Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The World Cup!

The World Cup!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 2nd, 2006, 9:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

I thought that may be the case. I can't blame you guys, he does dive a lot, even compared to the world cup norm, and hell, I'd hate the guy if I were from England too. I was just curious. And for you Gouldy, I doubt he will return to THE PREMIERSHIP.

Post July 2nd, 2006, 9:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

f**Kers like ronaldo and the dutch are just a disgrace to the game. the dutch probably cheat the most outta anyone in the world, and portugal is in the top5 imho. no wonder their game produced 16 yellows. anyways, rooney deserved the red. i mean, he stepped on his balls. lol. england didnt deserve to advance to the semis anyways, they have been playing some shitty football.

Post July 2nd, 2006, 10:46 pm

Nah, the worst diving team is Mexico. They always have been and always will be, since those who play organised football as a kid in Mexico learn to dive just as they learn to pass or shoot or do any other football fundamental. The Dutch do dive a lot though.

Post July 2nd, 2006, 11:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Gould - I have see many England players do their fair share of drama on the field.

Its called Soccer. EVeryone does it. Some more than others but hey, if you dont sell the foul when you can, you may not get other opportunities.

Ragan - how do you cheat in Soccer? Secret shoes? Scuffing the ball for more rotation?

As far as Im concerned, if you can sell a foul that isnt a foul, one of two things is happening.

1. You are VERY good at faking.
2. Ref is REALLY blind or dumb.

In either case, thats part of soccer. Get over it. Im just getting into soccer and I understand that. I find Offsides to be the stupidest rule in the game. Id rather see an amendment to that over people diving less. Trying to sell your weak foul has always been part of the game.

Plus I find it quite funny, as Gouldy said, when a shoe lace pushes someone over and they fall and roll and scream like they have a compound fracture of the femor - then get up and act like nothing happened. Thats priceless.

Post July 2nd, 2006, 11:47 pm

Originally posted by Real

Gould - I have see many England players do their fair share of drama on the field.

Its called Soccer. EVeryone does it. Some more than others but hey, if you dont sell the foul when you can, you may not get other opportunities.

Ragan - how do you cheat in Soccer? Secret shoes? Scuffing the ball for more rotation?

As far as Im concerned, if you can sell a foul that isnt a foul, one of two things is happening.

1. You are VERY good at faking.
2. Ref is REALLY blind or dumb.

In either case, thats part of soccer. Get over it. Im just getting into soccer and I understand that. I find Offsides to be the stupidest rule in the game. Id rather see an amendment to that over people diving less. Trying to sell your weak foul has always been part of the game.

Plus I find it quite funny, as Gouldy said, when a shoe lace pushes someone over and they fall and roll and scream like they have a compound fracture of the femor - then get up and act like nothing happened. Thats priceless.

its easy....dive, let goals in on purpose, etc. i mean, australia probably would of advanced against italia if they didnt cheat, and there would be MANY less cards and the games would have changed if players didnt dive to get a foul/card/PK. it ruins the fun of the game when they do it.

Post July 3rd, 2006, 12:20 am

Maybe I have this diving thing confused. Let goals in on purpose?

Im still not getting this cheating concept. I still find it hard to cheat. To sell a foul? yes. Cheat? Still not getting.

Edjamucate me.

Post July 3rd, 2006, 12:30 am

its like diving in hockey, or slashing, whatever, it is a penalty, which is against the rules, which makes doing it cheating.

Post July 3rd, 2006, 3:11 am

No it doesnt. It means if you do it and get caught, you get a penalty. If you dont get caught, then you have bad reffing.

Plus, its a part of the game. Watch any sport that involves refs, tons of calls go unnoticed to the refs.

Is a better term for this tackling? I think I know what you mean but I know it as slide tackling - which, from the wrong angle is a penalty. (mostly just from behind - if Im correct).

Post July 3rd, 2006, 12:52 pm

yeah, sorta, diving is when a player APPEARS to be tackled, but isnt, but acts like it anyways. tackling from behind is an automatic yellow, well, atleast it should be.

Post July 3rd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
f**Kers like ronaldo and the dutch are just a disgrace to the game. the dutch probably cheat the most outta anyone in the world, and portugal is in the top5 imho. no wonder their game produced 16 yellows.

Uh, figo dived, portugal kick robben in the chest right before he wanted to kick the ball in, Portugal was laying down on teh ground 5 minutes for every little thing. Thanks to those motherf*cking bitches we did only see like 209 minutes of football. How the hell can you cheat with soccer? The only ones who cheated where the italian, Australia was better IMAO. Well We're out, you're out, brazil is out. Welcome to the European Cup(that the name of the WC at the moment :P )

Post July 3rd, 2006, 1:28 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

yeah, Joe Cole is a right knob, huh? I dislike the man with a passion.

Post July 3rd, 2006, 1:36 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I find Offsides to be the stupidest rule in the game.

I'd call it the most over complicated rule. Should be stuck to the basic your offside, your offside. None of is "inactive" rubbish, If you're in an offside position the defenders are still aware of you being there so you still play a part in the game, it affects how the defenders act. Only exception should be when an offside gains no advantage to the attacking team (ie. ball over the top, offside player lets it roll to keeper)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 3rd, 2006, 2:04 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
i think offsides it important for either side, because what if they make a goal on your side? and there was no offsides rule, either team could win by NOTORIOUS SCORES! and there will be so many ways to cheat just stand next to the goalie.. prolly like three have someone kick it and shoot... n u got a ggggggoooooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll!!!!! lol.. so u mite want to keep tha offside rule.. IMO.. lol

Post July 3rd, 2006, 2:58 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

english?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 3rd, 2006, 3:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Ronaldo shouldn't be allowed to play football. I don't watch football, yet I saw the England vs Portugal and thought he was a complete and utter twat. On several ocassions he went down when no one even touched him. It was the most pathetic thing i've seen in a long time. These guys are suposed to be athletes, yet they are rolling on the floor like sissy girls and then start crying

Post July 4th, 2006, 5:28 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

woah, did you see that? That's crazy scoring 2 goals in the last minute literally of the second extra time to eliminate Germany from the cup contention! Good game [lol]
Paradox wrote:

Post July 4th, 2006, 5:40 pm

OMG ITALY WON!!! IM COLOMBIAN BUT I DID NOT WANT GERMAN TO WIN!!! ITALY ALL THE WAY!!! THAT WAS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN HOW HE GOT TO SHOOT BETWEEN 2 GERMAN PLAYERS!

Post July 5th, 2006, 1:01 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Italy, Germany was a fairly good game given that it was a world cup match, which by their very nature are slow, boring and uneventful. It's always the best way to win when you score in the last minute, well, that and coming from behind to win.

I have absolutely no interest in this now, being as England are out and the football is generally of a much lower quality in terms of excitement, than what I'm used to watching (and that really means something coming from a Wolves fan [;)] lol). Time for me to curl up in a ball again and think about how much I'm missing the real football *cowers in corner*

Post July 5th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
SCHADE DEUTSCHLAND, ALLES IST VORBEI! :p at least thats what we say here!

Post July 6th, 2006, 2:33 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

That italy/germany game was so climactic. I was a pizza place watching the game and everybody just went nuts when Italy scored both of those goals.[lol]

Post July 6th, 2006, 6:53 pm

i get mad how people think soccer is stupid and retarted, and you dont get it? really, all the other sports seem to be much more complicated in soccer all you have to do is pass the ball up and try to make a goal, or defend the ball from the opponent. Basketball has all these calls walk, tops, etc... baseball is the same foul or some people dont really know what happens when there is a strike or wen they steal bases... n football with so many calls, whon knows... i like all these sportrs but is soccer really that hard to understand?!

Post July 6th, 2006, 11:48 pm

^You made no sense about the other sports. You utterly confused me and Im fluent in all those sports.

Post July 6th, 2006, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I think by calls he means all of the penalties in football and basketball. I think their pretty easy rules compared to soccer (futbol) because I, to this day, still have no clue what the hell offsides is.

Post July 7th, 2006, 2:36 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

offsides is when a player from the attacking team is ahead of the line of the farthest defense minus the goalie at the time that the bell is kicked to him. If such happens then the player is in an offsides position. If the player has another defense ahead of the direction where he is to score apart from the goalie before the ball is kicked to him then the player is not in an offside position even if he is able to outrun the defense and get ahead of them after the ball has deprated the othe rplayer.
Paradox wrote:

Post July 7th, 2006, 3:28 am

And....it is only offsides if said player is involved in the play, either by touching the ball, drawing a defender, or influencing the play in any way.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion