Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Unofficial NL Twister Woodie Contest

Unofficial NL Twister Woodie Contest

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 10th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

Well, If anyone wanted to sign up for a contest, who isn't already in the 2006 NL contest, or in the Unnoficial CP Contest, this is another one. If anyone wants to participate, sign up now. Here is all the info:

2006 Twisted Woodie NL Track Contest
READ EVERYTHING FIRST BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO PARTICIPATE OR NOT!

Back Story- Well, a new coaster is on the horizon, and you are the engineer at the park given the objective of designing everything about it. The park wants you to design a wooden twister. You are given a small plot of land, told the coaster must be themed, and at least 40 meters high. In addition it must stay in the plot (the pink), and have at least two spots of airtime. The station must be put, in the "X" spot, and the queue, must be in the small plot of land behind the station. In addition, all supports, must be inside the plot of land they tell you, as to not interfere with other rides. No supports may be on the railroad, (the blue), but they may be built over it, and connect on each side, and like track, they must be at least four meters above it. (Four meters, is about four dots, above the ground, from the left or right perspective.) Lastly, they present you with the task, of making it unique. Feel free to make any changes you want, but still keep the rules.

Your Objectives:
Make sure the ride has no G's over 5.1, or under -1.5
Build a custom station.
Build a custom & themed queue.
Make a sign to go over the front of the queue.
Buld supports, inside the pink.
Make you queue, station, and ride theme consistant.
Make track at least 4 meters above blue line.
Track must be at least forty meters high, and must be a twister.
It must have a twister section in each plot of more open land.
Must run at least 2 trains.
Straight station.
Must pass tunnel and E-Stop testing.
No LIMs what-so-ever, may be used on the track.
Must be over 1000 meters long.
No Launches either.

You may build the coaster over again, but it must have the same layout, and follow all of the rules. Please re-name your coaster, and to submit it, package the file. Send the coaster to shockwave196@yahoo.com. Please include a back story for your coaster, you may change the colors, and you must keep the same coaster design (Wooden Articulated Trains). This is how the coasters will be scored:

Smoothness: Max 50 pts.
Queue & Station: Max 50 pts.
G's- Max 25 pts.
Theme Idea & Originality- Max 75 pts.
Overall Coaster- Max 100 pts.

Perfection, which is highly impossible, is a total of 300 pts. A total of 10 cushion points will be added to each score below fifty.

And here is the template:

http://www.savefile.com/files/7116292

This is a demanding contest, and only fifteen people can sign up, so if your up to it, and want to do it, hurry:

1. EElover2

Hope you compete, and good luck!
Last edited by SixFlagsOverTexas on April 10th, 2006, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 10th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
lol, OH DEAR?!?!?! Only 15 people!!! Better sign up quick....

Post April 10th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post April 10th, 2006, 7:49 pm

Well, I guess it's ok if anyone tells me beforehand, that they are unable to do it. You personally do not have to make the 3d objects, but if you tried, that'd be awesome.

Post April 10th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Ok...i since i dont know that much about coasters, nobody say anythin stupid about this..but what EXACTLY is a twister wooden coaster??

Post April 10th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
Can auto supports go out of the pink?

Can it also be at least 30 instead of 40 meters high?

Post April 10th, 2006, 9:10 pm

Well, no and no. Sorry, I already granted you no 3ds, and the template supports wide enough for the lift, and other supports to be enhoused into the design. If you are using auto supports, use the individual track section tool, when selecting on pieces of track, to tell the computer what type of supports, to use. And also, a 40 meter lift can be put onto the design, so it does have to be forty meters.

Coasterguy77, a wooden twister is a coaster like Thunderhead at Dollywood park, that uses articulated trains to run it's coarse. The trains are already provided in the game, and the template.

Post April 10th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
LOL! You signed me up? Apparently the sarcasm of my post was a little to much.

Post April 17th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,188.00 Points

Post April 17th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
^try reading the contest description (which can answer all of your questions) before you ask, well, stupid questions.

(Edit:except for yours jonbkchill[;)])

Post April 17th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I don't think its that smart running a contest while there already is two contests going[;)] If you had waited I think you could have got more contestants.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post April 17th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,738.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

and the award is? I don't see the point in normal members hosting contests here if there is no way for them to reward the winner. Oh well, whatever floats you [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 17th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
Oh there are ways of rewarding everybody--hehehe use your imagination [lol]

Return to No Limits Coaster