Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The Voyage

The Voyage

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 11th, 2005, 11:49 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by cjd

^yes, if I can get permission from the park and a program to inport DVDs into my computer for editing...

keep in mind that the legal way isn't the only one

Post November 11th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by Tanks4me

Originally posted by jpecool

WOW, this coaster looks beautiful. It looks insanely awesome too. I envy you people who will get to ride it when it opens. [:(]
I guess I'm not the only one. It stinks living on the east coast sometimes.[:(]

I live on the east coast of ENGLAND. I live half an hour away from Cleethorpes and 45 mins or so away from skeggy, the worst dump in the world. Ask anyone who had been. Its home to the worst butlins in the world. Me and my mate went there swimming once, but we never actually made it past the changing rooms it was so dirty. [:p][lol] So we went to Fantasy Island instead to ride Millennium. [:)]The smoothest Vekoma in the world. And also the most forceless apparently. [:p]

Anyway, i think i beat most of you on the "I live to far away" competition. lol. The only people that will beat me are hyyyper and Dirk. And maybe ish and the other people further east in Europe.

Post November 11th, 2005, 1:10 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i think rabid one lives the farest away,
he's from aussieland, all the waaaaaaaay down under

example

we
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\ /
australia

Post November 11th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Originally posted by Edge

No pulleys eh Woodie Man?

I was trying to find the special point of being general, but not too general.

Post November 12th, 2005, 9:02 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Post November 12th, 2005, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Im planning on going there within a month of opening. It seems likea lot of us are. We should plan a meet.

Post November 12th, 2005, 11:25 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by cjd

^yes, if I can get permission from the park and a program to inport DVDs into my computer for editing...

keep in mind that the legal way isn't the only one

yes, its the only way, otherwise they wills throw you out of the park. If they catch you, and they probably will.
If I go this summer, I'm going to ask if I can get a copy of thier POV's onto a DVD for editing purposes. But if I don't go, let some one else do it.

Post November 12th, 2005, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,903.00 Points

Be ABSOLUTLY SURE that you have permission from Holiday World to POV. I know somebody who got banned FOR LIFE for pov'ing.

Post November 13th, 2005, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Well, I guess the rules in the U.S.A. are diffrent then Canada because I took my Camara on Sky Rider, Vortex, Psyclone, and IJST at PCW... And they knew I had the camara and they just let walk on with it, however they did warn me that if I lost it they arn't going to pay for it... other then that they didn't even care.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the park was very, very empty... like me and my friends and thats it, no joke.

Post November 13th, 2005, 12:42 am

It all depends on the ride op. Ive had some ops see my cam and tell me to put it away, and I had some ops see it and be cool with it. If they do catch you and they are mad, just play GP and say it was the family vacation video and you had no idea you couldnt do that.

Post November 13th, 2005, 1:44 am

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points
Originally posted by Woodie Man

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

hopefully i'll get to ride it in my life time! i mean im like 5-7 hours away from Holiday world[flush]

You think you're far? It's atleast a two day trip driving to get to Holiday World from where I am.
it takes like 45 min to an hour to get there were i live

Post November 13th, 2005, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Trust me, they enforce the no-photography rule at Holiday World VERY strictly. Someone I know awhile ago tried it and got away with it but was accosted by a ride-op AFTER riding because he was identified. He was threatened to be ejected from the park.

Im quite sure with this new ride they will continue to enforce it quite heavily. Ever since the SRM accident they have taken their precautions very seriously.

Have some respect for whats possibly the worlds greatest park. Please.

Post November 13th, 2005, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Originally posted by jpecool

WOW, this coaster looks beautiful. It looks insanely awesome too. I envy you people who will get to ride it when it opens. [:(]

True buddy. Although the English have a big selection of good classic woodys we dont have any of these world record breaking woodies it takes the p**s in my books. I just want to ride 1 huuuuugggggeeee woodie in my lifetime which i will. and the biggest woodie i have rode is Magnus Colossus and that was mildly dissapointing apart from the negatives but oh well!!![8D][|)][V][:D][V][|)][:D]

Post November 13th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,903.00 Points

Post November 13th, 2005, 5:05 pm

Wow. I bet had he not ridden with the slacked seat belt that he wouldnt have been kicked from the park. I think it was the combo of both offenses that warranted his ban from the park.

In a few years I bet a nice plea letter could get him reinstated - but it would have to be good.

Post November 13th, 2005, 6:40 pm

Ive noticed something while checking out the voyage media stuff. See in this picture ( http://www.holidayworld.com/images/tunnels_lg.jpg ) the switchback from right to left, after that first tunnel goes UNDER the brake run. While in the video that switchback goes OVER the brake run. Just a cool observation, I wonder which it will be.

Post November 13th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by SFMM homie

Ive noticed something while checking out the voyage media stuff. See in this picture ( http://www.holidayworld.com/images/tunnels_lg.jpg ) the switchback from right to left, after that first tunnel goes UNDER the brake run. While in the video that switchback goes OVER the brake run. Just a cool observation, I wonder which it will be.

And since they stated they would be adding a new element (or something like that), it could be something different than either of those options. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Post November 13th, 2005, 7:19 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I will definitely be bringing my video/photo camera to the park, but if I am to do any on-ride stuff I will be doing it legally. I don't know what I would do if I got banished from the park... I would feel like Adam when he got kicked out of Eden. It's really not worth the risk.

Post November 13th, 2005, 7:28 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Originally posted by SFMM homie

And since they stated they would be adding a new element (or something like that), it could be something different than either of those options. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

They have done quite a bit or alteration.

The little bunny hop before the 90 degree turn? Added in.
Also, the switchback over the lift looks to be flatter than in the video or the pictures. Less airtime and more lateral shove. However, I dont think they are going to compromise the airtime so it will probably make up for it somewhere.

Post November 14th, 2005, 10:39 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

probably.... Anyways, looks great. And CJD, we're counting on you to get a mounted pov of the rides.[:)]

Post November 14th, 2005, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

We can be certain that TPR will get one at least. They have that little lipstick cam, but it would be nice if we had one of our own.

Post November 15th, 2005, 9:23 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

will definitely be bringing my video/photo camera to the park, but if I am to do any on-ride stuff I will be doing it legally.

I hope you mean Cam Corder and not just low frame rate digital camera video recordings/?

Post November 15th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,072.00 Points
My parents wouldn't think to take me to Holiday Word, it's way to far away. If I did go, I would do any video recording legaly.

Post February 4th, 2006, 3:15 am

Points on hand: 3,012.00 Points

Post February 4th, 2006, 5:48 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

"Hey, GCI, we can make a coaster more twisted than anything you've ever done and make it have more airtime than any other coaster on the planet."

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions