Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Sky Rocket Review

Sky Rocket Review

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 29th, 2010, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,593.00 Points
Wow what a great day. I get to Kennywood at 8:30AM because I am a first rider and I leave the park at 10PM. Such a long day. I ended up riding Sky Rocket 11 times, Phantom's Revenge 5 times and other rides multiple times. Probably my best visit to Kennywood ever.

Now onto Sky Rocket. I am waiting to get on while the coaster is testing and I'm thinking it looks pretty cool . So I go to get on the ride and the first thing I notice is bad. Between the lap bar and the seat there is literally 6 inches of space. I am very small and I could barely fit through it. This ride isn't really made for fat people. My first ride is in the very back and there is not as much airtime as the front seat. Now the front seat is the way to go. The launch is very cool but not very forceful but the hill is amazing. In the front seat you fly out of your seat on the hill and then you pause on the way down because of the cliffhanger (Which I think is a good part of the ride). The zero-g-roll gets some good airtime same with the drop after the MCBR. After the corkscrew, the coaster gets a little boring. The surf curves are okay and the last two "airtime hills", you really don't get any airtime. I am glad to see no OSR despite of the two inversions. Overall the coaster is very smooth and I will give it a 7/10.

I took many pictures and I will be making a video tomorrow so I will post the link in this topic.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Post June 30th, 2010, 1:12 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Someone wanna link me to some pictures? There's nothing on RCDB, and I have no idea what this is, lol.

Post June 30th, 2010, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

It's basically Wicked at Lagoon with some tricktrack crap at the end.

Post June 30th, 2010, 8:56 am

I was so tired last night I didn't upload any pictures. I will do that today and post a link in this topic

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:46 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Wait... You think that space between you and your restraint is bad? /shun
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 30th, 2010, 10:04 am

GerstlCrazy:

I have pictures. Here is the link, the first 21 pictures are from yesterday

http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48 ... 120011.jpg[url][/url]

SlosprintL: Ya, there was barely any room to get through

Post June 30th, 2010, 10:32 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
oh, I thought you meant between you and the lapbar after it was closed.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 30th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Return to General Theme Park Discussions