Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
Hard at work shaping and modifying the track. As for the length, it's within twenty feet of the real coaster so far.

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
oooh, superman looks great Blase! I have ideas on the supporting already too.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Mkj332 wrote:
Hard at work shaping and modifying the track. As for the length, it's within twenty feet of the real coaster so far.

Hey, welcome to CoasterCrazy! That is looking great!

Dusso- Couldn't get Batman sounds. Was having "minor technical difficulties" when I was over there.

I'll be back on Tuesday!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
@Mkj332: El Toro is there! Fantastic way of joining this place, welcome! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Another addition!
JetstreamCoasters from NLE is onboard and is doing Bizarro!

Edit:
And Dapalm is now on board making Green Lantern for us!

Thanks both of you!

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
Everything's looking really good, I think the only unclaimed major coasters are Nitro and Runaway Mine Train. I've been working on a car texture (just the train logo, really) for El Toro, it's too bad it can't have accurate trains since NL2 doesn't have the Intamin trains. I've also been looking for a good version of the Superman theme to use as station music.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I completely forgot this was happening but if you need any help with trackwork or supports still I can help some.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

TTD03 wrote:
^ How about the official theme? I have it.

I'm trying to get a lossless version (wav or flac) because it needs to be a .ogg for NL2 and I'd rather not take the quality hit from converting one lossy format to another. If you have one, great!

Edit: Found a FLAC download of the whole OST. There's at least 3 different versions of the theme in it, I need to figure out which is the best.

Edit 2: Superman station music has been added, I'll update the park hopefully tomorrow when my El Toro train logo is done.

El Toro train logo done and textures added to master park file and El Toro starter kit. It looks like this:

Master park file now also includes Superman station music, with the player object already in place where the station will be.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Great, I know someone is doing El Toro, so this might be of use!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
I completely forgot this was happening but if you need any help with trackwork or supports still I can help some.

Someone still needs to do Nitro and Runaway Mine Train?

^^^ That bull is a good pull! Good luck to a track designer! :D

TTD03 wrote:
^ Great, I know someone is doing El Toro, so this might be of use!

Yep, already PMed him the textures.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
You can make Intamin rails for El Toro in a similar fashion to how RMC rails are made.

TheCodeMaster has a script that will allow you to put a custom train on the ride so if someone models it you can try to make it work.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

I'm honestly thinking of making a custom train. I think I could do a pretty decent job but I don't know the first thing about scripting

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Kyle Sloane has a custom Intamin prefab train for Lazarus. Maybe you could ask him if you can use it?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

I have a question for you guys. So as I'm working on El Toro, I can't help but notice that it flies ridiculously fast in the simulator when compared to a side by side pov. I know that O I am still working on elements but is there anything I have to adjust under friction settings?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Yes. The real El Toro loses speed much faster than in the simulator. I believe it has something to do with the weight of the real trains and air resistance. Ask TCM about it, he'll probably know what to do.

PS. I replied to you on NLE also!

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
NL1.0 friction/physics works great for Intamin prefabs. The reason for the difference is the wheels being used. Toro uses polyurethane wheels on steel rails which lose speed way faster than steel on steel due to increased friction. I had done a quick test with a Toro recreation a while ago and it looked just about right.

^ That made a huge difference. Much better and more realistic now. Going to start heavily working on the shaping of the turn around as that is giving me the most trouble.

What was NL Ver 1.0 like? I know Mad Data launched it in 2001. Sounds really classic if compared to NL2 with uber-extremely beautiful graphics. When I first got NL, the version was already 1.55. :)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Here's an update on Toro. Still shaping before I even consider starting some supports and intensive 3ds work. As for the length of the ride, the real coaster is 4400 feet and mine is 4392 feet so the continued shaping should finish it off. Enjoy the pics but feel free to rip it apart with criticism as I really want it to look nice.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

"Super Ejector Hill" as I like to call it (One of my favorite parts of the ride!) in that last picture is a tad bit more steep in real life, and the crest is tighter too. Other than that, looking great!
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area