Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
I don't understand why they turned the Top Gun Stall into a regular 0G Stall. If they made the stall's entrance rotate to the right instead of the left, they would still have the same effect for the exit, and the element would seem more "complete" and not like it's hesitating to finish the roll. Still looks fantastic though!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

The ride's looking amazing! But that audio makes the video feel like it was taken using a cellphone camera from 2003 or something. :lol:
mkingy wrote:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
I tend to believe this will be looked back upon as RMC's first (only?) dud in a few years.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Wow, that train is hauling! I think Wicked Cyclone looks better, but Twisted Colossus should still be a great RMC.

Paradox User avatar

TC looks like a great ride, but whenever I look at it all I see is wasted potential. :(
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
This ride is hauling ass.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Paradox User avatar

I like the hangtime on the stall, but I feel as if the blue train will overtake it at that part.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Wicked Cyclone impresses me a lot more. It's just a more complete ride.

With that said, Holy spit balls at the airtime on TC. That drop combined with the air on that second hill should be illegal. :shock:

Paradox User avatar

Whatever SFMM builds never seems complete to me as all of their rides feel as if as long as they get their gimmicky record in the rest of the ride doesn't matter.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I feel like everyone is underrating this ride too much for it's first test run. True, WC is the better ride, but this thing is hauling and it has some great airtime from what I can see. They could have done more with the layout, but really it's not that bad. I most certainly don't see it as a dud, but I think there are a lot better RMC's out there.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox wrote:
Whatever SFMM builds never seems complete to me as all of their rides feel as if as long as they get their gimmicky record in the rest of the ride doesn't matter.

Maybe recently. But Viper, Riddler's Revenge, Tatsu, Apocalypse, Gold Rusher, Scream are all complete rides.

TC is short due to the dueling aspect and cost. But for what it is, WOW! May 23rd cannot come soon enough!

Coaster Hero wrote:
I feel like everyone is underrating this ride too much for it's first test run. True, WC is the better ride, but this thing is hauling and it has some great airtime from what I can see. They could have done more with the layout, but really it's not that bad. I most certainly don't see it as a dud, but I think there are a lot better RMC's out there.

Personally, now that we are near the opening day for this ride, I am so excited for TC. And after seeing that test run, people can say whatever they want (everyone is entitled to their opinion), but this ride looks kick ass. You get to race twice, all while being out of your seat for 70 percent of both runs? Sign me up please!

If anything, Goliath is the dud RMC. I liked the ride, but it's got two good elements and that's it. They're great, but I came back to the station wanting more, a lot more.

Wicked Cyclone is non stop action, like Medusa. And TC looks like an airtime machine, like Iron Rattler. I'll be riding both within a week of each other and will post my reviews soon after.

Courtesy of Park Journey.

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
AmatsuNL wrote:
I don't understand why they turned the Top Gun Stall into a regular 0G Stall. If they made the stall's entrance rotate to the right instead of the left, they would still have the same effect for the exit, and the element would seem more "complete" and not like it's hesitating to finish the roll. Still looks fantastic though!

It's called a top gun stall because it does the stall above the other tracks airtime hills, not because of the way it rotates in and out of the element.

Oh... Still, I think it would make more sense if the roll was "completed" instead of being "cut short".
mkingy wrote:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I just stumbled on the testing video not knowing it has been out for almost a week now. It looks incredible. The wheels and track are going to break in more and when both sides haul ass together it's going to be an absolutely revolutionary sight to see. The drop and most of those hills look simply insane. And the green double down is very reasonable unlike that one weird picture we all saw of it.

Paradox your view on the ride still appalls me and it makes me think you're being intentionally biased against it since there exists something else to, for whatever reason, compare it to. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion but I just cannot fathom a worldview where this roller coaster seems "gimmicky" and that most of the ride "doesn't matter". And I also can't at all see how this is wasted potential. Can you imagine how much careful design, manufacturing, and destruction/construction they had to execute for this? It would certainly cost overall more than the New Texas Giant did, but which layout is much observably longer and stronger? This one's. Had they used the rest of the supportage from the original Colossus and used all the "potential" you think they could have, it would be a mammoth project that would cost Six Flags Inc far too much money for what it would be worth. The ride time is already two and a half minutes at least, as it is.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Manic Monte, Goliath has 2 good elements? At the very least, I count a 180' near vertical first drop as a good element, a fast and strong airtime hill as a good element, and that inverted stall (plug, far as I know I did that first in NL1 a long time ago for Countach which you can find here) as good elements. The dive loop certainly looks solid, the ascent into the brakes I'm guessing has good air even if it is half a hill. The rest doesn't look bad too. I can see saying it's too short, but I don't think individual elements are low quality to the point of saying the ride only has 2 good ones.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
That train is killin' it.

For whatever reason, I don't think a lot of you are understanding how truly intense some of those airtime and rotation moments are going to be.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
GerstlCrazy I don't think *you* are understanding how truly intense some of those airtime and rotation moments are going to be. I think everyone else understands.

Lol wat

dcs221 wrote:
Manic Monte, Goliath has 2 good elements? At the very least, I count a 180' near vertical first drop as a good element, a fast and strong airtime hill as a good element, and that inverted stall (plug, far as I know I did that first in NL1 a long time ago for Countach which you can find here) as good elements. The dive loop certainly looks solid, the ascent into the brakes I'm guessing has good air even if it is half a hill. The rest doesn't look bad too. I can see saying it's too short, but I don't think individual elements are low quality to the point of saying the ride only has 2 good ones.

Yeah looking back, my statement was kind of harsh. And Goliath doesn't really belong in this discussion anyway as it's a ground up wooden design. And i do like Goliath, I just really wanted to LOVE it.

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Best testing video yet, though it sounds way clunkier than other RMCs.

I mean... will you ever actually be in your seat for any of this ride (other than the lifts)?

And that "clunky" sound is very similar to Medusa, which is a good sign. Medusa was the first RMC that felt a bit still like a wooden coaster, which added to its intensity.

Less than 3 weeks!

Ugh epic

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!