Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Spanish Talk

Spanish Talk

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 6th, 2004, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

Hey, I was wondering why everybody is talking Spanish all of the sudden? Did I sleep for 20 years and wake up to a USA of Mexicans? If I didn't, why are y'all talking spanish?

Post April 6th, 2004, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

WWS was just asking if anyone here spoke spanish, and its obvious that a lot of people do

Post April 6th, 2004, 11:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

bunos dias, mi se llama Kyle. Mi muy enfuego. And I suk at Spanish, so I'll start talking spanglish

Post April 7th, 2004, 12:40 am

Points on hand: 2,167.00 Points

Post April 7th, 2004, 1:12 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

LOL...My I call myself......j/k:p:p

I'm not a native speaker but I took Spanish. I do plan on takin more spanish tho.

Post April 7th, 2004, 2:25 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I was tired of the fact that my roots are Mexican and know Spanish fluently and not be able to talk in Spanish in a site I created that has costed a money so I wanted to reach out and feel more at home here. I also prefer to write and talk in Spanish in person. I am proud of my Mexican heritage. Also, by the year 2050 according to statistics of healthy people 2010, the white people will become a minority and we know which one will be a majority. Anyway, not dissing nor disrespecting any ethnicities, I just want to feel more at home at my site. That is why I initiated the topic in the site.

Post April 7th, 2004, 10:03 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Ay, estamos hablando espanol ahora, es bien con mi.

Post April 7th, 2004, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
By the year 2050, "pure" hispanics will probably be a minority also. We have a global economy and global communication, and at least in America, more and more couples are biracial. I hope this eventually leads to a world without racism, although I do hope we find a better way to preserve or record the various cultures of the world, as they are quickly dying out or being watered down.
Just think, all our grandkids will speak Spanglish!
"Donde estan las hot b*tches y cold servecas?"[lol]

Post April 7th, 2004, 11:48 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

What defines a pure hispanic? A hispanic already is a minority, statistics show it is the minoriuty group that is coming up the fastest, both population and economy wise. True about couples about being biracial, heck I even date chicks out of my race. Kinda good to have a taste out of everything [lol] Also Spanish is becoming a rather widely used popular language. I wouldn't be suprised if one day in the near future it became a second official lingo. Spanglish rocks! Kind of funny to hear people talk it though.

Post April 7th, 2004, 3:00 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

[lol] @ Spanglish

Reminds me of the odd language people in french towns here in Canada speak. I like to call it "franglais" (anglais = english and francais = french) It's interesting, they are speaking english, then there are some odd french words thrown in, then it's suddenly french with the odd english word.

Since I can speak english and french, it doesn't bother me, but it confuses some people.

Just a note, don't start talking french to me now, I don't like speaking it, I just know it cuz I went to a french school for like 7 years.

Post April 7th, 2004, 5:18 pm

I don't know how to talk any foreign language. I will probably learn some next year. All I know is Hola, some colors, and how to count to ten.

Post April 7th, 2004, 8:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
nooo! sorry, but i just hate the sound of spanish... cant we all speak french, or german, or russian, or some sort of native american language? ooh! gaelic is cool sounding too!

Post April 7th, 2004, 10:07 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Spanish sounds good. No slurs in it unlike other languages which sound like slurs when speaking it. I understand and talk limited French and don't like it.

Post April 7th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Post April 8th, 2004, 12:02 am

i dont like french much either, but i just hate the sound of spanish... what do you mean by slurs wws? o well, i still think gaelic sounds cool. actually, the elvish language in lord of the rings blows all other languages away!

Post April 8th, 2004, 2:08 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I can't imagine why hispanic population is growing so fast, *cough* border hoppers *cough* j/k. Don't take any offense, friends made fun of that last year, and they were Mexicans.

Post April 8th, 2004, 10:12 am

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
WWS you should create "el foro de espa?????????ol" instead of just the topic. At the bottom of off-topic would be a logical place (the least coaster related) and I think it would go over quite well myself.

Just a thought [dorkhat]

Post April 8th, 2004, 3:32 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by thecool326

I can't imagine why hispanic population is growing so fast, *cough* border hoppers *cough* j/k. Don't take any offense, friends made fun of that last year, and they were Mexicans.

I had no opinion, I was born here, pops and mom crossed the river to come into the USA. I don't care what people say or think about me or my past. We all come here for one reason, the money that can be achieved here. Ask them why they are here and all of them that came from there will very likely tell you that. Also, Mexicans might be border hoppers, but the Euros back in the days were sea hoppers. People tend to forget that little fact. I don't get mad at the comment above, I get a chuckle at the ignorance of when the people that say that forget their roots and how their roots came here. Also, not all border hoppers come to bite off the welfare system, in fact, it's a low percentage. Most do come to actually work. And I have personally experienced this through my parents. I have seen them grow into the success that they are now. I'd be happy if I became as successful as my dad has become. He's a rather large idol of mine. Seeing how he came from a ranch without any money, literaly, and without an education, meaning did not complete elementary school. To see him go through hell here, to go through hunger, to be able to look poast it, struggle hard and achieved the great success he has achieved, both monetary and mentally.

Post April 8th, 2004, 3:39 pm

Post April 8th, 2004, 5:36 pm

here's my opinion on "border hoppers":

i think immigration is a good thing. just look at how much of a success the usa is because of things like the whole ellis island thing. if it werent for immigration, there wouldnt be anyone here at all! even the native americans migrated here during the last ice age. however, i dont like the problem with illegal immigrants. i think that if they want to be here so bad, that they should go through the immigration process. but on a whole, i like immigrants. along with their love for the usa, they also bring a little bit of culture from other parts of the world. if anything, i look at immigrants as a chance to learn more about humanity, instead of looking at them as a group of poor people who want our jobs.

Post April 8th, 2004, 5:53 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

A little fact on illegal immigration her ein Cali. Illegal immigrants are hired to work in the field here. There is an unwritten law that there shall be no round up at the fields when it is time to bring in the harvest, as who do you think works on the fields? And how much do you thik they pay them? Certainly not minimum wage, after harvest, the round ups start up again. If it was for illegal immigration, we'd prolly pay 2-4 times more for our groceries as then the farmers would have to pay more for their labor hands.

i think that if they want to be here so bad, that they should go through the immigration process.

Same stance on when USA took the land here on the west coast from Mexico through a bloody war. They decided to fight Mexico to take the land which had already been claimed.

Post April 8th, 2004, 5:56 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by rctycoon112

I applaud you and your family man

Thank you, I would disclose more info, but I don't want to show you all my deep personal life. Or I could, but that's another topic of discussion.

Post April 8th, 2004, 6:00 pm

I don't really care about border hoppers, but since 911 I don't like ppl from Iraq coming over here. I know some of them aren't bad, but it's just that posibility.

Post April 8th, 2004, 7:39 pm

I could have sworn that Iraq had NOTHING to do with 911 and that the people who did it were from Saudi Arabia....but i could be mistaken

Post April 8th, 2004, 8:13 pm

I know that they didn't cause it, but because of the war some of them are mad at USA.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion