Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Walibi World Trip Report

Walibi World Trip Report

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post March 26th, 2008, 9:30 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Walibi World, I think most of you see Goliath when hearing that park, because that really is an awesome ride. But the park has a lot more to offer, I haven't got that many pics but I did make a little parkmix and some onrides.

About my day, the park opened for the first time this season on friday the 21st, and what I already heard was because of the cold weather all the rides constantly broke down, we have this weather mooron here in Holland and he said that sunday was going to be like the worst day ever in terms of the weather, well it turned out te be even a warm day ( it is spring you know although we haven't really noticed it here with all the snow [:(] ). The local wooden coaster Robin Hood was doing nothing the whole easter weekend because they wrecked it on saturday, and the company that rapairs it didn't work on easter, so it was standing still halfway on the lifthill for 3 days[:(!], but anyway, nobody was as stupid as us to go to Walibi that day because there were only like a couple of hundred people in the park, so that meant you could mostly remain seated in the Goliath,the Xpress and most of the other rides.
Well, 'nuff said, here are some fotos:

The loaded shuttle bus to the park..
The place looks deserted..
Big ferris wheel..
Dead the whole weekend.
It was just standing here all day.
Hmm, the good stuff!
Love this thing too.
Very crowded eh..
Yeah, awesome..[xx(]
[:D]
[:D]
Piet Paulasma predicted snow, I see the sun shine..[|)]

Now for some POV's

Xpress POV:

Goliath POV:

And the parkvideo:

Yeah, I know lame song, but after seeing mr. Six dance on it I couln't resist.[:D]

Don't mind the qwality, blame youtube for that.[:(]
Last edited by Gav on March 26th, 2008, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 26th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,581.00 Points
Youtube will kill quality if the video isn't top notch to begin with. I use my friend's iMac to edit my videos, but that could give you a ton of problems. What I suggest is finding a simple program to edit videos into a higher quality type before uploading.

Nice report by the way. Goliath is an absolutely gorgeous Intamin!

Post March 26th, 2008, 3:09 pm
Gav User avatar

I used sony vegas 8 in my parkvideo, but the qwality was good though, I tried to upload them with the settings from a tut on youtube, but this was the best outcome.

What files do you suggest I should upload to Youtube then then? [:)]

Post March 26th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Cool trip report and nice videos. It is always fun visiting parks when they are totally dead at the beginning of the season.

YouTube allows you to upload a video of up to 1GB now, so I would just use as little compression on video as possible before you upload. I doubt the actual video format will matter much.

Maybe resize your photos a bit too. [:P]

Post March 26th, 2008, 3:29 pm
Gav User avatar

The best qwality came with .avi, but the file was massive and strangely enough the qwality was even worse as it is now, I dunno, I'll see if I can get it better.

Thanks for the responses guys. [:)]

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports