, 10:34 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I wouldn't mind seeing something like this either. I had pretty much lost interest in building NL coasters until the track smoother tool was released. Since it made building a lot easier for me, it gave me more time to learn how to do other things with the editor and with 3d objects.

Post January 31st, 2004, 1:17 pm

The track smoother dosent even work on my computer, and i wouldnt like using it either even if it did work,because it takes away my satisfaction of fully making my own ride, and seeing how much people like it, and i fully agree with everything Edge said.

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster