Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The World Cup!

The World Cup!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 7th, 2006, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^Which, if the player wasnt, would be a complete waste of a person in a scoring position lol.

Just dont be offsides. Pro Evo football really made it clear. I have been learned.

Post July 7th, 2006, 9:58 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

offsides is when a player from the attacking team is ahead of the line of the farthest defense minus the goalie at the time that the bell is kicked to him. If such happens then the player is in an offsides position. If the player has another defense ahead of the direction where he is to score apart from the goalie before the ball is kicked to him then the player is not in an offside position even if he is able to outrun the defense and get ahead of them after the ball has deprated the othe rplayer.

Close but its the last two players of the opposition in general, just happens that 99.9% of the time its the goalkeeper, so your statement would still work.

eh, still don't understand look at http://www.localdial.com/users/mermaid/offside.htm, it has diagrams!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 9th, 2006, 4:48 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Italy has won the world cup with a score of 1-1,5-3. Yay Italians and yay that Zidane was kicked out! Freaking ass to do what he did.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 9th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Yea Zidane is a DUMBASS, That was a stupid and immature move to pull...

Post July 9th, 2006, 4:58 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
I don't know, but I think there must be a reason why HE would do sometihng like that.

Post July 9th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Yea Im sure there were some intense words exchanged before hand...But still....

Post July 9th, 2006, 5:11 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post July 9th, 2006, 5:39 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

he was walking away from an Italian player only to turn back and go towards him and do an extreme head butt to the chest and knock him down.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 9th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

extreme? look at the replays, it isnt as 'vicious' as they were making it up to be. the player to go down did some GREAT acting after zidane struck him.

Post July 9th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Are you kidding me? You'd be DEAD if that happened to YOU. lol. These guys are STRONG dude, that was a HARD butt...

Post July 9th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Post July 9th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Post July 9th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Post July 9th, 2006, 7:11 pm

actually, the video is to point out the titty twister zidane recieved

Post July 9th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Dude it was definately a strong head butt. He put quite a bit of his power in it to knock him down. I dont have a clue what possessed him to do it, especially in his last international game, AND in a world cup final.... It really will hang a shadow over his great career. Not a nice way to end [:(]

But yay for Italy, i wanted them to beat France. [:)]

Post July 9th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
any harder n he could have done really badd damage... atleast it wasnt to the heart, becuz he could have gotten killed or hurt really badd, and im not exagerating either, but he was stupid a world cup game and you choose to do that he should of handled it after the game, if it was that bad rite?

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:27 am

Originally posted by ragan

extreme? look at the replays, it isnt as 'vicious' as they were making it up to be. the player to go down did some GREAT acting after zidane struck him.

He completly knocked the guy OFF his feet and fell STRAIGHT onto his back. Thats not extreme? Holy crap, I must know what extreme is then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:38 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
good exciting game however and i hate france so im glad he did that. It shows how retarding that country is. He's an idol there.

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:43 am

Originally posted by harryman

i hate france so im glad he did that. It shows how retarding that country is. He's an idol there.

That sure isnt going to offend ANYONE...[stupid]

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:44 am

Well, too bad he shouldnt have gotten the card. Turns out no ref saw it as it happened and in FIFA rules, you cannot use a monitor to review a play.

The ref that made that call and relayed it did not see it live so techincally France was completely cheated.

Not to mention Zidane was completely tempted...titty twisters hurt. However, Zidanes action was completely uncalled for. Yet, shouldnt have been a card. No one saw it.

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:47 am

ive seen video of that real. but i mean, lets say you are 6'4, 200 some odd pounds, do you REALLY think a headbutt to your ribs is going to knock you dead on your ass? i think not, unless it is true that italians get blown over if wind blows at them.

you still arent realizing the fact that a) materazzi is a dirty cheating bastard, who deserves it, and b) he titty twisted him! look at the beginning of that and all the other videos, he twisted his left tit! when ya do that to anyone, you deserve a head to the ribs.

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:49 am

and yes, france did get screwed cause no ref saw the foul, unless their eyes are runing in 1 fps.

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:55 am

No one deserves that, get over it.

And yes, you could die. I have seen crazier things happen. Especially when you put blunt trama to the chest, you are playing quite dangerous there. Odds are nothing will happen, but what if it does? What if it causes his heart to stop for only a moment and it doesnt come back? Any number of medical things could happen with such a blow.

Lets not forget that Zidane has been thrown out of NUMEROUS games for his antics. Hes missed several games over the past 5 years due to his outlandish behaviour when he should have just responded by kicking their butts on the field. Instead, he takes it personally and fouls/hurts someone.

Its a game.

Post July 10th, 2006, 1:57 am

Post July 10th, 2006, 2:09 am

Dude, I dont even play football and I understand thats PART of the game. Some people play rough. Sometimes they get penalties, other times not. It happens even every sport. I hardly think that means he deserves a possibly life threatening action towards him.

Have some sense about it. And dont bring up his past offenses. This was a different game, different time. Zidane can be just as nasty. It doesnt matter what hes done in previous games. Those were over. I dont think a titty twister (something we all do to one another at some time our life) deserves a full out thrusting head butt. Think about it.

If you get someone a titty twister then you deserve the same treatment - reguardless of your past history with that person or any other for that matter. Because if thats the case, where all your past offenses can be held against you in one moment of pain, Im pretty sure all peoples on Earth have committed enough wrong to warrant death or near death.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion