Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
The more I stare at it, the more I realize how absofreaking amazing that is. I'm practically drooling over the shaping over those trick-track hills. That is some "twisted" track!

Yeah, I'm suddenly obsessed with these tiny little hills lol.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
GP whiplash city lol. Wonder if the station is getting raised to compensate or if its going to get kinda launched. I don't see it making it over all that how it was

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ I'm thinking the station will be raised a bit. A launch thing would be an unncessary component that would only add to downtime.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
you forget, its on a downhill slope towards the parking lot, that's how old colossus made it to the lift while constantly gaining speed
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
they wouldn't need to raise the station, just let the coaster go, it'll make it!

Yeah, the original Colossus crawled out of the station but quickly picked up speed as it headed downhill towards the lift. Those hills are only about 5 feet off the ground. lol
Last edited by Manic Monte on October 7th, 2014, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Hmmm, forgot about that, maybe nothing has to change after all.

plus i think they already finished the station track.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I just read it on screamscape. Plus the pics were not clear enough to even notice. :(

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

POV! It's not on YouTube yet so here's an article with it:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/la-trb-tw ... video.html

Weird. The ride brakes before the trick track and the continues on faster. To help with timing maybe?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Timing certainly - also means they can dispatch the train as soon as its ready to clear the next train into the station to be loaded helping throughput!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Yeah it looks like a timing block, designed to help with the ride's dueling aspect. Exactly right mkingy. :P

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

mkingy User avatar

RCT3rox wrote:
Wait wait wait... Did Six Flags just do something smart?

Well. RMC did something smart - whether Six Flags actually operate it properly is another matter!
Coaster Count - 198

mkingy wrote:
RCT3rox wrote:

Well. RMC did something smart - whether Six Flags actually operate it properly is another matter!

It doesn't help the timing though. Just the amount of people that can sit on the track. The timing is based on the green side no matter how many sections you add on the blue side. If you know how long it takes from leaving the first lift to clearing the second, you know the fastest a train can be moved from station to block after stacking.

Station>staging block>lift Hill> allll the way around to the the second lift before the train leaves the first lift.

That's where the hang up is unless they just run it anyway and hope nothing crashes.

mkingy User avatar

LuckyK wrote:
mkingy wrote:
RCT3rox wrote:

It doesn't help the timing though. Just the amount of people that can sit on the track. The timing is based on the green side no matter how many sections you add on the blue side. If you know how long it takes from leaving the first lift to clearing the second, you know the fastest a train can be moved from station to block after stacking.

Station>staging block>lift Hill> allll the way around to the the second lift before the train leaves the first lift.

That's where the hang up is unless they just run it anyway and hope nothing crashes.

It means you can load a second train whilst the first sits on the block waiting for syncronized dispatch - meaning once the trains clear the lift hills you're had that extra time to load up the next train - hence helping you dispatch the train in time to keep the timing right.
Coaster Count - 198

^ Exactly. It all makes sense to me.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I can see how if the blue side is released from that block just after the previous train is released from the chain it would time it well enough to match up by the time the first train had the time to finish the blue circuit and reach the green chain

On another note, instead of auctioning off to be one of the first riders like parks usually do I'd rather be on the 2nd train to go since you wont get the full experience with the first
What are these for?

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Is it just me or is the green side a lot better?

I personally didn't notice the high five element. Just sayin'. Also, that first turn after the drop is my favorite part of the whole ride. The way the trains interact and the view, the way it over looks the trees and the parking lot looks awesome. The element itself just looks really cool in my opinion and even looks a bit retro 8-)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Wow, six flags did something smart... I need a few years off to recover from this head trauma :P

mkingy wrote:
It means you can load a second train whilst the first sits on the block waiting for syncronized dispatch - meaning once the trains clear the lift hills you're had that extra time to load up the next train - hence helping you dispatch the train in time to keep the timing right.

none of that will give it a better PPH than batman if you can still only clear the blocks every 2 minutes. It just means more people sitting on the track

Glad they got a POV to show how the timing work. I was pretty sure the one of the lifts would be slower than another, but glad to see there's a block after dispatch. Makes sense now :lol:

mkingy User avatar

LuckyK wrote:
mkingy wrote:

none of that will give it a better PPH than batman if you can still only clear the blocks every 2 minutes. It just means more people sitting on the track

I don't recall ever saying that it would have better PPH. I said that it would help with timing of the dueling.
Coaster Count - 198

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!