Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster under ground

under ground

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 7th, 2006, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 2,062.00 Points
how do you get costers to go underground? i have seen it in verious costers i have downloaded but i dont see how to do it. e.g. one of the "obolivion @ Alton Towers" does it and i dont see how.

also is there a way to change the hight that water appears at coz i want to make a water based roller coaster but i cant make it go in the water.

please help me
thanx
Tom[:p]

Post April 7th, 2006, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

As of yet, there is no way of creating realistic undeground rides without the aid of 3ds objects (which can be a pain in the ass) Your best bet is just to dive through the ground and use tunneled sections. Also there is no way of adjusting the hieght of the water either

Post April 7th, 2006, 2:27 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Post April 7th, 2006, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
To tunnels, there are 2 common ways to approach it. Either do the cheap and easy way, where you simply make the tunnel go into the actual ground, and use 3ds fog effects to try to hide the ground collision, or you can use some heavy 3ds work, which, if not done carefully, can make it look just horrible, and it's best that newbies stick to the first method. To water, you also need to use 3ds for that as well. Depending on the ride's surroundings and situation, you might have to modify a 3ds water mesh so it tesselates and you can remove surfaces on it to allow the coaster to go below without colliding. Otherwise, if you think covering up the collision with fog effects would work, go ahead. Now to make things easier, you might want to use the tunnel maker to make doing the fog easier. You can use the tunnel maker to create the 3ds tunnel, then go into the 3d modeller and add in the fog from there, it's easier than the tedious (not to mention unreasonably stupid) method of placing and scaling every fog piece inside the NL editor. And if you don't use 3ds tunnels, then you might just have to do a lot of painful guess and check work along with manually placing the fog effects in the editor. (the fog effects you can use is simple, it's basically just a flat, translucent plane, but has a texture on it. You use many of them together to create the gradual effect.

Post April 10th, 2006, 4:59 am

Points on hand: 2,062.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster