Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions To anyone who's been to Hershey Park....

To anyone who's been to Hershey Park....

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 4th, 2007, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Well, on Easter weekend, i'm taking a trip down to SFGAdv. One of the days i'm there it's closed though, and my family was thinking of going down to HP for the day. We looked it up on google earth and found directions and everything, and it estimated a 2????????? hour drive from our hotel in Jackson, NJ to the park. I wanna go down REALLY badly (Storm Runner!) but my mom's a bit hesitant because of the drive. Could anybody here tell me if it's worth it or not so i can try to convince my mom?[:D]

Post March 4th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Wow, let me tell you, it is well worth the drive! I live in Minnesota and it takes anywhere from one to two days to drive down to Hersey, and I'm always up for it!

Stormrunner, which I'm sure you've heard, is one of the greatest Intamin Rockets ever designed.

It's not really the famous one in the park, but The Comet was always one of my most adored rides there.

Great Bear is not the best B&M Invert (of course, Raptor outshines it [;)]) But it's still a great ride. Make sure you keep an eye out for the whacked up support branching out from land (they didn't get permission to fundament into the river > > http://www.rcdb.com/ig468.htm?picture=8 )

Lightning Racer...oh my gosh, WOW! This is simply the greatest woodie ever designed. Full of speed, intensity, and great forces! You'll instantly fall in love with the racer.

A ride that I would personally not suggest is the Sooperdooperlooper...Youch, this perhistoric beat machines hurt bad [:(]

It is definitely worth the two and half hour drive down there! Ya have an open day, so why not!?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 4th, 2007, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
I think HP would be really well worth it. Between Great Bear, Lightning Racer, Stormrunner, and the environment in general, Hersheypark is well worth the trip!

Plus you get to see the status of the waterpark expansion, which should be coming along very nicely now...

Post March 4th, 2007, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Superdooper hurts? What the heck are you on? I had not a single problem! Loop was good and I found it fairly enjoyable.

Post March 4th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
When Easter comes we are probably going to the east rand show AGAIN where I'm going to ride the looping star coaster AGAIN, the bungee rocket AGAIN, buy useless crap AGAIN and drive back home AGAIN. [:D]

Post March 4th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Hershey is a great park even without the rides. If you're not as crazy about coasters as everyone here is (like a lot of moms are), it's a great park to go and just have fun.

Post March 4th, 2007, 8:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Alright, thanks everyone! And yeah, SMer, my mom loves coasters almost as much as me! She went on dragster[:)] So yeah, the decision's been made, and we're going on that day, gonna be a great trip!

Post March 4th, 2007, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,761.00 Points

I live 2 hours from Hp and I try to go as many times as I can. Tell your mom that those 2 hours will zipp by really fast and then youll be there for an entire day. I find the drive completely orth it. There are lots of fun rides and all kind off stuff there. And once your done with the park, there are tons of really nice restaurants around hershey and you guys can relax and then get back to Jackson whenever you feel like it.

Post March 4th, 2007, 10:36 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I will be about 15 minutes from HP and I might take a trip there as well. Its a great park and the smell of coca is wounder full. To bad the factory is leaving the city to go to Mexico.

Post March 4th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Have fun at HP; I love that place. Lots of great coasters, but my personal favorite are the lightening racers.

However, last summer my drum corps spent a full day and a half rehearsing at Hershey Stadium, which is right there next to both the park and museum. At that point the smell of cocoa in the air was not welcome at all, and add to that the fact that I knew it would be about a month before I could ride a coaster again! Yup, that was a painful rehearsal day...

Post March 4th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

At least you get to go. My family dosent really care about going to amusment parks its kind of like well if were going by we will stop there other wise no. Have a good trip.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post July 20th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Hey, I've been invited to go to Hersheypark tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any discounts that'll get me into the park for less than around $37. I'm hoping someone will know something better (that I can get online) within the next couple hours, as I'm going to have to get the ticket soon. Thanks in advance.

Post July 20th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Check for pop can discounts...sometimes those are worth more than online discounts.

Post July 20th, 2007, 5:06 pm

Yeah they might be but I was just invited today lol and I don't think I have any of those cans on me right now.

Post July 20th, 2007, 5:18 pm

could buy one from a local gas station. I did that for HW.

Post July 20th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Yea it's definitely worth it. I went before SR was built, but many other rides were fun. Comet rocks IMO, despite it's age. Great Bear is fun in that it's layout is kinda cool, but it's quite short and no where as great as other B&M inverts. Wildcat .. yea that was before they changed the cars, so it was bumpy as hell and quite boring honestly, hardly any air either. Super Soaker .. yea, such a waste of time. Sooper Dooper Looper is cool and in great shape for it's age, not bumpy at all yet not terribly exciting, try to ride it though. Lightning Racer is a fun ride overall yet lacks any substantial air. The entire racing aspect really makes it a very fun ride however, it's hard to describe. Wild Mouse is just Eh, not my kind of ride yet packs more of a punch then you'd prolly expect. Trailblazer = n00b coaster, don't waste your time unless theres no line and you want to be able to say "I rode them all!". Lastly, Sidewinder. I find it better than other Vekoma Boomerangs, and I always personally find them awesome so if you get a chance definitely ride it (lines for these kinds of rides tend to be long though).

Have fun!

Post July 20th, 2007, 10:31 pm

k thanks for the info and thoughts guys. I think the $10 off is the best definate offer I can find on such short notice, so I'm gonna go with that. Thanks again.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions