Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Superman el ?????ltimo Escape!!!??

Superman el ?????ltimo Escape!!!??

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 26th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I just thought this was really good for a morgan coaster. Or at least the best looking in my opinion. Check it out;

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2829.htm

And why does morgan only have 9 coasters. They arent that bad.
They might look boring, but they feel very different from other types!!!!
Last edited by Canadmos on September 27th, 2007, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 26th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Nobody really wants to buy a Morgan coaster. They're probably rather have B&M's.

Post September 26th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Wild Thing is awesome.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post September 26th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

The trains are really ugly imo. At least on the track anyways, they seem really out of place.

I doubt many more Morgan coasters will be installed because of their wheel derailment issues.

Post September 26th, 2007, 8:26 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
And they aren't too great lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 26th, 2007, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
IMO, the cars are ill-proportional to the track size; they stick out hugely and are just too big. Actually, this could be related in some way to the track derailment issues they have been having.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post September 26th, 2007, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Some of their ride designs are not bad... but this picture drives me insane. The supports suck!!!
http://www.rcdb.com/ig532.htm?picture=6
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post September 26th, 2007, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
How so?
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post September 27th, 2007, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Morgan doesn't appear to have a definitive method for supporting their coasters. I thought it was really weird how many supports they put on Wild Thing when I was at Valleyfair. Here, take a look:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig137.htm?picture=7

They probably could have held that track up with 2/3s or 1/2 that much. I liked Wild Thing. It had great air time, and it bottomed out pretty well. So much better than Arrow hypers, which are the most comparable thing to Morgan?????????s.

Wild Thing is so much better than Magnum. I agree that most companies probably will not buy Morgan if they can buy something with a more recognizable name. The coaster community has really moved on from that kind of coaster. Arrow hypers are glorified mine trains that have been pushed too far, and Morgan is just an improvement upon that design. I'm not saying that Morgan builds bad coasters, it's just that today parks have some better options available if they're looking to add some big capitol. While I did enjoy Wild Thing, I've enjoyed B&M and Intamin hypers more. Also, when a park builds something from one of those companies it really draws a crowd. From what I can tell, there currently are no Morgan coasters under construction. The world's just moving on is all.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out a way to coaster trip to Six Flags Mexico and ride Superman el Ultimo Escape, and the first(maybe, it's not certain) Vekoma Boomerang . . .

Oh, hey, look it's my first post.

Post September 27th, 2007, 6:57 am

Points on hand: 107.00 Points
I rode Wild Thing and Mamba a month ago and I have to say that I enjoyed both rides. I don't think that they have airtime it's more like floaters . It's fun but Intamin's are way better. B&M's have slightly more powerful airtimes but those damn Trim brakes kill all the airtimes (I only rode Raging Bull and Silverstar)

The problem of Morgan is the weakness of their track structure, that must be the reason to the over supported look.
Moreover lateral wheels don't touch both rails at the same time, there is an empty spot in between the rail and the wheel, here is a photo that I took:

I heard Phantom's Revenge is full of ejector and really good.

I think Morgan stayed too "old school" and now they are history. If they don't innovate they're dead.

Post September 27th, 2007, 8:25 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
You ride in the back of Wild Thing? I call THAT some of the most incredible force airtime there is over the first drop[;)]
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post September 27th, 2007, 8:40 am

Points on hand: 107.00 Points
Well we didn't ride the same coaster I think.lol Cause it was "fun" but nothing like "the most incredible force airtime". Nothing like EGF or Maverick, THAT is Airtime!
And yes I rode it in the back...

Return to General Theme Park Discussions