Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion USA v England "soccer" friendly

USA v England "soccer" friendly

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 28th, 2005, 7:30 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Final Score: USA 1 - 2 England.

Although, I don't think I can really say "England", it really was our C team or something like that, there was two players playing for England that I had never even heard of before, I think that shows you the quality of the players that England put out.

Ok, can I just ask, how the HELL did USA lose to our C team? I'm not joking, the team we put out was terrible! [lol]. It was a pretty damn awful game aswell, not very good to watch at all. I just wish that our big stars would have agreed to go to the USA and play, because it would have seriously been about 10-0 to England if they had, USA would have been absolutely destroyed.

I saw some sponsor hoardings while I was watching, and they said "nikesoccer.com", eurgh thats gay, we have a much better website here called "nikefootball.com" [lol]. Yeah this is going somewhere before you ask, I was just wondering what the nike website for American Football is called? Because it can't be "nikefootball.com" surely, because thats the address for the "soccer" website here in England. I was just wondering because yeah ...... I'm interested.

Anyway, I believe that we play you again sometime soon, I don't know for sure because I don't much care for the firendly matches, theres no passion and the players can never be arsed. But lets hope the next game is a ot better than todays game cus it was pretty crap today.

Yeah aswell, I need to do the obligatory tongue sticking out to all you Americans, for being terrible at everything [:P][lol] joke ........ well not really but I have to say that or someone will kick me [lol]

Post May 28th, 2005, 7:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Ha! One question though ... soccer ... who cares? [lol] Except for a few radicals close to our borders, this is not as big a sport as some may try to portray it as here in the States. Tell me, did the Americans bring out the 15 year olds or were these folks old enough to shave? [lol]

Post May 28th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

[lol] Yeah, Americans aren't any good at sports that are not ust played in America. I guess if we had a (in the [r] American term) Football team we would be destroyed, but to my knowledge we dont have one, i guess we just not weak enough to wear big bulky pads, and not actualy do anything all game. Seriously...what is which American football. Team lines up, throws ball once, one guys run, idiots run into each other everywhere...game stops, 24 substitutions and start over for however many minutes it is...almost as exciting as nascar...not quite, but almost

Post May 28th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I think all sports are lame and boring to watch. And who cares about trying to look tough by not wearing pads or helmets, no sport makes a person look tough in my opinion. Its just a gay waste of time.

Post May 28th, 2005, 8:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

[lol] yes well, it should e a big sport in America, its far more exciting than any of your sports (with the exception of Ice Hockey, that is probably one of the best sports around), if you had have watched the Champions League final in Istanbul between Liverpool and AC Milan earlier this week, you would know why the rest of the world is so obsessed with Football ("Soccer"), do you realise that USA and Canada are like the only 2 countries in the world where Football isn't the national sport? DO you not feel a little bit left out at all? I was just wondering because I think I would be.

Whats worse is, you don't play Rugby at all do you? Well you play a properly bastardized version of it, in American Football, where they've turned it into a game for girls by strapping them into bullet proof armour and making it so that noone ever moves more than 10 metres in a year. I'm not all that into Rugby myself, but even thats better than most of the sports you have in your country .... well you might not think that, but the rest of the world does.

Which sport is the only sport that can claim that every major country in the world (and most minor countries, and 3rd world countries) has a national team for that sport? ........ Football ("Soccer") Do you not think there is a reason for that? Do you not think that theres a reason that theres only a handful of countries where American Football is even played?

I'm not going to change your minds about this, because sadly for you, you've been born into a country that knows no different.

Post May 28th, 2005, 8:03 pm

Hockey IS the only sport worth mentioning anymore, period. As far as the rest of your statement ... can you turn down the "blah, blah, blah"? It is distracting. [lol]

Post May 28th, 2005, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldyWhats worse is, you don't play Rugby at all do you?

actually, the rugby team at my high school won state last year and almost did it again this year. Which is interesting considering it is all of the football players playing, and our football team sucks!

anyways, back to the game mentioned up top, imagine a bunch of bench warmers or bottom-of-the-lineup guys in the NBA, NFL, or NHL taking on whoever plays those American sports in England...not pretty! Therefore the final outcome of that match is not surprising in the least.

I think soccer (football, whatever) is a pretty cool sport. I gave it up years ago for music and because I already ran faster and further than anyone else, and that's no fun (plus music is way better). My sister is at a tournament right now, she's one of the best keepers in her age group in this state, and she's not too shabby at striker.

Post May 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
About USA and Canada not having Soccer as our main sport...we like to be different. Maybe the rest of the world is just a bunch of boring conformists? :P

Post May 28th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Lol, conformist.

I must say i do love the way you americans have a world series of baseball, consisting entirely of teams from america. I also love the term "football" for a game that requires less use of the foot than curling.

Rugby, by the way, is essentially "football" without the padding, and so i doubt very much the outcome would be as such rocketboy.

Now i'm not going to say that we're better than you at all sports, because quite clearly that is not the case, but still...

V Real i wasn't knocking curling, theres just more footwork involved than American Football

Post May 28th, 2005, 9:14 pm

BTW, Baseball is international. There are the Toronto Blue Jays. Recently there was the Montreal Expos...but they went under and got sold.

And dont knock Curling! Curling is sweet. :D No really, I think curling is intriguing. Alot of weird skill going on.

Post May 28th, 2005, 9:35 pm

Yeah, I agree about curling .... that whole brushing the ice thing is fascinating. Oh wait, didn't we invent a Zamboni to do that? [lol]

Post May 28th, 2005, 10:28 pm

Zambonis' dont brush ice, they shave it.

Sheesh. You certainly arent Canadian...but neither am I. So I dont know what Im talking about. :D

Post May 28th, 2005, 11:12 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Hey I play soccer! It's not as big in the states as Baseball or Football. I also play lax! Lax is growing wicked fast in the states - at least in MA.

Post May 28th, 2005, 11:26 pm

Post May 29th, 2005, 12:55 am

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah...err, soccer/football is a great sport to watch, and a very exciting spectacle. I never miss the World Cup, and try to watch as many games as possible, no matter what time they are on. And I was surely pulling for the U.S., who did pretty decently last time around. I don't see the point in bashing other culture's sports. It seems to be that if someone doesn't understand a certain sport, or hasn't given it a chance, they just say that it is stupid. I enjoy soccer and football; it's just too bad that the only soccer we get to watch over here is the weak MLS. And for me, I could watch just about any sport. If it's a competition of some sort, I'm usually drawn in.

And gouldy, give it a rest, damnit. All of your crap about how Americans are stupid and we suck at everything and all that is getting quite annoying. Why don't you just shut up once in a while?

Post May 29th, 2005, 7:05 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Real

BTW, Baseball is international. There are the Toronto Blue Jays. Recently there was the Montreal Expos...but they went under and got sold.

2 countries? [lol] Baseballs version of the world cup contains 2 countries? [lol][lol] sorry, thats funny. "Soccers" world cup contains at least 252 countries [:)]

McFly, dude, I was joking really. I can't say that your sports are terrible sports because obviously they appeal to a lot of people within a certan community, that community being America. What I can say though, is that "Soccer" is the best sport in the world as something which is all round and appeal to the most people bla bla bal [:)]. Still though, don't watch the world cup dude becase its lame, the football played is boring and just crap, the teams mainly just cancel each other out and it just makes it crap. Almost as crap as the MLS is ...... actually no, nothing is that crap [lol] I reckon a team from the 4th tier of English football (CC league 2) could beat an MLS team ..... maybe not, it would be a good game though I reckon.

"And gouldy, give it a rest, damnit. All of your crap about how Americans are stupid and we suck at everything and all that is getting quite annoying."

Well if you weren't so crap at everything then I wouldn't have to keep going on about it [lol][:P] nah, dude its all just a laugh really, poke some fun at us Brits, it can't be that hard I mean look at our faces.

"Why don't you just shut up once in a while?"

well, sometimes I'm asleep. Anyway, you'd all be lost without my treasured opinions [lol] hahah! or not obviously.

Post May 29th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Hey, meh...forget about it. I'm an ass.

But yeah, to the topic at hand...I'd like to be able to see more real soccer/football games from Europe, and did watch part of the Liverpool, AC Milan match because it was shown over here.

Post May 30th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

this is my non-cared about opinion.

MLS: weak compared to Football in Europe. Average to about every other league in the world. The MLS just gets beaten up to death b/c it is in america, and brits and amercians are usually compared.

MLB: boring as hell on TV, fun though to watch.

NFL: americans imo love it half the time b/c they are alcoloics(is that how you spell it?) and they use football as an excuse to get drunk. The other half like it b/c they like to see people get tackled to the ground, they are usually drunk, but dont use football as an excuse to get drunk.

Curling: interesting

NHL: greatest sport besides football(soccer) ever created....period.

Return to Off Topic Discussion