Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The World Cup!

The World Cup!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 27th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Now Spain is also gone, there's no reason for me to watch anymore.. [:(]

Post June 27th, 2006, 6:23 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I hope the French team gets slaughtered by Brazil. The way they scored the second goal weas unfair as it was clear by the replay that he was not hit in the face. Damn liar. Spain is the better team imo.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 27th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

wws, its football! everyoe does it, the mexicans, the hollish, the brazilians, the americans, and the french, they all do it!

Post June 27th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Well these no way that Spain goal was a PK. The guy with the ball didn't even have a chance to score when he got fouled. The ref should have let it go

Post June 29th, 2006, 1:50 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

was it a foul? was it in the area? was it a penalty? yes.

If it's a foul in the area, it's a penalty. If the idiot who commited the foul decided to do it, despite the fact that the player with the ball wasn't going to score, then it is that idiots fault it's a peno *nods*

Post June 29th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
^Whatever, guess you're right. I just don't think a penatly should be rewarded when the guy with the ball is going backwards.

The fact of the matter is that the refs have blown the World Cup. FIFA even admited it, and they've already kicked 3 refs out (the U.S.-Italy one, the one who gave 20 cards, and the one that gave 3 yellows to one player) The refs better step it up from here on

Post June 29th, 2006, 5:45 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah, they threw the only English ref out, cus he was such a fooking tarface, what an idiot graham poll is... I think I need to think of a song about him to sing from the terrace next time we get him refereeing at Molineux [;)] Stupid bloody idiot booked the same guy 3 times [confused][lol]

The referees have all been awful, really have been, I dunno what it is. They've obviously been told at the start of the tournament, to be strict, but I think they've all taken it WAY out of proportion.

Post June 30th, 2006, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post June 30th, 2006, 1:00 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

ENGLAND ENGLAND FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

KICK THOSE PORTUGIAN ASSES SATURDAY NIGHT!

:D

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:18 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

I am with Portugal too [lol] Goodbye Brits!
Paradox wrote:

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:36 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
And how did portugal think they can win? I mean they would have lost from the dutch if the retard called referee would have given us the penalty(TWICE!). 2 players of the portugal team have red and half the team can't play in the semi-finales if they get red. Way to go england!

Post June 30th, 2006, 4:04 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

good luck Beckham, that's the only player on the team [lol] Portugal gonna beat him up so he can't kick [:)]
Paradox wrote:

Post June 30th, 2006, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

RCT3Crazy, Get over it. Portugal beat Netherlands fair and square, and England is a weaker team than Netherlands, so, if A>B and B>C, logic has it that A>C. And A is gonna beat C 2-0. [:)]

Post June 30th, 2006, 1:14 pm

I don't care that we're out, I only care that the ref. didn't give us the 2 penalties we deserved. I hoped we would be kicked out in the very first round!

Post June 30th, 2006, 1:43 pm

You didn't deserve the 2 pk's, and the fact of the matter is that it's done with so why complain about 2 pk's, you don't here me whining about US losing because the fact of the matter is they lost and that's that. Unfortunately, Germany just beat Argentina on PK's, and it looks as though they are going to to continue receiving great help from the refs, yet another game where their opponents received many more fouls than they did. Oh well, it was a good game without a doubt.

Post June 30th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Okay, we deserved at least 1 penalty, Robben was kicked in his chest during his attack.

And....

love love love love love love love love love THE GERMANS ARE THROUGH TO THE SEMI-FINALS

Post June 30th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

love love love love love love love love love THE GERMANS ARE THROUGH TO THE SEMI-FINALS

Hey funny, I was thinking the same thing..[}:)]

Post June 30th, 2006, 2:29 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i hope germany meets portugal somewhere and i hope everyone gets kicked into the hospital

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

yes argentina are out, england will defently win now
Making screams come true

Post June 30th, 2006, 5:04 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

[lol] The germans made it through 1-1 / 4-2 score and Italy ran over Ukrain 3-0 [:)] Tomorrow should be fun, would have been more fun if it was Brasil vs. Spain rather than Brasil vs. F[r]ance
Paradox wrote:

Post June 30th, 2006, 7:27 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

good luck Beckham, that's the only player on the team [lol] Portugal gonna beat him up so he can't kick [:)]

First of all, I don't rate Beckham at all, I think he is now terrible, and can do nothing other than kick a good deadball, secondly, Wayne Rooney is our one truly awesome player, although we have players coming through like Theo and Lennon, who will both be monsters before too long as well.

If we were playing like we should be playing, all the teams we've played so far (save Sweden), we would have beaten, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 etc... Basically, we're playing like a pile of shite and I think personally it has a lot to do with our so called captain fantastic, who is in actualy fact, a pile of complete wank. It does also have to do however, with the fact that our swedish coach is a complete retard who couldn't pick a team to save his life. Like, why the love did he bring Theo Walcott to the World Cup, and not include Defoe in the squad? [confused] Theo won't play any part in the world cup, and we're now short on striking options... if he'd bought Defoe, we wouldn't be short on playable strikers. Basically we have the ingredients, but the glue is all wrong, we're using "no-more-nails", when we should be using "Nails-be-gone" [;)][lol]. The sooner we get a new manager in and David "I am a gay fag" Beckham packs up his boots, the better!

...sorry, I go off on these rants when my team is playing WAY under the standard they should be playing at [lol]

Post June 30th, 2006, 8:26 pm

The coaches wrong decision isn't the players he brings, it's the fact that he leaves Rooney to go on runs and attack with noone else supporting him, meaning his talent goes to waste.

Post June 30th, 2006, 8:35 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oh believe me, I could list a whole page worth of more reasons why Sven in a rubbish coach, I just felt it wholly unnecessary, as I would have been sat here typing all night with any number of things, such as how quite he is and how he just sits on the bench all game and doesn't shout one instruction for example.... basically, what knob jockey [lol]

You're right though, that is one of the many problems, a problem which could have been easily sorted out if Jermain Defoe had been brought along with the squad, there's nothing better than a good Jermain Defoe making runs off you [;)][lol]

Post June 30th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post June 30th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Lol Gouldy, I guess you have a point, he's probably the worst coach in the World Cup, and without a doubt the worst one of the remaining teams.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion