Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions So Long, Mr. Six

So Long, Mr. Six

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,717.00 Points

From the Business Herald:

Say goodbye to that dancing creepshow named Mr. Six.

Daniel Snyder, owner of the Washington Redskins, is fixing to deep-six the strangeling octogenarian that for years now has served as the chief mascot and marketing engine for troubled Six Flags Inc.

Snyder, who took control of the theme park operator earlier this week, is planning to rebrand the Oklahoma company so it better appeals to children and families, the New York Post reported.

That means steering away from ??????thrill-seeking teenagers?????? and establishing partnerships with fast-food restaurants and cartoon studios, the Post said.

Branding experts say the odd-looking Mr. Six ?????? whose TV ads often featured him luring teens into a bus ?????? doesn??????t appeal well to parents, who have more money to spend at Six Flags parks than adolescents.

Snyder convinced shareholders to dump Six Flags CEO Kieran Burke and allow his investor group to take control of the company.

Is this the beginning of a kinder, gentler Six Flags?

R.I.P. Mr Six.[V]
Last edited by Jon Revelle on December 1st, 2005, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Hmmm. Interesting, but if they really work hard, Six Flags could improve their image. BTW, I wonder if Mr. Six's Pandemonium will have it's name changed.

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,717.00 Points

It probably will change to just Pandemonium and they'll chop off the Mr. Six part.

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,173.00 Points

Hmmm, maybe by branching out to restraunts Six Flags will get some real food in their parks...

As for Mr. Six well, he was a great advertising symbol, but we all knew it wouldn't last long.

Tycoonman
www.rctforums.forumwise.com

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

I just like the song in the commercials, not the creepy old guy.

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,539.00 Points
I hate that old man. Dont ask why but i just passionantly dislike him. Good news. [:D]

Post December 1st, 2005, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

doo do do doo doo do do doo do.......lol i was dancing to it when i went to sixflags.com.....Woodie Man, is i go in the spring i will see if the mr six logos on the acrs are there and if the cardboard mr six's fromt he top will be removed aswell

Post December 2nd, 2005, 5:00 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i really liked his dance and stuff, but do you trust your kids with a old dirty man in a 60ties van?

Post December 2nd, 2005, 9:43 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

When I heard this im like WTF Mr. Six is awsome!!! now that i heard they are changing to more of a family place they may take away somecoasters and add new crappy ones and can Snyder change the name of the company?
(Redskin Ville) LOL

Post December 2nd, 2005, 11:32 am

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

LOL^

Well if he's going to ruin Six Flags and put kiddy rides and stuff I'll be super pissed off. Six flags will be very boring and I'm 100% sure it will lure puny amount of guests. They should appeal to both families and teens. Without rollercoasters reaching heights of up 60+, a thrill park becomes boring. I've had adults ride rollercoasters, and I'm sure most of em are there because they want to have fun too, and not just take their kids to have fun. I, myself have seen kids want to ride rollercoasters, but couldn't because they are too short, and if they grow enough one day, they won't be able to ride the "rollercoasters" because the only coasters left are kiddies. My point is, to keep the coasters and parks the way they are, and just add general stuff like kiddy rides and coasters too!

Post December 2nd, 2005, 12:52 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by italianpnoy112

I, myself have seen kids want to ride rollercoasters, but couldn't because they are too short, and if they grow enough one day, they won't be able to ride the "rollercoasters" because the only coasters left are kiddies. My point is, to keep the coasters and parks the way they are, and just add general stuff like kiddy rides and coasters too!

Same goes for me too, It's really something sad to see when a kiddy thinks, wow that looks awesome. But eventually can't ride because it's too short. That is like killing the coasterfreak inside a young kiddy!

Post December 2nd, 2005, 12:56 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Originally posted by italianpnoy112

I, myself have seen kids want to ride rollercoasters, but couldn't because they are too short, and if they grow enough one day, they won't be able to ride the "rollercoasters" because the only coasters left are kiddies. My point is, to keep the coasters and parks the way they are, and just add general stuff like kiddy rides and coasters too!

Same goes for me too, It's really something sad to see when a kiddy thinks, wow that looks awesome. But eventually can't ride because it's too short. That is like killing the coasterfreak inside a young kiddy!

yeah...true...but after our toverland trip we found out kiddies can be fun too!, however....the thrill was hard to come by that day

Post December 2nd, 2005, 12:58 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

but after our toverland trip we found out kiddies can be fun too!

we found out? Let's change that to you found out. Since I knew already that kiddy rides are fun! [:D]

Post December 2nd, 2005, 1:07 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

but after our toverland trip we found out kiddies can be fun too!

we found out? Let's change that to you found out. Since I knew already that kiddy rides are fun! [:D]

whatever u want

Post December 2nd, 2005, 1:39 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

DUDES!!! whats wrong with you peole... do yuo acctualy think that they are going to remove all major thrill rides from every six flags park just so they can Disney-ize it and make it for little kids? NOOOO! they are going to keep all rides that are in the parks now... just add the new stuff around it... and if they do take out rides, it will be the old thrill rides... or the unreliable rides like CHAOS.

Daniel Snyder, That stupid son of a bitch is gonna turn every Six Flags into;

"A) Stadium
B) Parking Lot
C) Houses
D) Anything else he can make more money on.
E) A clone of never land ranch with no rides faster than 24 MPH or higher than 55 feet.

I dont think he realizes the fact that if he doesnt pull his head out of his ass soon hes gonna git ass raped by that rat with oversized ears."

don't know what your talking about... he knows this is an AMUSMENT PARK... he is going to keep it that way. not sell all the land off to make Houseing devlopment, or build a Stadium. Neverland Ranch??? c'mon, how dumb do you think this guy is! he is the one that is trying to get rid of movie piracy by releasing a movie in Theater, on DVD, and on PPV all at the same time... Dan knows what he is doing. and what ever he is doing... he is doing it seriously right.

i have cofidence in Dan to make the parks better, and i belive that he will make the marks more Family/young child friendly... But to take out Coaster... your a phsyco for thinking that. as for me going back to SF:NE, i won't go back untill i know the park is Clean and The Management doesn't try and screw me up the ass by makeing things outragously exspensive!

---Android---

Post December 2nd, 2005, 1:42 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Android

DUDES!!! whats wrong with you peole... do yuo acctualy think that they are going to remove all major thrill rides from every six flags park just so they can Disney-ize it and make it for little kids? NOOOO! they are going to keep all rides that are in the parks now... just add the new stuff around it... and if they do take out rides, it will be the old thrill rides... or the unreliable rides like CHAOS.

Daniel Snyder, That stupid son of a bitch is gonna turn every Six Flags into;

"A) Stadium
B) Parking Lot
C) Houses
D) Anything else he can make more money on.
E) A clone of never land ranch with no rides faster than 24 MPH or higher than 55 feet.

I dont think he realizes the fact that if he doesnt pull his head out of his ass soon hes gonna git ass raped by that rat with oversized ears."

don't know what your talking about... he knows this is an AMUSMENT PARK... he is going to keep it that way. not sell all the land off to make Houseing devlopment, or build a Stadium. Neverland Ranch??? c'mon, how dumb do you think this guy is! he is the one that is trying to get rid of movie piracy by releasing a movie in Theater, on DVD, and on PPV all at the same time... Dan knows what he is doing. and what ever he is doing... he is doing it seriously right.

i have cofidence in Dan to make the parks better, and i belive that he will make the marks more Family/young child friendly... But to take out Coaster... your a phsyco for thinking that. as for me going back to SF:NE, i won't go back untill i know the park is Clean and The Management doesn't try and screw me up the ass by makeing things outragously exspensive!

---Android---

no

i think there will be no NEW decent coasters, and once a coaster is too old, or being sold (that rhymes!) there will be a recemplacement of a kiddie coaster or ride

Post December 2nd, 2005, 2:02 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

Android, Synder's only goal is to make money,

and sixflags goal again was.....?

Post December 2nd, 2005, 7:20 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Android, Synder's only goal is to make money,

and sixflags goal again was.....?

SF goal is to make money, how ever they didnt use flagerent polictics to do so.

Yeah, you dumbass.[lol]

Post December 2nd, 2005, 8:32 pm

Points on hand: 5,173.00 Points

I don't think they will kill all the thrill rides, I just won't think we will see any of the worlds tallest coasters at Six Flags anymore. And you know, taller isn't always better. Maybe Six Flags will spend more time theming a smaller coaster/ride and still manage to keep it thrilling and entertaining. Just because it becomes more family oriented doesn't mean it will lose its thrill. Six Flags might get a better reputation with this man, but then, only time will tell

Tycoonman
www.rctforums.forumwise.com

Post December 3rd, 2005, 2:25 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post December 3rd, 2005, 3:21 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i just hope they keep spamming SFMM and GADV full of record braking thrills and theat CP will be compesating, cos in a matter of year we'll finally have enough money to trip to the US

Post December 3rd, 2005, 9:10 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Oh man, forgive me for yelling, but I'm getting really ticked off. THIS DAN SNOTTER IS THE WORST PERSON TO GET THE JOB! Taking away Mr. Six, I never heard of any negative impressions that Mr. Six gave on the parents. This is just pitiful. If Dan Snotter (I know it's Snyder, but this new last name IMO is more suiting for him) replaces the coasters or flat rides with kiddie rides, the sale will most likely plummet, and fast. He would have a better at succeeding at eating his own head, spitting it out and surviving than managing a chain of 30 parks! But if he actually does do a good job, I hope he would help the smaller, neglected parks coughSFDLcough get some new rides/record breakers instead of just MM and GADV.

Post December 3rd, 2005, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Android, Synder's only goal is to make money, he could care less about anything else other than that

Generaly when a company is hundreds of millions of dollars in debpt, making more by any means possible is usualy the best idea. Think of the days you used to play the original Rollercoaster Tycoons and you would go several thousnads dollars down, all you wanted to do was make more money to build bigger and better stuff. I dont know what everyone has against Snyder

Also, Mr Six was annoying as hell, good riddance

Post December 3rd, 2005, 9:43 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

doo do do doo doo do do doo doo....

a old man leering kids into a bus..ive heard parnets complain about it!

lol i just hope they dont ruin the parks...just give Sfft, sfdl, and sfeg a coaster!

Post December 3rd, 2005, 9:51 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

doo do do doo doo do do doo doo....

a old man leering kids into a bus..ive heard parnets complain about it!

lol i just hope they dont ruin the parks...just give Sfft, sfdl, and sfeg a coaster!

True that brother.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions