Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The offical B&M vs. Intamin thread!

The offical B&M vs. Intamin thread!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 16th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
Here is a topic in which you can debate which coaster manufacturer is more superior!

Post July 16th, 2008, 9:28 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
i will post an answer to this in a couple of days, im going to sfne on saturday and will ride my very first intamin. i will tell you then.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post July 16th, 2008, 9:46 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
They're both excellent.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 17th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,620.00 Points
Beemers are obviously much easier to maintain. But Intamins just have this unorthodox beauty to them.

Post July 17th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
i love the way the track looks on Intamin coasters, but B&M make some truly amazing coasters, very difficult to decide so I'm gonna say it's a dead heat because i love 'em both.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post July 17th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I personally like Intamin better, but B&M is very close.

Post July 17th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Intamin makes Hypers better.

B&M makes Multi-Loopers MUCH better (well, they did).

Post July 17th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post July 17th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I've never been on an intamin before, but from the vids, pics and various recreations, I've come to a conclusion:
It's a tie!

Intamin is better at making crazy airtime machines, while B&M makes better loopers. Period.

Post July 17th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

For me, Intamin wins, because they are willing to push the limits.

Intamin hypers > B&M Hypers.
Maverick > B&M Loopers.

Post July 17th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Intamin all the way, but don't get me wrong, i absolutely love b&m. but I've only ridden like 3 b&m coasters...

Post July 17th, 2008, 5:57 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Post July 17th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Post July 17th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

For me, It's B&M. Don't get me wrong... I love Intamin; Superman at SFNE, Millennium Force, El Toro; they've made some great rides.

For me, though, the consistent excellence that is exhibited by B&Ms is unsurpassed in the coaster world. They have been doing it so well for so long, and I have, without exception, loved every B&M I have been on.

Post July 17th, 2008, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
I like Intamin. Their lack of fear to push the boundaries of what is considered sane and their butter-smoothness is just great. The track always looks beautiful, and how can you not love the launch. And Intamins look hot in the NL editor. :)

B&M is good too, but it always seems that they go too conservative. Over trimming rides and lack of ejector air is a turn off. However, their inverts and looping rides are great. Also, they just feel so graceful, especially their dive loops.

They are both great, but I have to go with Intamin in the end.

Post July 18th, 2008, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

As most would guess i go with b&m. Intamin is a greatdesigner don't get me wrong but like with mantis at cp when your on the first drop the force, for me at least, is great like the sorta crushing going to embed you in your seat kinda thing. When I rode mf at the bottom of the first drop it didn't feel forceful. I love both of them but will always be a b&m fanboy.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post July 18th, 2008, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

^you must be a masochist because Mantis is probably the most uncomfortable ride I've ever ridden that was supposed to be comfortable. It's one thing to ride a really rough wood coaster, but there's something so horribly wrong about an uncomfortable B&M.

I have to go with Intamin overall because, like many have said, they push the envelope in the mainstream sense. They also get a big plus for making so many custom rides. If you like B&M because they make the same ride multiple times, well... I won't judge, but that's just strange. In terms of hypers go, I gotta give it to B&M. I don't know why I like the more comfortable hyper coasters better, but I just do. I think it's something to do with how the seats are tilted back and the restraints are so comfortable. That sensation just gets me every time.

Post July 18th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Originally posted by SMer

In terms of hypers go, I gotta give it to B&M. I don't know why I like the more comfortable hyper coasters better, but I just do. I think it's something to do with how the seats are tilted back and the restraints are so comfortable. That sensation just gets me every time.

Have you ever ridden Millinneum Force, because the restraints are very comfortable, and the ride is silky-smooth. I'm not questioning your opinion, I just didn't know whether or not you were calling intamins uncomfortable.

Post July 19th, 2008, 6:34 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post July 19th, 2008, 6:51 am

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Giovanola. [lol]

Nah. Choosing between Intamin and B&M is like choosing between cars and girls. We need both of them.

Post August 2nd, 2008, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,334.00 Points
B&M's are great....for the first fifty times. At least Intamin makes new designs every time. They are also better innovators. Some of the greatest advances in roller coaster technology have come from Intamin. Also, if you look at the annual steel roller coaster poll, Intamin usually takes most of the top ten.
Oh and "B and M", how dare you compare Mantis to Millennium Force. That's like comparing a Porsche to....something that hurts a lot and gives you headaches.

Post August 2nd, 2008, 10:47 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
ok, i went on my first intamin, and i would have to say that they are my favorite. I love them. My first was superman @ SFNE, and that was just so fantastic. I loved the insecurity that you feel in the cars, like your going to fly out of the car at any given time and i love the airtime, and the speed. They are fantastic builders, for sure my favorite.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post August 2nd, 2008, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I've been on quite a few of both designers' coasters, and I must go with Intamin but a very, very small margin.

I love thrill machines, which is clearly Intamin. B&M makes AMAZING coasters (Griffon, Behemoth, Dueling Dragons) but no matter what their concept is, the rides just end up being chill and fun instead of thrilling and crazy. Plus, like drummerkid said, El Toro.

Post August 2nd, 2008, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by SMer

^you must be a masochist because Mantis is probably the most uncomfortable ride I've ever ridden that was supposed to be comfortable. It's one thing to ride a really rough wood coaster, but there's something so horribly wrong about an uncomfortable B&M.

I have to go with Intamin overall because, like many have said, they push the envelope in the mainstream sense. They also get a big plus for making so many custom rides. If you like B&M because they make the same ride multiple times, well... I won't judge, but that's just strange. In terms of hypers go, I gotta give it to B&M. I don't know why I like the more comfortable hyper coasters better, but I just do. I think it's something to do with how the seats are tilted back and the restraints are so comfortable. That sensation just gets me every time.

Well i rode front row and besides the corkscrew it was a very comfortable ride. I have herd standups are very uncomfortable for alot of people. When i got on i pushed the seat one notch down from where it was suppost to be. Like i was standing up and all but the seat wasn't riding up on me. The whole ride i never actually touched the seat. That maybe why i find it fun because everyone else had there seats riding up into there crotch and i didn't.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions