Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Tunnel maker error

Tunnel maker error

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 3rd, 2010, 6:52 am

Points on hand: 1,137.00 Points
Hello everyone.

When I save a tunnel as .3ds it keeps saying "Run-time error '9' - Subscript out of range"

Is this problem fixable?

Post August 3rd, 2010, 10:20 am
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
Try saving the file without it automatically being place into the track file. If it works, you will have to manually position and size the object in the track file. I have come across this problem several times in the past, and that was the only way I could get it to go away. Getting the object to fit correctly afterward is a bit of a pain.

Perhaps someone has a different method?

Post August 3rd, 2010, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
^ You don't have to move/size the object manually, just set the editor's importing to disable auto scale and auto center.

Having it automatically placed in the track file could lead to problems anyway since the Tunnel Maker was made quite a while back. You will likely lose basics like environment references and support beam colors but I wouldn't be surprised if the subscript out of range error is also being caused by this.

Post August 3rd, 2010, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,137.00 Points
Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my PC, but thank you anyways.

Which operating system did you have, when you solved the problem by manually placing it on the track?

Post August 3rd, 2010, 7:28 pm
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
Originally posted by coasteragent99

^ You don't have to move/size the object manually, just set the editor's importing to disable auto scale and auto center.

Are you kidding me?!? I have been dealing with this BS for eight years!

Thank you for that tip.

Post August 4th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Unfortunately, there may be a catch to that. NL's 3ds placement has been very temperamental for me and last time I tried to place a station I modeled by using a CK 3ds export as reference, the object placed in NL went glitchy; the placement node would usually not appear. Otherwise, you'd normally put the placement node at the very center of NL'd coordinate system, the origin, and it should line up. I ended up having to enable auto-center and placing the object manually, but at the very least I didn't have to size it manually.

Return to No Limits Coaster