Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Speed Monster Construction

Speed Monster Construction

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 10th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

back to the coaster...i think you should get some airtime on that hill and the immelman should be pretty cool...not a fan of the double corks

Post October 10th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
That peice could be the lead in to the drop. All depends on the next peice, it is a bit strange but sitting on its side doesnt help any.

I think its going to be another great rocket personally.

Post October 10th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I also think it will be great. Intamin Rockets are probably the best steel coasters being built today and this doesn't look disappointing in the least.

Post October 10th, 2005, 8:55 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ have you been on S:ROS NE? Just wondering how you would compare it to the rockets you've been on.

Post October 10th, 2005, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I haven't been on it, but assuming that it has the same feel and similar engineering to the SFA and SFDL versions, keeping in mind that it still probably has a lot more airtime than them, and a better layout, I don't think I would rate it quite as high as Storm Runner or even Xcelerator for that matter (the only two rockets I've been on). Of course, I would have still have to ride it first to say for sure.

Post October 11th, 2005, 5:32 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I think that piece of track is the twist in the immelman. That seems the only place that would fit

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
More track has arrived: http://english.rides.nl/attractie/fotos/1209

And even bether: new drawings released from the park. They show the trains, the lay out and how the pretzel loop will be. http://www.tusenfryd.no/?SectionId=563 press "tekniske skisser"

That pretzel loop is surely gonna be an awesome element. The strange thing is that the drawings only show one cork, while the park has advertised it as having four inversions. But I'm sure those hills can give some decent airtime. I can't wait for next year [:)]

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:28 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
whoa!, i really like to formula1 cars, hope they get a nice painjob/texture

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I think those cars look very good as well. Have a lot of people noticed that a lot of the rocket coasters have trains that are shaped like cars?

Xcelerator has 50's style trains and so does Rita.
TTD has dragster style trains.
Speed Monster will be getting formula 1 style trains.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

loving the pretzel didnt realize it was one just thought it was a hill that swooped down into an immelman
looks nice

Post October 22nd, 2005, 5:36 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Woodie Man

I think those cars look very good as well. Have a lot of people noticed that a lot of the rocket coasters have trains that are shaped like cars?

Xcelerator has 50's style trains and so does Rita.
TTD has dragster style trains.
Speed Monster will be getting formula 1 style trains.

they're not intamin's but some rock'n'rollercoaster also have 50ties cars

Post October 22nd, 2005, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

This coaster looks relly cool. I like the idea of f1 cars for a rocket coaster the only proulm the picters of the coaster din'nt show up for me so I din'nt get to see the f1 cars. I think that this coaster will be easy for someone to recerate in rct3 when wild comes out I say this becuse the strom runner has a loop and a corksew on it that is what I have herd on the rct3 atra forms. I think that this coaster will be fun to ride the only proulm I won'nt be going to the uk next year or any time soon so I wount be able to ride this coaster it looks like fun. I like how the coaster looks I like the corksews on this coaster I think that this will be the frist rocket coaster to have corksews on it.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 7:07 pm

^I do think that this is the first rocket to have corks on it, so that will give it some new credit. And congrats on 100 posts Chrisps.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

the layout looks intresting, its a shame its on the other side of the world ;)

Post October 23rd, 2005, 5:35 am

a shame? I think its great that we at this side of the pond finally start to get some great coasters. And now you have an even bether reason to travel to europe[:)]

and crisps: this coaster is in norway, not in the UK.

Post October 23rd, 2005, 7:23 am

According to a friend the fourth inversion is a barrel roll between the second and the third hill. Too bad we don't have any high-res pics. If it is true that would propably be an awesome element.

Post November 7th, 2005, 1:41 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Huge bump!

The ride is allmost finished like it looks now. Here is a picture:

Looking good! [pshades]

Post November 7th, 2005, 2:02 am

That was fast. Geez it's been only like 2 months since they announced it. Good job in getting the track up so fast.

Post November 7th, 2005, 2:19 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post November 7th, 2005, 8:57 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Its looking really good! I can't wait to see this thing in action!

Post November 7th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Fecking hell that looks nice. [:D] I have to get me a plane, and then get to Norway. THAT proves why the Intamin Rocket coasters are being so successful. Speed Monster looks amazing in that pic, and doesnt it seem like there hasnt been 1 disappointing rocket coaster yet? I mean, look at this:
Xcelerator: First one - HUGE hit
TTD: Tallest fastest coaster in the world
Storm runner: First rocket with inversions = nice
Rita: Awesome airtime, awesome launch, awesome turns, totally new for the UK
Kanonen: Crazily compact yet thrilling
Kingda Ka: New tallest fastest coaster in the world
Superman: Rita + Xcelerator have a baby
Project Stealth: Fastest coster in Europe, and the only coaster to top 200 foot in the UK for 11 years!
Speed Monster: Beautiful layout, with what looks like awesome airtime, and thrilling inversions.

I think every single person on this site who has ridden a rocket coaster loves them. They have fast acceleration (not as good as the S&S thrust air 2000s) but they also have the layout offering awesome thrills.

EDIT: Im interested to see next years golden ticket awards. Theres been alot of great coasters that have opened this year, some rockets among them. I think rita should definately get a place in there. [:D]

Post November 7th, 2005, 2:49 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by jpecool

Superman: Rita + Xcelerator have a baby

[lol]LMAO[lol]

Post November 7th, 2005, 3:07 pm

^ well its true [lol]

No, but dont you think, it looks like Rita with a top hat? And Xcelerator has the overbanked turns and stuff, they just fit right together and make superman.

Post November 7th, 2005, 3:40 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by jpecool

^ well its true [lol]

No, but dont you think, it looks like Rita with a top hat? And Xcelerator has the overbanked turns and stuff, they just fit right together and make superman.

i know you're right, and the connection was made long ago but the way to say it like xcel and rita had a rough night was hillarious[lol]

Post November 7th, 2005, 4:03 pm

Well thats me, halarious [lol] rita is actually rougher than she looks [;)] She throws you around everywhere, its awesome. Its just a shame its over so quick. [:(] lol.

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone else had seen this photo on RCDB?

Nice, again! [:D]

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions