Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Six Flags Great America 2014

Six Flags Great America 2014

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 22nd, 2013, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,578.00 Points
I'm sure the park traced the ride layout onto an existing site drawing. It would surprise me if the theater was still standing next year.

Post August 22nd, 2013, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,232.00 Points
Originally posted by CKidd

I think I remember RMC saying in an interview that would only do low G inversions, nothing that has a lot of force like loops, or dive loops

Yup, because it would require headrests.

Intamin said at the IAAPA that they don't want inversions for their woodens. Well, even if the park has the last word, I don't think you'll see a wooden with inversion from them soon.

That reinforces the RMC rumor.

Post August 22nd, 2013, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
Originally posted by Oscar

Originally posted by jdmi012

^ I can't imagine that theater is staying. It would be kind of difficult to have a stage show with a roller coaster buzzing by every minute.

It's Six Flags, so it would be buzzing by every 10 minutes xD

Comment of the year.

Post August 23rd, 2013, 4:49 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by KingRCT 3

Originally posted by CKidd

I think I remember RMC saying in an interview that would only do low G inversions, nothing that has a lot of force like loops, or dive loops

Yup, because it would require headrests.

Intamin said at the IAAPA that they don't want inversions for their woodens. Well, even if the park has the last word, I don't think you'll see a wooden with inversion from them soon.

That reinforces the RMC rumor.

I think you're right. They'd likely had a brief which they gave to the woodie manufactures - so intamin would've said no outright.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 23rd, 2013, 9:36 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
B&M said they'd never go over 300ft also

SFGAm updated their facebook profile picture to an NTG looking thing, so I think it's safe to say the RMC guess will be correct. We'll find out later tonight.

EDIT I didn't know they'd put the rides up on facebook before the night time announcement thing:
1. Steepest drop on a woodie
2. Fastest Woodie (guess the GM was mad the Eagle lost it after 30ish years)
3. Tallest drop on a woodie (180ft)

*The dive loop is normal
*"Zero gravity roll" - it's an upsidedown hill. Looks like a bad idea from newton honestly lol.
*It goes in the same tunnel twice.
*First drop is straight

My only complaint is the "zero gravity roll" that could have been an air hill. Regardless of that it still looks like it has a double dip from the turbo POV at the end and should be a really great ride.

Double Edit: Anyone get the Medusa page to work? I want to see what they're doing to that. Also we're sending another coaster to lesser America near Baltimore lel. New Jersey, SFGAm, and probably Mexico won the ride lottery this year
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions