Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Helo9797 wrote:
...Thunderbird is nothing special...

B&M is building an actual Launching Coaster... HOW IS THAT NOT SPECIAL?! :lol:

Also, the fact that it's Holiday World's first major steel coaster, so while it may not be the longest, fastest, or most inverted, it's the best decision they could have made to start their path towards thrills for all ages. Plus, Wing Coasters are my favorite ride type, and I love a good Launch. So when it was unveiled and I sat there watching front row, my mind turned to mush and the cold chills ran through out. On the other hand, when Twisted Colossus was unveiled, it was certainly nothing special. Did I say I ever hated the ride? No. There's just nothing that stands out.

"BUT TYLER IT'S GOT INTERLOCKING INVERSIONS!?"
Yeah, so does Dragon Challenge.

"UM U 4GOT THE ZERO G STALL!!!1!1!"
Cool, Goliath has one too. Did you see Wicked Cyclone's 200 Degree stall? Now that's new.

"YAH BUT DA HIGH 5!!? HA!"
Gravity Group did that years ago.

Also another problem I have with this ride is the fact that it is a Mobius Loop. Hardly any of the dueling elements will work every time. I know they can slow the chain speed, but Six Flag's Employees can be the slowest paced humans on the planet, no one wants to sit on the lift hill for a good 5 minutes to watch people hang above them, because little sally wants to finish her lemon slushy. I think it's kind of crappy some people are getting so upset because of a difference in opinion. This isn't CoasterBuzz, and this isn't Theme Park Review, If someone wants to have a difference in opinion, than so be it. It shouldn't affect you in anyway.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
^
Yes. Yes. Yes. That is exactly what I was thinking. And honestly you are going to defend TC by saying Thunderbird is nothing great. Go home your obviously drunk if you believe that. While I do know that the park had budget limitations, we are talking about SFMM here, I think with their size they will be making enough money to put more effort into it. And does anyone else realize that a zero-g stall and a zero-g are not that different. While I do acknowledge the fact of hangtime, that is all the stall has to differentiate it from the actual roll. I think that TC was a huge disappointment, but as long as it makes SFMM money, I am pretty sure they are satisfied.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
I love how tall the "High Five" element is off the ground, followed by a straight drop on the blue side, and a double down on the green side. I cannot wait to experience the sensation of that back to back! 8-)
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
^
Did I not say I'm still excited for thunderbird?
It isn't any special, a launch? A ton of rides have launches, a wind rider launch won't be any different than any other launch.
So it's just a Wingrider, and that's fine, it's nothing special but I'm still excited!

How many coasters have a high five element? 1? And somewhere where many of us don't have the opportunity to ride. So theres hundreds of launches but one high five. So yeah TC is in fact something special, why? Because many of main draws are rare to find in world.
-I don't know how close a stall and a roll are until I ride, but my guess is that they very different. I won't really know until I experience it.

^
And sorry guys, but I feel you guys are taking this a bit too far. You don't have to keep repeating the same info lol
I get it! You don't like TC, message received! Cool, no problem! I can see why, and I understand the complaints, I have some as well, but I can see the greatness in this ride.

So take a step back, relax and don't let this become like a YouTube comment section.
I understand it's just your opinion, so cool, no problem.

^ LMAO.

Those You Tube comments sections are the worst! It's like, how can I top the ignorant, negative post above mine. And about EVERYTHING. The internet sure does bring out the worst in people sometimes.

I agree that TC is not perfect but will be awesome for this park, especially for people not use to RMC-style airtime, it will be a revelation! If I have to say anything negative about the RMCs going in next year, it's that the green side of TC just kind of peters out. I would've liked a stronger ending. And with WC, way, way, way too many over banked turns...my least favorite part of NTG.

Still, these rides are going to surprise people next year.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

LuckyK wrote:
To time it out would mean 2 minute trains. The ride is 4 minutes long with no mcbr except the lifts. Since it duels each half would be about 2 minutes. That would mean on train every 2 minutes. They are going to have to stack somewhere. Also they have to have belts I'm sure with that stall

A lot of times Maverick stacks trains on the brakes.

Lol Six Flags takes forever to dispatch all of their coasters, and usually the train stays on the brake run for a rather long while. At least that was the case at Gadv recently. The staff running the rides isn't too efficient so I imagine they will duel it for around 2-3 seasons then give up :D. Also, it will likely not always duel due to people not being able to fit in the seats and such.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
why is everyone so excited about high five s to begin with? They are literally banked turns close to each other. The element itself is nothing special. I think the transition out of it on the green side is more exciting than the high five itself. I wasn't impressed when Gravity Group did it, and I'm not impressed that RMC did it. I never understood the hype over that. I will say that that stalls do kinda sorta feel different. It's cool to be upside-down that long, but its not really zero-G. It's more of an inverted airtime hill. They are definitely different though. Also something I did years ago in scream machines when it first came out. Too bad rctdepot went down years ago or I'd link them and sue for plagiarism lol

Paradox User avatar

I want the world's first High 5 where you can touch hands.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

^You have no idea what people would come up with to take it too far :D

Someone would inevitably do something stupid and ruin it for everyone like Dueling Dragons
It's been a long time

Paradox User avatar

Don't even bring up dueling dragons. I went on the week they stopped the dueling and they were doing a lot of testing.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

It might just be the video, but it looks like RMC designed this ride so that the blue side always leads the green, so the High Five element will really be a High Three element ( a split second sync up that doesn't give anyone time to try something dangerous). No doubt anticipating the stupidity of certain guests who get the idea to throw something or give someone the finger. People CAN BE really idiotic and ruin good things for everyone.

So while that part of the ride does look fun, it's the two drops right after that look more interesting to me.

Manic Monte wrote:
...while that part of the ride does look fun, it's the two drops right after that look more interesting to me.

Agreed.
It's been a long time

Honestly, it's just a few people here who don't like the ride. The reaction in most places has been very positive.

That blue track being laid down looks stunning. I can't wait to see the lift and drops go up. This is by far the 2015 project I'm most interested in. There will be no other ride quite like this one operating in the United States!

LuckyK wrote:
Lightning racers
Gawzi
Dueling Dragons
Twisted Twins

None of those rides feature a continuous loop without getting off, where you duel not once, but twice. This will be the only of it's kind in the US.

Actually the Racer at Kennywood is a m??????bius loop too. Depending on the day they will run both trips if its slow

Well I'll give you Racer, because technically it does loop.

Another favorite of mine btw...

Colossus wouldn't count as a m??????bius loop because it doesn't go back through the station anymore. It's just a timed quadruple out and back

Right. I don't consider it one either.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Auctly dueling dragons duel sometimes if it's a busy day I went just a few month ago and went on it while dueling

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
TTD03 wrote:
- Four minutes of thrills on nearly 5,000 feet of track ?????? longest hybrid coaster in the world

What about the Ultimate?

Paradox User avatar

Why are parks so hesitant to take the throne from Steel Dragon.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Even though Steel Dragon cost extra to make it earthquake resistant, a track that long would likely cost a lot, and would probably be another giga.
It's been a long time

the biggest issue is real estate. Unless you have massive amounts of extra land like King's Island or Lightwater, where would you put a coaster that size? And if it COULD fit, why eat up that much attraction space for just one coaster that loses its draw after a few years

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!