Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Terrible rides you made when you were a n00b at No Limits

Terrible rides you made when you were a n00b at No Limits

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
What are some truly terrible rides you made when you were inexperienced at No Limits? If you can't post a picture/video/download link, then just describe it.
Some I've made:
The aptly named Bone Grinder.
It was supposedly a Steel Hawg inspired ride.
Turns that would make Chinese knock off coasters feel B&M smooth. Actually that would apply to the rest of the ride.
The Extreminator. Hello vastly under-supported top hat.
That was supposed to be a slalom, but I guess it was welded improperly.
Compared to this, the average RCT inspired Chinese coaster looks Newtony.
I believe so.
WARNING: If you're easily prone to eye cancer, you might want to stop reading now.
Steel Labyrinth, one of my worst designs ever.
The end brakes are way up high and the friction wheels slowly lower the car to the station.
I've made more than these, but many of them have either been deleted or overwritten with something better.

Post January 6th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Man, I uploaded mine. I labeled in the description that it was my first ride
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 6th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
I actually want download links to the first and third coasts in the top post. Looks interesting.
You expecting something not being here?

Post January 6th, 2013, 6:17 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points

Post January 6th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Not as bad as some of these but this is really pumpy compared to my later ride and it was my first upload. Its from like 7 years ago.
http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/10508

Post January 7th, 2013, 11:14 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I'm not entirely sure why you're considering those designs, at least the first and third, "terrble." The compact nature of the layouts is really cool and most of the time hard to achieve. Even though they may not be realistic, it's still quite impressive, and pleasing to look at. It reminds me of six or seven years ago when it was okay to create fantasy coasters as long as they were bada$$.

Post January 7th, 2013, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Even with modern NL tools, I've still never managed to create any decently realistic track. Not deterred by this, I still stick to one "rule" when uploading: make it interesting, fun, and worth downloading if only for entertainment value. While those lightly themed, very well built Newton Intamins are great, I'd think the track exchange enjoys a break from that once in a while.

Most of my earliest tracks are still here on my profile (I even fixed the ones that linked to CoasterCandy), but I have quite a few that, even when I was 14, I new I shouldn't have uploaded so I never did. Will edit in sreenshots/files/video when I get on my computer.

Edit: Here they are.

September 2004: This is the result of when I discovered the space environment for the first time and thought it was the most awesome thing ever.
1098.54 KB

2004-2005?: First terrain track. Abysmally terrible trackwork not easy to see (or visible at all) from here. Environment was light fog, originally, before I adapted it to the one from Santa's Sleigh Ride later on. (Which is the only copy of it I have, apparently.)
911.74 KB

February 2005: I almost released this track, and this was the final screenshot for it. The simpler cartextures back then allowed me to do the stuff I did in paint. I used Object Creator and anim8or, as well as basic Photoshop functionality for everything else. You may see this again in a future release of mine, as a bonus. =p
524.14 KB

Post January 7th, 2013, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I still create terrible coasters when I have nothing else to do, in fact most of my NL files are silly stuff I would never upload
What are these for?

Post January 7th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Originally posted by tiepilot35

I'm not entirely sure why you're considering those designs, at least the first and third, "terrble." The compact nature of the layouts is really cool and most of the time hard to achieve. Even though they may not be realistic, it's still quite impressive, and pleasing to look at.

Talking to me, right? They're ugly, lazy, pull uncomfortable if not deadly G's, and send riders right through some of the supports. I do agree that the compact nature may be interesting to look at, but I don't like the colors or the uncomfy G's.

Post January 7th, 2013, 4:17 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
My first two uploads to this site were pretty terrible.

I think you're third ride SkyArrow would be pretty hilarious to ride :D:D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 8th, 2013, 12:07 am

Originally posted by coasteragent99
February 2005: I almost released this track, and this was the final screenshot for it. The simpler cartextures back then allowed me to do the stuff I did in paint. I used Object Creator and anim8or, as well as basic Photoshop functionality for everything else. You may see this again in a future release of mine, as a bonus. =p
524.14 KB

Seriously, that looks awesome [8D]

Post January 8th, 2013, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 943.00 Points
Is there really a thread for this? I think that we all did this at one point or another:

1. create station.
2. change to lift segment cursor.
3. spam click everywhere and cover the whole screen with little blue dots(or the insert element tab).
4. change lift settings to 100 mph.
5. C key.
6. Run simulator.
7. Masterpiece.

Post January 8th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by 4dfan

Is there really a thread for this? I think that we all did this at one point or another:

1. create station.
2. change to lift segment cursor.
3. spam click everywhere and cover the whole screen with little blue dots(or the insert element tab).
4. change lift settings to 100 mph.
5. C key.
6. Run simulator.
7. Masterpiece.

I was already a year into the program when I learned about the "C" key shortcut [sillyme]
You expecting something not being here?

Post January 8th, 2013, 6:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I don't have any pictures but some of the earlier ones were just.....wow.

I tried to make Olympia Looping and Jubilee Odyssey-like rides a ton and i don't know why lol. No pics unfortunately, as they were years ago
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 8th, 2013, 10:25 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i got no limits immediately after 1.3 came out. i downloaded the terraformer and would make wild wooden all over the place tracks and then generate the terrain and cut track path.. then add 500 trees at a time.. that was a couple years before i started posting here, but the first few i posted here weren't all that hot. this seemed awesome at the time, i even got a medal! lol http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/5052

Post January 8th, 2013, 10:57 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
Originally posted by Yaminub

I was already a year into the program when I learned about the "C" key shortcut [sillyme]

I've been using it for 4 years and didn't know about it until that post.

Post January 9th, 2013, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points
My First Track??????????????????Yes??????????????????First Track After I got NL

Image Insert:
163.86 KB

My First??????????????????Realistic??????????????????Coaster

Image Insert:
132.52 KB

Post January 9th, 2013, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
@Coasteragent99, Can I have the full trackpack of the mariokert coaster? I cannot send you a PM so I have to ask here. You have no PM option avalble.

Post January 10th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points
My First Coaster. I was at a poopty motel and they had a messed up old coin operated hair dryer in the bathroom. The name Vidal Sassoon was on the machine and from there I created this.

Vidal Sassoon was a professional hair dresser (He was a man) So I wanted to make the most flamboyant ride in his honor.
So here it is.

Image Insert:
28.41 KB

Image Insert:
132.97 KB

Image Insert:
121.5 KB

Image Insert:
108.5 KB

Image Insert:
146.48 KB

Image Insert:
132.64 KB

Well...Even if these images do not work you can find them all at the download link.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/GkEso0jt/Sassoon_Experience.html?
YES!

Post January 10th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by cool5

@Coasteragent99, Can I have the full trackpack of the mariokert coaster? I cannot send you a PM so I have to ask here. You have no PM option avalble.

Originally posted by coasteragent99
You may see this again in a future release of mine, as a bonus. =p

i.e. The track remains as is: unreleased. (Although if enough people want it, I may end up posting it.)

Post January 11th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster