Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Tester Needed

Tester Needed

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 28th, 2005, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2005, 2:40 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Well, I have to say this is one of the most creative shuttle coasters I've ever seen, and definitely worth finishing. Like you said, some of the transitions are a bit quick, but the only ones that I think are really a problem is one straight after the booster lim section, and the one after that. It's probably because of the increased speed, but they pull around 0.8g lateral, which is a bit much for a transition. Also, I thought the speed over the loop on the return journey was far too slow, maybe decrease the deceleration setting on the second set of lims. There are several e-top problems, but I'm not sure there's anything you can do about that. This is just an idea of mine, but imo a holding brake on the vertical spike would really add to the ride, you know, just to build up the suspense before the drop.
A very inventive ride here, and like I said I?????????d really love to see this finished off.

Post October 29th, 2005, 9:03 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

^Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I think I will have to work on those transitions right after the boost a bit more. I'm also not sure why the deceleration setting was checked for the second lim, but it should have just let the train go through at full speed on the return trip.
Thanks for the idea about the holding brake, I will have to try that out.
Do you think the zero-g roll works or do you think I should just keep it as an airtime hill?

Jakizle, track has been sent to your address.

Post October 29th, 2005, 9:44 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2005, 9:49 am

Post October 29th, 2005, 10:01 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

It's a good track man. The transitions after the booster lims are a big problem as tehy are Way too quick, and they jerk you around. It could be sped up a little bit on the return run, so it wouldn't be so slow in the loop. I like the holding brake idea and that could also serve as a device to make the return run faster. The rest of the ride is good, and I like the layout.

Post October 29th, 2005, 10:26 am

Thanks for the comments!
Just curious, what is the speed of the train a the top of the loop on the return run? On the current track I have in the front car (back car on return run) the speed is 33mph (1.3g) at the top of the loop.

Post October 29th, 2005, 10:46 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

I the version you gave me it only goes 19 mph (0.0g).
BTW, I think the zero-g roll works very well. You expect a simple lead out, but instead you get twisted upside down, and I just love the way it's the opposite of what I expected. It is a bit sudden, though, and it probably could use slightly gentler banking to reduce the lats.

Post October 29th, 2005, 11:04 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Ok, This coaster is tottaly original and has alot of potential, so i say you finish. Supports on this coaster IMO would look great. Like every other tester has said, the transitions need a little work. Maybe just " stretching them out would create a nicer flow to the ride. I thought the turn to loop, second turn after second launch, and g-roll need the only work. Those two turns felt a little awkard, but could be fixed quite easily IMO. The last thing is, I thought the speed was a little too fast considering the zero g was pretty flat. It was smooth, but speed;s just my opinion. Overall, a nice coaster that could be Awesome. Thanks for letting me ride, Jake G.

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area