Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Six Flags possibly to install Dive Machine???

Six Flags possibly to install Dive Machine???

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 29th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
There's no way SFMM is getting something like this.....in the near future.

We have our own problems over here in just the state alone, I think it's best that MM lets the other parks have this one. I mean they're getting a new coaster next year, and they just got a semi-family ride. I think there staying low from the majorly expensive rides and non-family rides for awhile. And besides, I doubt we have the money to think about a Dive Machine....but then again having no money hasn't stopped SF from doing things in the past.........so who really knows.
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post October 30th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
Originally posted by sapporo93

There's no way SFMM is getting something like this.....in the near future.

We have our own problems over here in just the state alone, I think it's best that MM lets the other parks have this one. I mean they're getting a new coaster next year, and they just got a semi-family ride. I think there staying low from the majorly expensive rides and non-family rides for awhile. And besides, I doubt we have the money to think about a Dive Machine....but then again having no money hasn't stopped SF from doing things in the past.........so who really knows.

I agree. It would be nice to see a dive machine at SFMM, because I have never ridden one, but I think SFMM needs to chill out with the big rides. Terminator was a big ride, and the way it rides is more family orientated than anything. I saw a lot of families going on it that could fit when I went [:)]

Post October 30th, 2009, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

The last thing SFMM needs is a coaster. They already have a B&M flyer that isn't a Superman clone, The only 4D coaster in North America, an awesome stand up, a GCI, a Floorless, an Arrow Suspended, and a Schwarzkopf. I say it would be a good idea to give it to SFSL, SFOG, SFOT, or SFNE.

Post October 30th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,400.00 Points
SFOG needs another big coaster since deja vu is gone. The other rides are just mid sized aging coasters.
Gimme a good coaster and nobody gets hurt.

Post October 30th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
That's really funny since SFOG has a 200 ft. B&M hyper...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post October 30th, 2009, 8:17 pm

one large ride among many mediocre ones. I think they deserve something seeing how they were underwater for 2 weeks also.

Post October 30th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,850.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterpimp

The last thing SFMM needs is a coaster. They already have a B&M flyer that isn't a Superman clone, The only 4D coaster in North America, an awesome stand up, a GCI, a Floorless, an Arrow Suspended, and a Schwarzkopf. I say it would be a good idea to give it to SFSL, SFOG, SFOT, or SFNE.

oh and an Intamin Launch (Superman) and a mega.(Goliath)
Dont buy starbucks coffee

its poison

Post October 30th, 2009, 8:33 pm

^Whoops, I meant to mention that one.

Originally posted by dah137

one large ride among many mediocre ones.

Georgia Scorcher, Batman, Mind bender, Georgia Cyclone, those are all mediocre?

Originally posted by dah137

I think they deserve something seeing how they were underwater for 2 weeks also.

I now reference to one of my favorite saying.

Excuses are like ass holes, everybody has one and they all stink.

Post October 30th, 2009, 8:45 pm

nice coasterpimp. that was amazing! lol

Post October 31st, 2009, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 63.00 Points
Its already been stated that magic mountain is getting a new ride next year

http://rcdb.com/4346.htm

Post October 31st, 2009, 11:39 pm

In all honesty, do you really think we didn't know that?!

[stoning]

Post November 1st, 2009, 4:49 pm

its gonna be a Junior or family coaster. Thats why Magic Mountain Dive machine would have to be at least 2011

Post November 1st, 2009, 4:52 pm

Or how about no Dive Machine for Magic Mountain. Like I said, SFSL, SFOG, SFOT, or SFNE are probably the one's that actually deserve it.

Post November 1st, 2009, 5:10 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

How about all sixflags get's one? that would be amazing
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 1st, 2009, 5:15 pm

^ That sounds nice, but forever a dream it will remain.

^^I don't think it's what park deserves the Dive Machine, but more of what park would take care of it and what park has the money to maintain it...which I can't say the other parks are able or aren't able, because I haven't been to them all.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 5:57 pm

I would say great adventure is a good bet for maintainance. As is SFOG and SFMM.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 7:09 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
God i hate six flags. they are nothing compared to CF
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I have enjoyed my visits to the four SF parks I have been to more than the three CF parks.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:34 pm

Originally posted by slosprint

They were better when Shapiro wasn't around. He just prefers to get into debt heavier. CF isn't that much better though.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:39 pm

Busch Parks are very well themed and maintained in comparison.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:41 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
In a company standpoint, CF is doing FAR better then SF. In a park standpoint, they are about equal.

However, at this time, SF wins for having more parks open. CF only has Knotts and CGA. Six Flags has SFFT, SFOT, SFMM, and SFOG just to name a few. This is the time for SF to out preform CF. Lets see if they can do it.

As for the diver....lets just wait until we have more concrete information on where its going and when its going, that is, if its going at all.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterpimp

Originally posted by slosprint

They were better when Shapiro wasn't around. He just prefers to get into debt heavier. CF isn't that much better though.

I have enjoyed the parks far more since Shiparo took over. The advertising is annoying but the parks are much cleaner, staff are more efficient and friendlier, and the atmosphere has been better.

Post November 4th, 2009, 1:26 am

^I'm pretty sure if you put CP over here in So. Cal that would all change in a heart beat. Yes we got a large population, and 3 parks pretty much famous and within reasonable distance from the mainland, but unfortunately, I hate to admit it, but Californians are mean and douches....................including me.

The staff at Knotts are old so you really can't be mean to them unless they're rude to you, and because it's small and doesn't have a confusing layout (MM with you numerous dead ends) it's easier to maintain, however when I went this past Spring Break it was so horrid. They had hired/promoted (w/e) a lot of younger people...but I don't feel like writing an essay on why Knotts should tell us they got whole mess-load of freshmen, and consider keeping the nice old/mid-ages funny men and women of the world, there.

I just hope they create a smart choice in this.

Post November 7th, 2009, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
New to these Forums...I personally think Gadv is the best fit park to get a DM. Us or SFOG.

Post November 7th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Well it seems right now that that is where it is going. Although I read earlier today that SFMM IS recieveing a new coaster in 2011, a unique coaster that will be situated on top of the mountain. More details later on... unless anyone knows more. As for the dive machine I haven't been able to find out much else so far.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions