Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Unnamed Intamin Blitz

Unnamed Intamin Blitz

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 18th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 760.00 Points
Hey everyone!

This is a new project that I have been working on for a couple of weeks. It is a blitz coaster that has a beyond 90 degree drop and features a second launch. I finally have the layout finished and I'm going to start scenery/supports soon. Just wanted to give everyone a look at what I'm working on.

Image Insert:
70.27 KB

Image Insert:
72.61 KB

Image Insert:
100.88 KB

Image Insert:
107.82 KB

Image Insert:
89.71 KB

Image Insert:
112.54 KB

Image Insert:
72.31 KB

Image Insert:
95.42 KB

Image Insert:
79.36 KB
Last edited by mavman on August 18th, 2011, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mavman

Post August 18th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
That first bit looks kick ass. Then the shaping goes kinda down the drain from what i can see. But ill save my judgements until more pics of the finally are up.

Post August 18th, 2011, 10:40 pm

Yeah, here are pictures of the finale. I'm not sure about it though, what do you think? Should I redo the ending, or keep it?

Image Insert:
82.5 KB

Image Insert:
64.27 KB

Image Insert:
77.25 KB

Image Insert:
94.35 KB

Image Insert:
93.14 KB

Image Insert:
94.84 KB

This last picture is something I forgot to put into the first post. Its a surprise roll that is very low to the ground right before the mid-course break.
Mavman

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I think you oughta redo the end. The shaping and elements are just a bit tooo far fetched for an intamin blitz. So keep that originality without making it look sooo outrageous. Might i suggest a interesting norweigian loop element for the second half? I feel it would be fitting, and would look nice. Maybe one that dives into a trench?

Post August 19th, 2011, 6:03 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

I think the layout of the finale would be ok if you gave it more realistic shaping. As Kyle said, something more like a norwegian loop might be cool.

What I don't like is the bit before the second launch, it looks quite repetetive to me. Except for that one roll it just seems like a lot of small s-hills.

Post August 19th, 2011, 7:27 am

Ok I'll see what I can do. Thank for the feedback!

Post August 19th, 2011, 8:25 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points

Post August 19th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I agree with Kyle's sentiments that the shaping is far-fetched, but I personally believe it's wayyyyyyy far-fetched rather than simply "far-fetched". Anyway, The first bit looks good, and I can definitely tell you really tried to master the shaping on certain parts, but it seems like a lot of the time you just got lazy and slapped some track together. In my opinion, the most glaring shaping discrepancy I can see is in the rolls. They look like they were made in Newton in 30 seconds. You NEED lateral transitions on Intamin rolls - believe me. A perfect maverick-esque roll (although much less intense) should take something like a half hour at the least in Newton. It's NOT an easy element.

Anyway, good luck on the ride, it looks like it'd be a hell of a lot of fun, even with the shitty tracking! [;)]

Post August 19th, 2011, 5:08 pm

So I have restarted everything after the drop and I basically have the same layout (so far) but I changed the shaping on the quick transition and the roll. Boneplaya, I took your advice and I think the roll came out pretty well.

Image Insert:
86.24 KB

Image Insert:
58.3 KB
Mavman

Post August 19th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by mavman

Image Insert:
100.88 KB

This element looks awesome!!!
American Eagle Lover

Post August 19th, 2011, 9:43 pm

So I have been working on the layout. The first bit is pretty much the same, I just changed a few things. The second bit before the brake is what I really changed. I only have one S hill and a overbanked curve similar to Maverick's, a quick transition, little air hop, roll, then brake. The section after the first brake is much improved from the old one I think, shaping wise. Here are a few pictures...

Image Insert:
65.45 KB

Overview of layout

Image Insert:
60.54 KB

I changed the height of the hill before the hill/roll element and I think it flows better than the older version.

Image Insert:
87.17 KB

This is where I really changed the layout.

Image Insert:
56.9 KB

The middle section of the ride.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Update!

I've finished the second half of the ride. It has a Cheetah Hunt like element after the launch then goes through some low-to-the-ground high speed turns then up into a Norwegian roll, double down, into an overbank then final brakes. Here are some pictures...

Image Insert:
105.93 KB

Image Insert:
76 KB

Image Insert:
78.67 KB

Image Insert:
86.98 KB
Mavman

Post August 21st, 2011, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I would make it so there's only one turn at the top there, that way it doesn't look too much like cheetah hunt...
American Eagle Lover

Post August 21st, 2011, 10:06 pm

I think im going to keep it the way it is. I tried what you said before and I feel it didn't have the same effect I wanted it too so I kept it this way. Thanks for the input though!
Mavman

Post August 21st, 2011, 10:13 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
I think it looks pretty good, but the shaping on the Norwegian loop is way off, they're alot tighter on the bottom in real life than yours. They resemble a circle more than a pretzel.

Return to Hard Hat Area