Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The Ultimate b+m coaster

The Ultimate b+m coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
for this quesion u can interperate 2 different ideas from b+m that u think would kick ass in the future..... mine would be a stand up dive machine with inversions that would be awesome[8D][8D][8D][8D].

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Although Stand-Up dive machine has been said many times before, i think it'd make a pretty sweet ride if done well. However i'd expect it to be pretty painful, maybe even a floorless dive machine would be quite fun. If think there main ride with so much potential is the Flying Coaster imo. If worked into a good design with terrian, i could see it being a really good ride

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:36 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,224.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Stand-up inverted I think would be insane, thinking about how forceful most of the B&M inverted coasters are, you'd have to have a little bit of platform or somehting that came off the underside of where the seats are, just enough for you to stand on, and your feet would probably have to be clipped in like on the Flying Coasters. Yeah, B&M Inverted Stand-Up [:)]

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:37 pm

i suppose he stand up DM might be painful but hey i like it rough

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:37 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
stand up flying, stand up 4d sounds also pretty extreme [:)]

And when not talking about b&m's or coasters: a 4D Shot 'n drop. So actually the ability to tilt upside down on a shot 'n drop tower.

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:47 pm

i dont see how a stand up flying can ork hmmmmmmm can u explain

Post August 17th, 2005, 2:28 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

How about a flying hypercoaster? When I dream of flying, it's always about soaring at high speeds and being weightless, not doing all of those turns and inversions. A flying hyoercoaster would be a truly authentic experience.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

id say either a flying with the trians run backwards, or a flying with some sort of vertical launch, so the launch would feel like a power tower launch.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I like B&Ms just how they are. To be honest, I think a lot of these wishful ideas kind of take away the feel of a coaster, and if they were done it would seem to me like the coaster world has turned into some fantasy land or something. I'd prefer to stick with basic and realistic designs.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
I just wish B&M started building rides the way the used too, up till '97 or so. Ya know, back before they overengineering all the excitement out.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

oh, another idea, btw im not obsessed with flying coasters or anything, theres just alot to do with them, but for my other idea, flying dive machine with trains run backwards, the vertical drop and the lift would have to be on your back unless theres a fly-to-lie right after the lift, but it would be like combining a drop ride with a rollersoaster.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:28 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Intaminfan, So you're a sheep that likes to follow what other people do, thats fair enough. But I think you'll find that pretty much all coasters wouldn't exist if everyone went "I'd prefer to stick with basic and realistic designs." Its because people want to push the boundaries of what is realistic, that what we have today is realistic. I bet if you'd said to someone in the 70's, "oh in the year 2005 we have a coaster that can spin all the seats independantly 360 degrees head over heals", they would have just thought you was nuts. What might not seem realistic now, may very well be the "basics" in the future. If you don't explore you'll never find out. I believe the question was "interperate 2 different ideas from b+m that u think would kick ass in the future" (although I guess he meant incorporate.), not "how down to earth and boring are you" [lol]. I'm not saying you're boring or anything, I just thought that sounded quite funny, so I put it [lol]

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Tyler

I just wish B&M started building rides the way the used too, up till '97 or so. Ya know, back before they overengineering all the excitement out.

I don't really think they started designing their coasters to be less intense until very recently. Coasters like Silver Bullet and Hydra prove that B&M no longer does the lightning quick pacing mostly all of their coasters prior to those had.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:32 pm

Originally posted by gouldy

Intaminfan, So you're a sheep that likes to follow what other people do, thats fair enough. But I think you'll find that pretty much all coasters wouldn't exist if everyone went "I'd prefer to stick with basic and realistic designs." Its because people want to push the boundaries of what is realistic, that what we have today is realistic. I bet if you'd said to someone in the 70's, "oh in the year 2005 we have a coaster that can spin all the seats independantly 360 degrees head over heals", they would have just thought you was nuts. What might not seem realistic now, may very well be the "basics" in the future. If you don't explore you'll never find out. I believe the question was "interperate 2 different ideas from b+m that u think would kick ass in the future" (although I guess he meant incorporate.), not "how down to earth and boring are you" [lol]. I'm not saying you're boring or anything, I just thought that sounded quite funny, so I put it [lol]

I think these new ideas would just take the fun OUT of riding coasters. I know you don't like wooden coasters, but back when every coaster made was a simple wooden sitdown coaster, designers relied on making a magnificent layout rather than new track styles. The brilliance in coaster designing has been lost and replaced with thinking up new, ridiculous ideas.

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:37 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I believe not, someone had to come up with those "ridiculous" ideas didn't they? How does that differ from making a really great new layout? I don't think it does. And the possiblities for designing a layout for one coaster type may be extremely varied but are certainly not endless, they are limited by things such as cost and size. Its problems like that, that these "ridiculous" ideas can work around. You can have something which provides a massive thrill, in a relatviely small space ..... I'm not going to say for a small cost but whatever [lol]

I do know where you are coming from, and to a certain extent, I do agree, however there comes a point where you know, not everyone wants to ride the same old thing, people want somethine completely new a different, something that does spin you round in your seat as you fly along the track, and that is where these "ridiculous" ideas come in.

BTW, you're wrong about me not liking woodies, I love all coasters, I just love some more than others [lol]

Post August 17th, 2005, 3:47 pm

With these new ideas though, the designers never pay attention to the layout. If the layouts had thought put into them, I wouldn't hate these types of coasters so much.

I think you and I just value different things in coasters. You value a lot of original ideas and new styles of coasters, and I value a very well designed layout, not caring at all how basic the coaster style is.

Post August 17th, 2005, 4:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Actually I love it all, not matter how basic or futuristic, they all provide a thrill of their own (even the SLC's) and even if a ride is infact totally crap, then it just becomes a laugh and you can laugh about how bad it was, or rough it was or whatever. Every coaster has something unique about it, its the only thing they all have in common [lol].

Post August 17th, 2005, 4:49 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by english coaster guy

i dont see how a stand up flying can ork hmmmmmmm can u explain

like superman, if your in a flying seat you have knees bent and you still actually sit when flying. Superman is also standing up while flying [:D]
It would be nice if B&M did launches. I'm sure you can make some fun launching b&m Flying coasters. Vertical launch would also be awesome again, only asking for lot of power... But a 4D stand up, that looks really wierd. Tilted upside down on just a 360 axis while rolling down a track. Just a 4D looks allready awesome, can you expect then how a stand up 4D would be?

Post August 17th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

If I had to pick it would probably be the flying hypercoaster. Like cjd I would like to feel weightless and such. It would be an awesome experince.

Post August 18th, 2005, 1:55 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post August 18th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
B&M are good at not doing the crazy experimental rides that have never been done before. They do have great layouts. I think B&M could develop the floorless design more. If they made a floorless coaster that had seats had the capability of tilting forward say 30 degrees and backward 60+ degrees, they could make some kickin rides. It would be thrilling to be looking at the track for a moment and then the next thing you are looking at the sky while going through a zero g role. It would offer a clausterphobic and freedom of flying feel in the same coaster.

= Very cool.

Post August 18th, 2005, 3:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
like mentioned before a Stand up Dive Coaster would be awsome!

Post August 30th, 2005, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,359.00 Points
Standup, twister, and Inverted with 8-10 inversions

Return to General Theme Park Discussions