Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Sound - Is it possible?

Sound - Is it possible?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 20th, 2006, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 2,207.00 Points
Does anybody know if it possible to edit some of NL sound files for track so that you can enable the use of atmospheric music or ambient sounds at certain points on a coaster. I have an idea for a themed coaster that would really benefit from this extra atmosphere that sound would create. If not I guess it would make an excellent addition to NL in the near future.

Post April 20th, 2006, 12:15 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
dunno, it could be possible that someone who knows about coding and stuff could replace the station sound with something else, but applying it on other segments is going to be hard, easiest way is just ask ole to take it into consideration

Post April 20th, 2006, 12:26 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
A bunch of stuff is hard coded or at least encoded, and not in the usual formats. It's going to take a lot of hacking work to get through it. This isn't just limited to sounds, but a bunch of textures and models are coded like this too. You can however, do it on SM quite easily by replacing the .wav files, but be sure you don't lose the original ones.

Post April 20th, 2006, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Yeah, it'd be tough. I suppose if you wanted to sync a coaster with music or sound effects you could make the sound file and request whoever is riding it to use manual dispatch and dispatch once the file starts playing from the start.

Post April 20th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

ive try'ed, the sound files are so well encripted it would take years to disconnect the sound file and reroute it.
Making screams come true

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

First, learn to type English.

Secondly. "Disconnect the sound file"?

Stop talking rubbish, there probably encrypted with some nice and simple algorithim otherwise the Nolimits engine would use lots more resources than it does now.

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:53 pm

1 ive told you many times im dyslexic

2. what i mean by disconnect is try to take out the sound file without screwing everything else up. have you tryed it, when i do it the sim says when i start it, "file courrupt" so what i mean by disconnect is to take out the file with out damaging the no limits coding.

so dont try to get pmart ass on me especially when i try to put it in layman terms so everybody can understand it.

ass
Making screams come true

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Also...

Originally posted by Matt

Stop talking rubbish, there probably encrypted with some nice and simple algorithim

It's they're, not there, your sentence makes no sense. Ironic, that, don't you think?

Ragan...Real...can I join the spelling police?

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:48 pm

ok ive found the rout sound file and heres how its loaded, in simple terms.

the sound file is conected to the station segment which is part of the track network coding which is part of the bacic nl coding.

argo

you remove a file and you brak the code, nl dont work no more.

unless the coding is changed you cannot replace the sound file.
Making screams come true

Post April 21st, 2006, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

Yeah, it'd be tough. I suppose if you wanted to sync a coaster with music or sound effects you could make the sound file and request whoever is riding it to use manual dispatch and dispatch once the file starts playing from the start.

Or you could instruct the user to use the media player's keyboard shortcuts and play the music when the ride dispatches. So the best you can do for now is do just that, and instruct the user to set the sound file to repeat.

Post April 21st, 2006, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

It seems only right that Ole would have sounds be interchangeable in future versions of NL not only for our benefit, but for his benefit too. New sounds are probably high on the list of suggestions by now, so what would be easier than getting more and more sounds to put into the game than letting people put the sounds they want right into it?

Post April 21st, 2006, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Carlosio

Also...

Originally posted by Matt

Stop talking rubbish, there probably encrypted with some nice and simple algorithim

It's they're, not there, your sentence makes no sense. Ironic, that, don't you think?

Ragan...Real...can I join the spelling police?

Ragan and I will talk about it.

The sound cannot be changed - its all hardcoded. Get over it now.

Post April 21st, 2006, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
That is all i ask.

Btw, sorry for adding nothing productive to this topic. I shall try not to be so careless in the future.

Return to No Limits Coaster