Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Speed Monster Construction

Speed Monster Construction

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 11th, 2006, 11:05 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
As you see from the pics it has been a lot of snow in norway this winter. According to their website testing is schedulled to start in march. A friend of me that works there said that it was gonna take its first passengers in late march. The same person also said maybe he could take me on a tour inside the park, so I could see the ride from some different angles [:D]
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post March 27th, 2006, 6:37 am

Got a mail from Tusenfryd today about testing, and they said they where ready to test, but the weather conditions was making it difficult. It's snowing today. I realy hope they get some nice weather this week so they can start testing the ride. [:)]

Post April 10th, 2006, 11:22 am

http://tinyurl.com/lotc6 Testing pictures!

Post April 10th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I think this ride looks stunning. I really would love to ride it as it just seems it has the perfect amount of inversions and airtime.

Post April 10th, 2006, 3:51 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

the ride looks brilliant, the themeing on the cars however, I dunno, think it looks a bit childlike? [lol] I dunno, I guess it's alright actually. Didn't realise the trains wouldbe THAT small though, that gonna have great capacity that ride? [lol]

Post April 10th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
^^^ Good question!
Average duration, small car capacity.
And im pretty sure they wont be able to have the train out of the station until the 1st train completes the circuit or hits the brakes.
This is because there seems to be quite a few places in the track where the train could roll-back or get stuck.
For example in the bottom of the pretzel. Trains CAN get knocked back by wind or for various reason and the climb out of the pretzel is pretty steep.

Well thats my opinion. But i've still not reached the conclusion on if it will have monster capacity, or very little.
But think, its a fact Intamin Rockets have the best 'Capacity Per Hour' value excluding B+M Dive Machines.
So it cant be that bad.

Post April 21st, 2006, 10:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post April 21st, 2006, 10:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post April 21st, 2006, 11:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post April 22nd, 2006, 9:32 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

wow, Speed Monster looks like an amazing ride, and will no doubt have the most airtime on any rocket coaster. That camelback after the 180 looks as though it will give extreme ejector air.

Post April 22nd, 2006, 11:24 am

and I'm gonna ride it tomorrow[:D]

Post April 22nd, 2006, 2:31 pm

Post April 22nd, 2006, 3:20 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

that looked rather good I must say, although rocket coasters never disappoint [:D]

Post April 23rd, 2006, 12:48 pm

I think this is open now, topic moved to real coasters forum.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 1:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

man that thing is really smooth. anyone know what it uses to brake? I couldn't see anything.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 2:02 pm

Post April 23rd, 2006, 3:40 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
for some reason it looks like the pretzel roll is not vertically heartlined when seen from the launch track

Post April 23rd, 2006, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

It might not be totally Heartlined so to make it a little more exciting other then just smooth...

Post April 24th, 2006, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

http://nettv.aftenposten.no/player/player.php?id=604&category_id=5&bandwidth=25983111

The ride looks unbelievably smooth.
Unfortunately the Pretzel doesnt looks totally invert the rider up-side-down as on most modern inversions. (Skeikra + Black Mambas Immelman)

That doesnt dis-place the ride one bit and it looks one hell of an experiance!

Post April 25th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^It sure does. Right towards the end of the rotation you are most certainly past the 155 degrees of rotation and quite "up-side down" I must say.

Post April 25th, 2006, 8:49 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^^ Well, on shiekra I don't think it really would matter seeing as how the top of it is way the f**k up there to begin with. Anyways on an immelman, its best if the entrance to it has a whole bunch of g's and the top is really light on g's, and they you get pummled by a helix type thing afterwords.... like on DD:Fire and on Shiekra.(which is x10 better than Silver Bullet imo[lol])

Post April 25th, 2006, 9:17 pm

Silver Bullet doesnt have an Immelman though...

DD:Fires second helix isnt light on G's at the top! That entire thing is high on G's...the helix is just insane - my favourite coaster moment is that entire ride LOL.

Post April 25th, 2006, 9:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by hyyyper

for some reason it looks like the pretzel roll is not vertically heartlined when seen from the launch track

its not heartlined to a full extent. by that I mean, there's no need for full heartlining right there. I just got done making a pretzel and I used 0.4 heartline and it worked out perfectly with G's in check.

I'm so glad intamin heartlines only when and where needed.

Post April 25th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326

Shiekra.(which is x10 better than Silver Bullet imo[lol])

Agreed! lol.
-Tony.

Post April 26th, 2006, 1:10 am

Originally posted by SMer

Originally posted by hyyyper

its not heartlined to a full extent. by that I mean, there's no need for full heartlining right there. I just got done making a pretzel and I used 0.4 heartline and it worked out perfectly with G's in check.

I'm so glad intamin heartlines only when and where needed.

Lost my entire post...grr.

First, it is heartlined. Sorry to burst anyones bubble. Not sure why not heartlining is so appealing or makes a ride better somehow. But, heres proof:
Image Insert:
80.48 KB

Notice how the track heartlines to the right the entire width of the track. Of course, it doesnt have to line up perfectly because it exits pointed to the left which means that it will start turning in that direction lessening the effect of the heartline visually.

Secondly, a heartline can appear very gradual and thus not so heartlined or can appear very quick and as some may say, "very heartlined". Theres no such thing as very heartlined. Just heartlined, or, half heartlined which you can see on SROS @ SFNE though I tend to think alot of it is because of huge lead ins.

Which is my next point.

I can make a turn thats 100% heartlined appear not heartlined at all by giving it a huge lead in. Heres an example of a quick transition that appears "very heartlined"
Image Insert:
97.77 KB

Because of the small transition it seems quite drastic.

Heres an inbetween transition - not too short but not too long
http://www.rcdb.com/ig1565.htm?picture=25

You can see the track moving away for the heartline but its gradual. It starts just below half way down that hill.

Im very certain its heartlined. Its just a number of factors really make it seem, even from video that its not because its not displaying the typical traits.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions