Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster track smoother

track smoother

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post February 21st, 2004, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
on one of my coasters, someone said that it looked like i used a "track smoother" what is that and how do i get one? it sounds like it saves a lot of time!

Post February 21st, 2004, 1:26 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Post February 21st, 2004, 2:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Umm....well, it's really not possible to tell if the nodesmoother was used...and it is not just a magic wand for making good coasters, either. The track has to be quite smooth, and shaped well in the first place, or the tool will just make it worse...

Post February 23rd, 2004, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Yeah, I try to make my coasters as smooth as possible, then I'll hit it with the track smoother to clean it up a bit. I always save it under a different name though just in case it screws something up.

Post February 23rd, 2004, 1:13 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
If you are referring to your Track "Wilde Kat", I can comfirm that you didn't use the smoother. I can tell an automatically smoothed track from a handbuilt track (no matter how good it was build). You built it all by hand.

Buster.

Post February 23rd, 2004, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

It works good on coaster that are already good and if they aren't it doesn't

Post February 23rd, 2004, 6:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

Track Smoother may be good for beginers but I like the hands on treatment better. It just gives the ride a more personal touch. Of course this is my opinion.

Post February 23rd, 2004, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

i agree, i havent ever even thought about using the track-smoother, i wouldnt really be able to say it was my work if i used it considering that smoothing is the most important part of making the track, and the track IS the coaster so that is the most important part of everything.

Post February 23rd, 2004, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,462.00 Points
Track smoother uses a multiplier effect meaning:

If your track is good, itll get better.
If your track is bad, itll get worse.

It does what YOU cannot. According to one of Busters original posts it will move the handles and verticies around in much much smaller incriments that you can possibly move it. It also fine tunes parts so tiny that again, youd never be able to do it.

It isnt a wonder tool. Your track has to be good-great for it to be useful. Otherwise, its not what everyone thinks it is. If you use it, its STILL your work, its just taken out some tiny things you most likly couldnt ever fix.

Post February 24th, 2004, 4:45 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

the track smoother does not fix ALL of the little bumps, though. It makes some alot smoother, but others just won't smooth out no matter how hard you try. I am having these kinds of "problem verticies" appearing on my round 1 contest coaster. the posters above are right... if the verticie is smooth, it makes it smoother. But, it still requires an extreme amount of skill to get it to a point that the smoother will make it perfect. Even I haven't done it yet, and I've been working with coaster gaming sites for the past 2.5 years.

Return to No Limits Coaster