Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Summer 2006 Coaster Draft: Park Write-Ups

Summer 2006 Coaster Draft: Park Write-Ups

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 13th, 2006, 10:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

hmmm, lemme see what I want...

I need a Schwarzy, and a shuttle....so...

Bullet @ Flamingoland.

Operated 9/05, so it's still a legal pick :p.

Post August 14th, 2006, 12:40 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326

Just so you know, I've been told by many people that particular ride is not very good.[;)]

i'm not into woodies, but in the name of variation i'd thought i'd an S&S

btw, WoodieMan:
08/14/2006 : 9:32:07 PM

Post August 14th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post August 15th, 2006, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney World

Pad, 11:22pm 08/15/06

Post August 15th, 2006, 9:50 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

End of this draft, and so many well-known coasters left to pick... However, I want at least one "Hidden Gem" in my park.

Here it is: Jetline at Tivoli Gr?????????na Lund.

A classic powerful schwarzkopf non-looper with a very similar layout to BMRX, but a fair-atmospheric lake setting and a great modified first drop into a tunnel.

The second paragraph is a ride review: http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/vil ... main.shtml

I think we should definitely have 15 drafters again next time, it would actually be astonishing if there were 12 left in the end then. Seven is just... too few.

Post August 15th, 2006, 10:29 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^yes, but the lack of interest in the end of this draft will only increase when the draft will be longer...

Anyways, back to the draft, for the last time:

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

End of Round XII, End of the Drafting Rounds, soon Jim will put down a list of all coaster, from which the 72 hours of 'Descriptioning' will start. Click Here for the rules.

Short Summary:

From the 144 maxium coaster to be picked (no misses) only 97 have been picked. another 21 have been disqualified, which leaves 78 coasters left.
From the 12 drafters at the start BowserJoe was the first to be disqualified because of missing the first round, probably because of a ban. Pad took his place, but had a slighty disadvantage because of having 1 less coaster. Over the rounds, RRollergod, Hepta, Canadmos, Coolbeans and Dugie2007 were disqualified. Leaving only 7 of the 12 drafters in the end, the average coaster count per park is 11,1 , which means that only 6 coasters have been missed, 2 misses by bigboy_1234567 and SFMMhome, one miss for Jakizle and one 'miss' for Pad in the first round because of BowserJoe. hyyyper, WoodieMan and jimths08 have all 12 coasters.
The obvious most popular park in the world is Cedar Point, 7 coasters in the drafter's park stand in CP. 2nd place are Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday World and Busch Gardens Africa, with 3 coasters.

That kinda sums it all up, good luck writing the descriptions, and may the best drafter win.

Good Luck

Post August 15th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Okay, the draft is over and the standings are in. If you see a mistake, please tell me. Make sure to look over the list and see that all the coasters you picked are there. www.coastercravers.com/wws06draft.php

You have 72 hours (three days) from this post to get your park summaries, coaster shorts, coaster images, and one park image sent to me at jimmy@coastercravers.com Images must be no wider than 550 pixels. Be sure to read the rules linked above in hyyypers post to see your park and coaster description limits.

Post August 15th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Post August 15th, 2006, 12:46 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^^and Ride of Prey, should be Timberhawk: Ride of Prey, just for the record [;)]

Post August 16th, 2006, 8:58 am
Pad

So we can just type any kind of park description, not the two special things/sponsor this time? Only thing obligatory is the park location picture?

Post August 16th, 2006, 9:12 am

Yea, it's basically whatever you want it to be. bigboy and hyyyper, I fixed your picks.

Post August 16th, 2006, 9:54 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Pad

So we can just type any kind of park description, not the two special things/sponsor this time? Only thing obligatory is the park location picture?

location? i thought we didn't have to pick a location?

Post August 16th, 2006, 10:07 am

Post August 18th, 2006, 12:46 am

Be sure to send in your write-ups. I've only got two of them so far!

Post August 18th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Pad

Sent mine a few minutes ago.

EDIT: This cannot be... a couple hours late... I've always thought the deadline was tomorrow [xx(]

Please still accept my description jim. You owe me that as you forgot to add my park to the voting last time (when I sent it in time).

Post August 19th, 2006, 2:38 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^you had three whole days and still late?, well, you had basically the whole draft to write up the things, don't you think it's a little of your own fault to?

Post August 19th, 2006, 3:09 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Is anybody else here getting WAYYY to sick of Hyyyper being Jim's little girlscout-bitch-asskisser-homolover...?

Post August 19th, 2006, 3:24 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

?????????s anybody getting sick of someone allways complaining about the posts you make..?

Post August 19th, 2006, 4:42 am
Pad

Originally posted by hyyyper

^you had three whole days and still late?, well, you had basically the whole draft to write up the things, don't you think it's a little of your own fault to?

I used all of the spare time I could get in these three days (which wasn't much, I have a life) to think of descriptions and find the best pics.

I know it's 100% my own fault, as it was 100% jim's in the last draft. And as he can't undo forgetting my park last time, I thought it'd just be fair if he'll take the description this time, so we would be even. [approve]

How did I know it would be hyyyper to respond, even if my post was purely adressed to jim. What do you think, jim?

Post August 19th, 2006, 5:22 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

if the message was purely adressed to jim, you might as well send him a pm or a mail, if you post it here, is it my bad to respond?

anyways, although it is your own fault, i do hope jim still accepts the descriptions, otherwise it will be another one down the drain, and we'll be ending up with a 50% of DQ's..[:(]

and i don't get that last sentence, what do you mean with that?

Post August 19th, 2006, 6:45 am
Pad

^No, it's not your bad to respond. I just knew you would do it. [;)]

The last sentence means that I'm waiting for jims decision.

What say you, Jim?

Post August 21st, 2006, 11:28 pm

Sorry guys. Tis been crazy around here. A couple close deaths in the last week. I've got the images saved to my computer. Honestly, I'm taking submissions at any time. I'll be honest and tell you I haven't even gotten around to doing mine yet.

For those of you who wanted me to underline or bold your text, I'm sorry. Each park will have the same layout and design as the last. The only change will be wording and images.

I WILL have the page up within the week, just give me a couple days to sit down and find time.

Pad, you're off the hook. hyyyper, suck my red white and blue dick.

Post August 22nd, 2006, 1:45 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

hyyyper, suck my red white and blue dick.

er...wtf? how about no

Post August 22nd, 2006, 2:10 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
He had to think about it for a while, then finally concluded no...

Post September 14th, 2006, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Dang, it sucks that I couldn't make all my picks. I had a fun park in the works.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions