Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Toverland 29 apr 13, including the new Area

Toverland 29 apr 13, including the new Area

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 76.00 Points

Yesterday, I went to Toverland to check out the new rapid river and it's surrounding area. Which had been officially opened this weekend.

As a season pass holder, I love seeing this park grow and opening new area's over time. Now with the new area, the park looks a lot bigger and what begun as an indoor park for small children grows out to be a full scale theme park in quite a fast pace. There are some rumors about a megacoaster for 2016

The entrance is still located at the indoor section of the park, last year they rethemed the indoor area and changed the light's to make it look better.

I made some photo's with my mobile phone, for some of the photo's I did a bit of editting but I don't really have experience with that.

The entrance, I hope they will one day cover up the whole thing with this kind of theming.

From the parking lot, you get a good view of the awesome GCI coaster Troy. which is still one of the best rides in The Netherlands

When I got to the park I went straight to the new area, "de magische vallei" You can get there through the indoor section but also through a new walkway which goes underneath Boosterbike, their vekoma motorbike coaster.

2 years ago, this was just a field of grass where you could get from outside the park :P

When you get through the rock tunnel into the area, you get to choose between a regular path or a small path which goes over the rocks and get's you very close to one of the waterfalls.

Here are some other foto's of the new area

Together with spinning coaster "dwervelwind" Djengu river is the main attraction of the new area, it's a rapid ride from Hafema and its one of the better rapid's in The netherlands. It is a great addition for toverland.

In october 2012, the park opened a spinning coaster which belong's to the new area, d'wervelwind is a really good ride from Mack Rides. It's one of my favorite coasters in the netherlands. I think there will be a lot more of these Mack Spinning coasters built in the near future.

Here are some photo's of D'wervelwind.

Katara fountain's, these will give a music show 3 times a day

After some rides on Djengu River and D'wervelwind I went back to the indoor section

The vekoma junior coaster. it's fast for a Junior ride but it's also kind of rough.

For this foto I played with the settings of my phone camera a bit, I think it turned out quite good

In the second indoor hall, They have a cake-walk-ish ride called Villa Fiasco. Most of these kind of rides travel on fair's here in The Netherlands, But this one is stationary and from the outside it's nicely themed

It wasn't raining, but most of the day it was cloudy. The log flume was open but it was a walk-on all day

Troy is still as awesome as always, It's getting a bit rougher now but its still one of the smoothest wooden coasters out there

Thanks for reading. Other pictures can be found at https://plus.google.com/photos/11510937 ... oPG0cPIqgE

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports