Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Simulator trouble

Simulator trouble

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 11th, 2005, 2:45 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
My simulator has been having some problems the last week or so. It alwyas freezes for about 25 seconds. It doesent matter how my FPS is doing I can have it in the 70 range and it still freezes, Woodies, terrain, 3ds, It all doesent matter on how much stress im giving it. The thing just freezes every 20-30 seconds always on time, for about 25 seconds. It seems to be a bug or something. Any comments??

Post July 12th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,808.00 Points
Need more info....Are you running an AMD processor with an nVidia AGP graphics card....If so, that may be your problem!

Post July 12th, 2005, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
WEll it always worked fine untill 2 weeks ago, so its not something wrong with my equipment. Im upgrading my RAM and GPU, so maybe that will help.

Post July 12th, 2005, 8:26 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Oh and be sure to get a PCI-E so your gonna have to upgrade your mobo too. Just a suggestion as AGP are dying out fast.

Post July 12th, 2005, 11:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
PCI-E is VERY overrated. 8X agp is actually faster.

Post July 13th, 2005, 1:41 am

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I dont think running an AMD processor and AGP graphics card is the problem
I have this configertion and I dont have any problems with it. PCI-E is the
only way to go you try and find the new Nvidia chipset on an AGP card, you certainly can't here in the UK. SFMM Homie make sure you haven't got any other programs running then try running it. Also re-install or update your graphic drivers.

Post July 13th, 2005, 6:26 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

It sounds like your comp is overloaded with tasks (CTRL-ALT-DEL to Task Manager to see what is running) ... but it could be something very simple as a RAM upgrade and you'll be set.

Post July 14th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by randalltgenxr

Need more info....Are you running an AMD processor with an nVidia AGP graphics card....If so, that may be your problem!

What??? What's wrong with an AMD proscessor and an NVidia AGP card?

Post your dxdiag so we can get more info. It will stretch the page horribly but we need it to help. To do so, go to start>run and type in dxdiag, then go to save all info when it's done collecting data, then open the txt, press ctrl-a to select everything, then ctrl-c to copy it, then go to the reply winto and hit ctrl-v to paste all of that stuff.

The pci-e slots have 4 times the bandwidth of an agp card. But most of that bandwidth is not needed by most cards.

Return to No Limits Coaster