Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SROS@SFNE again has an accident

SROS@SFNE again has an accident

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 9th, 2004, 4:26 am

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
if you havent already heard, SROS at SFNE has had yet another accident, a man was flung from his seat on the last turn before the brakes, intamin has closed all the SROS rides at the other two parks so they can replace the lab bars with bars more contoured to the human body, like TTD(thanks to IF397 for that info). the man was taken to the hospital were he was pronounced dead.
SFNE has had such bad luck with this ride, first the collision now a man being flung from it, i think this is really gonna hurt the rides fan club, i think the GP will get to scared to ride it anymore.
You can read more about the whole thing at www.screamscape.com

Post May 9th, 2004, 8:31 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

wouldnt put me off at all. I would still love to ride SROS and with the fact that people die on it will make it all the more exciting. Although i agree Intamin is having a very bad run latly which is a shame since they're such a good company. It does however seem that most of these incidents are caused by either rider stupidity or ride_ops not doing thier full duties and thus letting Intamin down...its a shame but but it was sure to happen and lets just be thankfull it wasnt some 10 yr old kid who died, then there would be public uproar etc.

Post May 12th, 2004, 6:55 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by lpth5

if you havent already heard, SROS at SFNE has had yet another accident, a man was flung from his seat on the last turn before the brakes, intamin has closed all the SROS rides at the other two parks so they can replace the lab bars with bars more contoured to the human body, like TTD(thanks to IF397 for that info). the man was taken to the hospital were he was pronounced dead.
SFNE has had such bad luck with this ride, first the collision now a man being flung from it, i think this is really gonna hurt the rides fan club, i think the GP will get to scared to ride it anymore.
You can read more about the whole thing at www.screamscape.com

where have you been, a topic about the same exact subjuct was posted the weekend it happened.

Post May 13th, 2004, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions