Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Track Smoothing Tip

Track Smoothing Tip

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post June 9th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Ok i have not tested this therom, but i hope it works. So you want to smooth a track? Well simply use tias toolbox and scale the ride up to make it as big as possible, then smooth it that way. I say this beacuse big hyper coaster are usually alot easier to smooth. Then once done scale down to orginal size. Heyt if it worked but in the track description:

---------------------------------
I Used Matts Smoothing Technique
Last edited by Matt on June 9th, 2004, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 9th, 2004, 5:06 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,178.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

HAHAHA, it does work to a certain extent Matt, I have tried this myself, but it isn't as accurate as if you do it the proper way, cus.......well, not sure why, but it seemed to me that when I shrank it back down, it just seemed to be as rough as it was before i smoothed it, I prefer the tried and tested and good ol' proper method.......pure trial and error movements of nodes, until its prefectly smooth or at least close [lol]

Post June 9th, 2004, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points

Post June 9th, 2004, 6:22 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I do it one step at a time, I lay the track, shape it, smooth it out, lay the next track, shape it, smooth it out, I test, does it make it??? Yes it does, seems really smooth, just like when I was running back and forth hundreds of times in the editor, now are the g's good, yes, go on constructing the next couple of segments, do the same thing over, and over again. Then when I'm done with the track, I'll test it, if it looks smooth, I use buster's track smoother to make it as smooth as possible, it usually doesn't change the track much, cuz its already fairly smooth. And this is what I've done on the last couple of rides that i'm still working on, its worked great so fat. [:)]

Post June 10th, 2004, 6:32 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
I would actually suggest to do it the other way round. Shrink your coaster to 50%, smooth that as good as you can and then scale back up.

Buster.

Post June 10th, 2004, 9:24 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Originally posted by Matt

Ok i have not tested this therom, but i hope it works. So you want to smooth a track? Well simply use tias toolbox and scale the ride up to make it as big as possible, then smooth it that way. I say this beacuse big hyper coaster are usually alot easier to smooth. Then once done scale down to orginal size. Heyt if it worked but in the track description:

I Used Matts Smoothing Technique

So if i do it, i have to give you a credit for an idea??

Post June 10th, 2004, 10:29 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Of course! Actually i will try Busters idea aswell.

Post June 10th, 2004, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 2,983.00 Points
i find the old fashoined way easier, lay some track, smooth it then test on simulator, it is time consuming but it works

Return to No Limits Coaster