Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Very belated photo report to Cedar Point

Very belated photo report to Cedar Point

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 22nd, 2008, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
This is going to be a little short, because I went there some time October 2007 with my marching band. I FINALLY found and got around to developing my crappy throwaway I got onto a CD just a few days ago.

Here is what I can remember from memory.

We get there, and it's a Saturday on Halloweekends. Not a good idea.
We went to blue streak, it was an hour wait. We walked to Millennium Force, ~2.5 hour wait. Getting annoyed, I said that we should just head to Maverick. It was approximated at 2 and 1/4 hour wait. I told my group of friends, "I'm waiting. This is what I came here for, and I will not leave this park until I ride it. I intend to ride this at LEAST once today, I do not care if any of you leave the line." or something of the sort. The line passes and passes, us playing 'waiting' or 'subway' games along the way and grabbing an overpriced mountain dew. We got to the front, and my watch stopclock said 1:48. That was less than two hours, and proves that the line really does go fast.
And man was it worth it. I loved the ride. I got off, and since I was the guru of the group, everyone asked me is it my new favorite.
...I couldn't say yes. I said, and I still hold it true today, that my top coaster(s) is a list of three, all PERFECTLY tied for first place: Millennium Force, Maverick, and Raptor.
After that, we went to the nearby wave swinger for a ride, and then stopped for some food at the adjacent food stop. Making our way toward the front, we got in the 45 minute wait for Power Tower. The thrust tower. And, since I am a total coaster freak, I found it quite boring. My friends thought I was abnormally insane. We sat on the car, waiting, and everyone SCREAMED their head off as it launched, while I sat there and said, "Wow, this isn't exciting. Boring." Not even kidding.
For some reason, after that all I can remember is heading for Raptor as the sun started to set. We got there, and waited in the 1 and 3/4 hour line. About an hour in, it broke down. I was determined to stay in the line, since we had already made it this far and the line in front of us shortened to about 15 minutes, losing more than half the people that were ahead. So we waited. And waited. The car was still stuck on the lift. And the people were still in it. 15 more minutes later, they were out and we were still waiting. We gave up, and left the line. We walked over to the game area, and had some food too.
Wandering around not getting much accomplished, it was late and dark. We get a phone call: Raptor was testing. I ran there as fast as I could. The line was out the gate, but all the zig zags were closed. This made for a 10 minute wait.
We got up to the front and got in a car near the front, or back; plus or minus eight cars. And thats what started the fastest, best, most intense Raptor ride I had ever been on. It was whipping through, almost in overdrive, and I was hootin along with it. That was the best ride on that ever.
My band left, and I got to stay after with my family that went with. We went on Maverick again, right at closing time, midnight. We didn't get into our car in the parking lot until about 1:00, with the walk to the front of the park and the walk through the whole parking lot.

Some pictures (Sorry for the large size):

Thanks for reading.

-tie
Last edited by tiepilot35 on April 22nd, 2008, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post April 22nd, 2008, 7:02 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,738.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

mind if I take those images and stick them in the CP gallery?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 22nd, 2008, 7:14 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
apparently you love to see some sky in the pictures. [lol] I see more sky than Rollercoasters now!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 22nd, 2008, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Oscar, no problem. Take the good ones.

And Dirk, I didn't have very many, so I used the decent ones I had. I don't like when you can see the ground in pictures, so I take it with the sky only. Sometimes, like the Dragster one, it turns out too much somehow.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post April 23rd, 2008, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

apparently you love to see some sky in the pictures. [lol] I see more sky than Rollercoasters now!
Exactly what I was thinking! Shoot lower! [lol][lol]
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports