Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Walibi World, 17th and 24th of August

Walibi World, 17th and 24th of August

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 20th, 2005, 1:49 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Well, i conviced my parents to take me and my friend to Walibi World on a day when it's open till midnight, so expect some neat POV's day and night from Goliath, Robinhood, ELcondor, Xpress(Superman) and ViaVolta,
if i can't get the POV's that day, i'll try again next week....cos i'm going also the 24th
Last edited by hyyyper on August 7th, 2005, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 18th, 2005, 2:20 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

WALIBI WORLD 10TH ANNUAL VISIT (PART I)

Wooow, amazing

We came to the park around 13:00, and stayed till 24:00, which was really cool, i hope to put some pics up soon

FLYING DUTCHMAN GOLD MINE
rating 5/10
wait time: 30min, 20min
It's a nice coaster....to fall in sleep in, it's just a wild mouse nothing special really.

LA VIA VOLTA (+POV)
wait time: 35min, 5min(night)
rating 7/10
Altough a pretty short ride (vekoma boomerang), it was a fun experience, even better because my friend got a headcache...

ROBIN HOOD (+POV)
wait time: 20 min
rating 7/10
One of two woodies i've ridden, so yeah it was fun, nice floaters on the hills but not that much laterals, but overall a nice and fast ride.

XPRESS (SUPERMAN: THE RIDE)
wait time: 30min, 35min, 25min(night)
rating: 7.5/10
I really love the lauch, especially when it's dark and there's no "light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel". The part after the launch, a roll over some turn and a corck are really nice, but not very fast, 8 for the launch 7 for the rest.

EL CONDOR
wait time: 55min, 10min(night)
rating: 8/10
This is one of my favorite coasters ever, mainly because of the virberation, the inversions, and the loose feet, it's a vekoma SLC prototype so it's pretty rough, which i like.

GOLIATH(+POV)
wait time: 30 min, 30min, 35min(night)
rating 9/10
This coaster really rocks, one of the best smaller intamins, featuing the one and only stengel dive, a sort of zero-g but it's turn back when it's 135deg banked, so it's also know as a overbanked camelback... I rode this coaster front-mid-end, and i must say altough the neg-G's (not really much floaters) the front is better bcause of the view and wind.

NOTE: make sure to make a deal with the rideOp at the Excablibur (TopSpin) cos with a little 5 min asking we got to ride it !4 TIMES! as long a usual, i did this one 5 times with a total flip count of 49

I haven't got all the POV's, so i'll get to the Xpress Elcondor and FDGM next week (i hope)...

hyyyper

Post August 18th, 2005, 5:17 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
hyyper, if you need an onride of xpress, i'll have one over here, recorded by my own. But if you know, wws has allready a video of the six flags version park [;)]

Post August 18th, 2005, 10:37 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i know, but that one only has got an onride of xpress/superman, and i just want to do it for myselft in the first place, 2nd place comes the upload here on wws

EDIT: some teasers:

Image Insert:
26.77 KB

Image Insert:
23.51 KB

Image Insert:
26.26 KB

Post August 18th, 2005, 12:20 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post August 18th, 2005, 2:04 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

Neat, you should upload them to rcdb.

rcdb only wants high quality [;)] that's just my experience from sending photo's to them. BTW, they have allreally some high quality onride photo's [;)]

Post August 19th, 2005, 12:37 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

Neat, you should upload them to rcdb.

rcdb only wants high quality [;)] that's just my experience from sending photo's to them. BTW, they have allreally some high quality onride photo's [;)]

i only see one onride of goliath, and that one is from the first drop while construction

Post August 25th, 2005, 9:24 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

WALIBI WORLD 10TH ANNUAL VISIT (PART II)

wahoe, another at WWO,
isn't much to say after the previous trip report,
it was basically the same, the times have changed form 13:00-24:00 to 10:30-17:30, and the park was less crowed then last week,
and here they are:

Image Insert:
15.72 KB

Image Insert:
16.64 KB

Image Insert:
5.47 KB

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports