Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Trees and Sound

Trees and Sound

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 23rd, 2011, 2:09 pm

Points on hand: 785.00 Points
No Limits.
How could I create some different trees and shrubbery? Any suggestions please for software, file format, editing what's there (wherever it is).

and

Where are the sound files kept and could I add my own?

I am running nolimits on an iMac OS10+

Thanks

Post April 23rd, 2011, 2:34 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Well you have a couple options for trees. You can either edit the standard ones in the environment file, or create 3ds trees. As far as I know through the environment you can edit size and tree texture, but not much more. Obviously with 3ds the trees are only limited by poly-count issues and skill. As far as sound goes, the only sound which can be edited is the chain sound. Check out http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=howto#env for all the environment information.

Post April 23rd, 2011, 5:36 pm

Many thanks, I''l give it a try. This could take some time...

Post May 4th, 2011, 5:51 am

Right. Been doing a lot of research. Needed a three d modelling prog for the Mac to make objects for NoLimits. Tried, Blender, Autodesk, Sketchup, Cheetah and AC3D. Blender is free, probably very powerful but has the world's most irritating, unhelpful, confusing, horrible interface that you could imagine. Autodesk. Very expensive and too feature packed for domestic use. Like buying a restaurant when you want a small kitchen. Sketchup great programme but you need the very expensive Prof version to save 3DS's but there is a workaround from the lite free version; save in Collada and open in AC3D or similar. Cheetah, lovely interface but uses procedural textures that need baking for 3DS use. AC3D. Brilliant. Like a souped up Object Creator. Runs on Mac and Windows. Does NoLimits trees. Reasonable price. Imports and exports everything. Recommended. Free fully functioning 14day trial.

By The Way Yoshifreak. Cannot find the standard trees in the environment file. Odd that. There are some sample ones though from other tracks which are very helpful. Thanks for pointer.

Post May 4th, 2011, 10:07 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Most of the default textures built into NL are hard-coded and cannot be retrieved due to restrictions from the software they used to create them. Of course, there have been ways to obtain these textures with some clever work and what not. I got as far as finding the default grass texture (from another track) as well as a wooden beam and wooden catwalk texture which came from an environment pack that was distributed earlier. (Not sure if still is.)

Return to No Limits Coaster